See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 13, 2019

Disgustingly filthy throughout,toilet black and no handle,light fitting hanging off wall with exposed wires,mould round window,plaster faling off walls in bathroom ,sink tap hanging off,no plugs,carpet dangerously thread bare.This place is not fit for habitation and they have had the brass neck to change its name to "sparkle" someone has had a laugh .

DO NOT STAY HERE EVEN IF IT WAS FREE YOU WOULD BE BETTER OFF ON A PARK BENCH.

Room tip: Avoid at all costs
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank debandthewolf
Reviewed February 18, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night to attend a party near by. Upon checking in we were given key to room 452. Well we opened the door. They room obviously hadn’t been clean (see attached photos) went back to receptionist and I said I’m not staying in there. And showed receptionist (young lad) photos. no apology was just told he understood why we didn’t want to stay in that room. Was told not all vacant rooms are clean as cleaner/housekeeper finishes at 3 o’clock. Check in was for 2 o clock. Was given a key to another room. My husband said he would go and check that room told me to wait in reception. (As I’m disabled and use crutches) when husband returned he said room was down steep steps. So would be difficult for me eventually was given key to room 428. This was not much better but at least it had been cleaned. Dim lighting in room. Damp on the ceiling. No dressing table or mirror. (Was a mirror over fireplace but how I’m supposed see out of that only being 4ft 9. I never now.) had to plug straightener in by bathroom door and try and do hair threw bathroom mirror. Absolutely disgusting.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Melody H
Reviewed January 8, 2019 via mobile

What can I say. It is appalling. Dirty towels in the bathroom, holes in the carpet, heating on max, dirty bathroom & toilet. It literally had no redeeming features, none at all. The halls stunk of cannabis & I’m sure there was an escort staying in the room next to me judging by the coming & going. This is without question the worst hotel I’ve stayed in anywhere in the world, period. I would never stay there again, ever. If I was paid to stay there I wouldn’t.

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank jdoe1984
Reviewed January 5, 2019 via mobile

The only people who wouldn’t complain about staying in this place are heroin addicts. It’s minging, and should be burnt down to the ground. I feel sorry for the rats and mice living in this place. The pillows and duvet are that yellow they make Homer Simpson’s face look white! You’ll sneeze and cough cause of the dust and the cold and damp rooms. Don’t stay here please I beg you

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank ScottChegg23
Reviewed December 1, 2018 via mobile

This was booked through Booking.com and chosen because I knew the hotel from many years ago (when it had a different name). It was the worst experience of my life! It is dirty and in such a bad state of repair that I’m surprised it is still standing. Rooms are damp and mouldy. Furniture is covered in cigarette burns. There is nowhere to hang clothes. The only positive thing is that the bed linen and towels are sparklingly clean. I wouldn’t ever consider going here again.

Trip type: Traveled on business