All reviews peaky blinders modern rooms great decor well equipped gym few minutes walk away black country hanging space brilliant hotel easy access would definitely stay here again weekend stay car park short stay hotel is situated tea and coffee making facilities cooked breakfast checking in
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The service I received from Demi (reception staff at ibis Oldbury / HB358) was
exceptional.
I travel allot for work and stay in many hotels. The reception received from Demi was extra ordinary – not only was she friendly and helpful (as expected from her position) she delivered a ‘Good Luck’ card and a chocolate to my room when I told her I was staying over as I had an interview the next day.
Good will Gestures like that will go a far way and I would recommend anyone to stay over. The room was clean & comfortable too.

1  Thank Karin G
PMIERNIKOWSKA, Front Office Manager at Ibis Styles Birmingham Oldbury, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Dear Karin,

Thank you very much for your lovely review about your stay with us. I am pleased to read you had wonderful stay and that you have found our staff exceptional. I will pass your comments to Demi who I am sure will be over the moon to receive such a lovely review.

Hope you will choose us again in the future,

Sincerely
Paulina

Reviewed September 14, 2019 via mobile

My partner and I stayed over a weekend. The whole experience was excellent from check-in to check-out.

The hotel had a lovely bar area with a good selection of drinks and food. The breakfast was fresh and plentiful.

We would definitely stay here again when visiting Birmingham.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
RPAPERRIN, Front Office Manager at Ibis Styles Birmingham Oldbury, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Guest

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Styles Birmingham Oldbury.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We will also address any concerns you have

Reviewed September 13, 2019

I stayed two nights - Initially booked for one night at this wonderful hotel with my daughter but decided to stay an extra night. We had no trouble finding the hotel as it was just off the M5. No problem in parking! Greeted by a very friendly young lady who checked us in within seconds and showed us to the lift. Reception area looks amazing. It’s smart, trendy and retro. I think I can say it is the height of designer chic. Very very impressed! Our room was on level 2 (205 to be precise) and I wasn’t disappointed.. The attention to detail is immaculate - The dark doors with the knocker style finish adds class and sophistication to the outside and this is carried through into the rooms! Our gorgeous room followed the rest of the hotel in its clean lines, bold but delicate colour scheme and the mood lighting was on point. I had everything I needed and more. Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, tea and coffee making facilities etc... Room was large, airy and most importantly clean to a standard that you would expect in any 5 star hotel. Bathroom again very modern with clean lines and a shower. Lovely lighting in the bathroom to do my makeup! There was also a full length mirror in our room with a socket next to it to straighten my hair.. Very well laid out. Had a few drinks in the bar and the bar staff where attentive and profession. Liked the atmosphere so much that we decided to have a bite to eat. I had a chicken burger and it was super amazing, very juicy and tasty. My daughter had a cheeseburger and she tells me it was lovely.
Fabulous sleep, bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was lovely we had the cooked breakfast and it was tasty.. We came in at just the right time when everything was being refilled back up.. Great selection. My only criticism if I have to make one is there was no crunchy nut cornflakes but I struggled through with regular cornflakes .
Checkout again was smooth and very efficient.
I must mention Jack’ he is an exceptional young man who held doors open and was constantly smiling and very very friendly. Overall experience is amazing, it’s a modern hotel, with all the old fashioned values of excellent customer service and satisfaction. I would highly recommend this hotel and will be returning. Thank you to all the team for making our stay so wonderful.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Raj,

We are delighted to read that you had an excellent stay and enjoyed your visit at our hotel. It is always encouraging to learn that guests are satisfied with our service as it is what we strive for every day.

Thank you for your kind feedback, and we hope to see you again soon for another amazing journey with us.

Kind regards,
Front Office Manager

Reviewed September 12, 2019

Chose this hotel due to its proximity to the Black Country Museum.

A little concerned on arrival as I had not realised just how close this was to the M5. Literally right alongside it. Need not have worried as, once in the room, could not hear any traffic noise at all.

No problems finding a parking space at all. Walked into the hotel and met by two people on reception. I say reception which is actually two lectern style desks just inside the entrance. Very helpful staff who took us through the check in process very quickly.

Our room was on the first floor and as advertised. One thing to note is that there are no wardrobes or drawers at all. Just half a dozen hangers on a rail. Also noted that no bedside table or shelf on one side of the large bed.

Phones have been removed from all the rooms "so 1980s". Apparently you make use of WhatsApp to contact the reception. Not sure how that works when or if you don't have a mobile phone or that particular App.

Room was clean and comfortable for our needs. Tea and coffee making facilities as well as an iron, ironing board and hair-dryer were in the room.

We did ask for some “proper” milk rather than the UHT cartons supplied and that was no issue at all.

Bathroom was functional with a shower unit, no bath. Shower delivered nice hot water at a good pressure. Decor in the bathroom looked a little tired especially at the base of the shower.

Meals. We had an evening meal at the hotel and, if any gripes, it was here. My meal arrived 10 minutes before the wife's meal. This was noted by the server who chased up the second meal and immediately offered a free drink. Unfortunately , when it did arrive, it was wrong. Again the server quickly arranged for a replacement. Unlike some establishments who only change the incorrect item, a full fresh meal was served up. The server also arranged to have the cost of that meal refunded.

All the staff were extremely polite and attentive throughout our stay.

Breakfast was also taken in the restaurant. As well as the advertised continental breakfast, cereals and a hot breakfast were also available. Eggs were a little harder than I would like but all in all, not bad at all.

The hotel has a well equipped gym. Did not make use of this as looked far to energetic for my liking!

Excellent night sleep.

Would stay again.

Room tip: Don't let proximity of the M5 put you off
Date of stay: September 2019
RPAPERRIN, Manager at Ibis Styles Birmingham Oldbury, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I am pleased that you have enjoyed your stay.

We always take our guests comments on board, because thanks to these we are able
to improve our service and facilities.

I really hope to welcome you back soon to our hotel.

Front Office Manager

Reviewed September 12, 2019

Brilliant hotel, we stayed here for a family wedding in Birmingham, and to make the stay special we upgraded to the suite. It was well worth the extra money as the room was big with a beautiful bathroom. It was decorated to the highest standard and the extra touches in the room were a wonderful surprise. Would definitely stay here again and again. Breakfast was yummy and the staff were brilliant.

Trip type: Traveled with family