“Noisy! Needs upgrading and the doors need to have quiet close on them”

Birmingham Best Inn Hotel
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Oldbury
winchester
“Noisy! Needs upgrading and the doors need to have quiet close on them”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Well, check-in was fine, and the car park was o.k. The staff were friendly enough. We had a twin room and a single room. Both were large rooms, but the single had a massive draught coming thru the window, and I had to sleep in my clothes because the quilt was so thin. In the twin room, The curtain didn't fit the window. and the signal on the tv kept disappearing. There was constant noise from doors banging and people shouting ALL NIGHT LONG... this was both rooms, which were miles apart from each other.

The Wi-Fi was good tho'!

So they really need an upgrade, silent closing doors and a silence policy for at least 7 hours during the night.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Polish first
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I understand you pay for what you get but I pulled into the car park not wanting to leave my car as the two cars there were damaged! So we parked out the front of the hotel. When we got to the room the tv didn't work, the bed was dirty, the mirror was covered, I dread to think what, I entered the bathroom and put my foot through the floor and there was no cover up the window! We debated hanging our clothes when the wardrobe door pretty much came off! We quickly logged on to the wifi and booked a hotel down the road! We checked out and got in the car, to our surprise the guy from reception came out and asked us our name and what room we was in and If there was any stuff in there...He realised he had booked us into a room he had already gave someone else!!! So not only would I be keeping an eye on my car all night but also may have been woken up by someone entering my room! Horrific! Please take my advice and pay a little extra and stay somewhere clean, welcoming and worth your money!!!!!

• Stayed December 2013

Travelers are raving about these Oldbury hotels

West Midlands, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Absolute cesspit! If you want to be woken up to bed bugs in your bed, silverfish or whatever it was in the room then be my guest. It's an absolute filthy, dirty mess. Yes it's £25 but the poster who said that the pictures are deceptive is absolutely correct. The place needs knocking down completely its nothing short of a brothel.

• Stayed December 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2013

For 25 quid you can't complain. My room although in need of updating was clean. Bed could have been more comfortable but sheets were pristine. 24 hour reception. Staff could not have been more obliging.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Den Haag
Reviewed November 30, 2013

You need a clean place to lay your head. Don't expect budget prices and expect the works.

Disagreeing with locoman20... he was right to a certain extent -wrong about the beer at the end of the day - I had one in the restaurant bar this afternoon and tonight.

Been here since Tuesday night =never an issue chillin at the bar after 5pm.

TDVF10 was right on the money use this place to lay your head and clear your head as you won't have distractions but don't expect the ritz ... just friendly service, clean rooms.

It would have been nice to have a nice breakfast but meeeah .. I get what I pay for :-)

Next stop Bristol ... lets see if I'm lucky enough to land in a similar

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
darkest suffolk
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I have stayed here a couple of times in the past and always enjoyed this quirky hotel. What a difference now though. Still quirky but now looking very tired and a little grubby. The bar has been replaced by an Indian restaurant which is ok if that's your bag but I would have liked to have a beer at the end of the day and there is now nowhere in reception to sit and relax. No hot breakfast is served and this is now very much ailed at the budget traveller. Sorry but I wont be returning any day soon

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 24, 2013

booked a room a week in advance, called hotel on day of booking only to be told they had no record of any booking under my name this was after they promised to check and call me back on three occasions but never did, i had to keep calling them. when they said i had no reservation they just hung up! i booked through ebookers who told me this had happened several times on this day and they booked me into another hotel which i then had to pay taxi fare, i will be making a complaint to ebookers as they should not use this botel any more. im just glad i called the hotel first instead of just turning up! Do not book with this hotel if you want somewhere to sleep!

• Stayed November 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oldbury
Ladywood
Eaton Hotel
#13 of 117 in Birmingham
Campanile Birmingham
#99 of 117 in Birmingham

Been to Birmingham Best Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!