“High standard, great value, good location”

Premier Inn Birmingham Oldbury (M5, Jct2) Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Oldbury
Belfast, United Kingdom
“High standard, great value, good location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed here for one night while I was travelling on business from Teddington to North Wales as it is a great location just off the M5.
On the plus side: usual high standard of room we all expect from Premier Inn - very clean, large, somewhere to put your things, good TV, comfortable bed, nice bathroom.
On the minus side: at check in there were 3 people ahead of me, one of whom had no reservation, so I was waiting a little while, but the receptionist didn't say 'sorry to keep you waiting'. Just a little thing, but I was so tired and it was late and I would have appreciated a polite acknowledgement of the delay.
She didn't explain about breakfast - where to go, times etc. -I later found the info on a leaflet in my room.
This Premier Inn is definitely not as quiet as every other Premier Inn I have stayed in. I could hear people in the corridor throughout the night. This kept me awake a bit which was a nuisance as I had to be up very early.
The main Premier Inn sign on the road side was not lit up making it hard to find at night. I mentioned this to the receptionist and she said she'd tell the maintenance people. Hard to believe that the staff had not already noticed that their sign was out and done something about it.
So all in all I would stay here again because it is such a convenient location but I would make a point of asking for a quiet room (end or corridor?)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Chatteris, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

We have stayed at Premier Inns before, so they are the first port of call for a couple of nights. This one was in the right location, and had good reviews, so our expectations were high - and we were not disappointed. The welcome was friendly and helpful as we were looking to leave our suitcase before the room was ready, which was not a problem for them. The room was spacous and comfortable. We were at the back, so the open window was not onto the car park, so we had no noise from other guests at all. We stayed three days, and each time we walked though reception, the staff were ready to acknowledge us. The temperature outside was bitterly cold, but the room was cosy - and warmed through quickly in the mornings after we closed the window. It is so nice to be able to open the window at night. Nothing was too much trouble here. Definitely recommend.

Room Tip: there are rooms that don't face the car park, so probably are quieter
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Birmingham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Good location for where I needed to get to. Nice welcome on arrival. Comfortable enough room. Good restaurant on site which we enjoyed for Dinner. Too much noise from other guests which kept us awake most of the night & ruined our stay.

Room Tip: Rooms away from car park are quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my overnight stay at this hotel... Friendly welcome by reception... Smooth check in... The room was spotless... 32" flat screen... bath/shower... fantastic :0) after a awful nights stay at another hotel down the road... I breathed a sigh of relief when I walked into my room at Premier Inn and said out loud "that's more like it" breakfast was at the Brewyers Fayre" next door... absolutely lovely could not ask for better.. highly recommended to get the full english breakfast freshly cooked to order... I will definately be returning to this hotel.. Very convenient and ideally situated just off juction 2 M5... THIS HOTEL GET'S MY THUMBS UP!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed here and all that needs to be say is the rooms are clean, service at reception is so friendly and helpful, plus I had a great night's sleep. to top it all off, when I left in the morning my car was covered with and Ice and reception had plentiful de-icer and scrapers all for no charge! That's what I call service!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Bingley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

The quality of the rooms was up to the usual standard. Clean and well looked after. I got caught in terrible traffic in London and it looked like I would arrive after 10pm. I stopped and called to ensure I knew exactly where the hotel was and asked if I would be too late to eat. The receptionist assured me there was a KFC next door but she also called through to the pub and asked them to hang on for me. I arrived at 9.50pm and she had my card waiting. I went straight through to the pub and they seated and served me straight away. Everyone was so friendly it was a pleasure.
I also noticed the police driving around and going in to reception as I arrived. I presume that this was related to the other comments about the security of the car park. I had no such problems.
I would point out that my sat nav took me off at junction 3. If you come off at junction 2 of the M5 the hotel is much easier to find.

Room Tip: Rooms were quiet and my room on the ground floor was fine.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Adam H
Luton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

Perfectly sited just off the M5. Typical Premier, nothing really to complain about other than the usual, volume limit on the TV locked too low and the flow from the hot tap which doesn't comply with British Standard. You will have to wait ages for a basin of hot water to wash or shave with, male or female. Shower is OK of course. The staff can supply a non-slip mat for the bath if you worry about slipping.

Had a busybody uniformed person knock on the door one evening to ask me to turn it down!! When I told him the volume was locked by the staff on low and I had to put hearing aids in to hear it he said there had been no complaints so carry on then?? Why this fellow was roaming the corridors listening to rooms at 11pm at night I have no idea.

Restaurant next door is OK and service is good.Menu is the same as everywhere else.
Always seem to be working on the hotel or restaurant recently which has been a nuisance but over now I hope.

Room Tip: They all seem the same and it's the luck of the draw if you get one at the end of the very long...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oldbury
Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2
Premier Inn West Bromwich Hotel
Premier Inn West Bromwich Hotel
#1 of 3 in West Bromwich
Premier Inn West Bromwich Central Hotel
Premier Inn Dudley Town Centre Hotel
Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West
The Quality Hotel Dudley

Been to Premier Inn Birmingham Oldbury (M5, Jct2) Hotel? Share your experiences!