All reviews sausage stayed here the sofa bed beans duty manager room was clean breakfast was included next door the pub air con free parking comfortable stay long journey family room yogurt hot breakfast car park
Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

Real value for the money, just of junction 2 of the M5. Even the breakfast was to die for, buffet style eat as much as you would like free news paper as well. Hotel staff are very accommodating nothing is a problem to them. Rooms very clean even tea and coffee plus iron and ironing board in the room.

Trip type: Traveled with family
ManagerEXHI, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham - Oldbury, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for such a positive review!
I will pass on all of your compliments to the various departments.

Hopefully we get to welcome you again here very soon.

Many thanks,
K Hamblett
Guest Service Assistant

Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

Having arrived at 6pm after a long day with my wife, 4yr old and 9mth old. We went to our room to find 1 double bed and a pull out bed and no cot. (As requested when booking online) I went back to the check in desk to query this. Speaking to the on duty manager (Chico) I was told I can not put a cot into the room and my 9mth old must sleep in the bed with my 4yr old. I explained this is not possible and and not safe to do so.
He continued to explain it is against the fire safety rules to put a cot in the room. I then asked for another room free of charge as the cot was requested when booking and I had not received any communication to say I was unable to use the room for a family. He refused again. I asked what he could do to help and in demeaning tone said there is nothing he can do. Asking to speak to a manager or another person in charge he replied with I am in charge. Asking for details to make a complaint he then gave me a piece of paper with an email for the actual hotel, not a head office or main contact centre.
This conversation continued for nearly an hour with Chico not willing to budge or help in anyway. I then explained I will have to take my family elsewhere where as they can not stay here and asked for a refunded. Which I received a blunt answer of no. Returning back to my room and beginning to pack, Chico rang the room and said he will provide me with another room as a good will gesture!
This was after nearly 2 hours after check in now, and both our children were very tired and upset. The manner of this so called manager was absurd, he had no communication skills and definitely no people skills and was not willing to help in anyway. And treated us like little respect.
The only saving grace was Brad who was the complete opposite and was very friendly, helpful and welcoming. And made both my children happy the next morning, with the awful situation we were put in.

2  Thank sj630
ManagerEXHI, Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham - Oldbury, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking your time and providing us a feedback about your recent stay with us. I am sorry about making your stay unpleasant. However, as I did explained to yourself, this was for your own well being during your stay and we will be held responsible should there have been an evacuation due to the size of our room. I did finally offered you 2 rooms 1 being complimentary 5 minutes after careful consideration on the 20 minutes conversation we had. At the end you did end up with an open sofabed in the family room and a crib in the Twin room which I should have charge you for but did it as a good will gesture. All I did was to make sure you had a good stay and also at the same time I had respect the safety procedure that is in place.

I sincerely apologise again about this.

Kind Regards,

Chico Simon Mukumina/Guest Service Manager

Reviewed August 15, 2018

Arrived late afternoon and checked in quickly - reception team were first rate. Plenty of free secure parking by the hotel - only thing you need to do was record your vehicle details when you check in. Had a great nights sleep. One downside was that because it was a weekend the restaurant was full and the staff had difficulty keeping up with the clearing of the tables. Breakfast was ok and was constantly being refilled. Will certainly stay here again.

Trip type: Traveled with family
ManagerEXHI, Guest Service Assistant at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham - Oldbury, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the lovely review! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and managed to sleep well! We will look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

Only stayed one night but the hotel was clean and comfortable with great customer service Hotel looked modern and inviting. Rooms were clean and big very inviting. Also great location near the motorway.

1  Thank kathrynmbarrett1
ManagerEXHI, Guest Service Assistant at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham - Oldbury, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to submit us a 5 star review - we really appreciate it! We are pleased to hear that everything went smoothly for you throughout the duration of your stay. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

Stopped overnight on our way to Birmingham airport. Arrived late die to traffic but was checked in quickly and nicely welcomed.
Informed about the discounts and points through their reward system.
Beds were very comfortable and room was very clean.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
ManagerEXHI, Guest Service Assistant at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham - Oldbury, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review - we appreciate all of the feedback we receive! We are glad that you were able to be checked in so quickly after a long day. We look forward to seeing you again soon!