“Premier Inn in red”

Ramada Oldbury Birmingham
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Oldbury
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Absolutely nothing to complain about here. Nice, comfortable, warm and clean. Pleasant staff, doing their job efficiently with a smile on their faces. Problem is, as with all places like it, there is no soul. Doesn't help when a hotel is full of others on business. Nobody is there to have fun, and you can tell.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Mick D
There are newer reviews for Ramada Oldbury Birmingham

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Budget Hotel,friendly staff
Room (203) had all the usual tea,coffee etc shower gel and shampoo, telly etc
Very worn and in need of updating
Bathroom small and had walk in shower ( which I prefer) Tap on basin plumbed in wrong way round but every thing worked
Again could do with an update as silicone around shower tray poor, paint stains on door
Room could do with a good clean and Hoover especially by the skirting boards
Room overlooked a busy road but this didn't bother me
Few restaurants nearby
Hotel has a restaurant which I had breakfast which was good but again restaurant in need of a good clean
Plenty of parking and close to M5

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Steve J
Reviewed January 10, 2014

First of all, when I found out I was staying at a Ramada hotel I was looking forward to it.

Upon arrival I wasn't sure what to make of it. From the front of the hotel, everything looks modern, plenty of free parking..

Inside, whilst mouthing wrong with the hotel, the decor would have been suited to a similar hotel in Mumbai. Again, nothing wrong with that, but the Indian theme is a little over the top.

TV good, wifi good, room good, bathroom good and the aircon was better than most.

The breakfast was again, good.

As a business stop over hotel it is good, and for the price that was paid, defiantly a bargain, would stay again.

Room Tip: Try it for yourself.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 9, 2014

when i got to my room it was freezing and had to sit in my coat for an hour hoping it would warm up it didnt, the bathroom was like an ice box far too cold to shower .
I complained to the management they moved me to the adjacent room which was just as bad they ended up giving me a portable heater!!!! if i hadnt had to pay by card up front i would have checked out.
Other issues tap water no hotter than tepid, white towels that were yellowing through age, stained pillows and throws

very poor breakfast it opens at 7am, i turned up at 715 and the cooked items were at best luke warm!!
the last morning i went to make tea in my room i emptied the kettle, out came brown coloured water and chunks of limescale disgusting!!!
little things you notice smears on the glass door panels, pepper pots always empty cups cracked.
This is not and never will be a ramada hotel Avoid at all costs

Room Tip: book at another hotel
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank stephen g
Reviewed December 11, 2013

My partner and I stayed at this hotel and went to a company christmas party at the beginning of December. Firstly, we got there and stood at the desk for ages while the lady behind the desk ignored us. When we finally got our room key, we went up to find a reasonably sized room with what looked like a very large bed and an en suite. All very nice at first until we spent more than 5 minutes in the room! There were dribble stains all over the pillows and scatter cushions, the bed was very uncomfortable, and there was an open pack of mouldy cheese in the wardrobe which made the wardrobe and then the room stink!
The Christmas party ramada put on was ok. I would say that the dinner was adequate for mass catering but the empty salt and pepper pots on the table? Also, the music was far too loud during dinner to the point you couldn't have a conversation with the person sat next to you...
I wouldn't waste your money on a party here or on a room...

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank NikkiJTL
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I have seen various reviews for this hotel, not all good, and was not sure what to expect when we were booked in with a group.

However, for the price, this hotel is better than others we have stayed at in the area. True, it is not perfect, but it was clean and comfortable and offered a hefty breakfast.

We will definitely stay again if we want to go to another NIA event.

Room Tip: We were at the back but know nothing about the other rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2013

My mum and dad stayed for 1 night at the Ramada in Oldbury in September 2013,, which was a treat for them as they dont very often stay in hotels. Unfortunately it wasn't a pleasant experience for them, they had a shabby, dirty room with curtain pole broken, no door handles on wardrobes, toilet holder hanging off the wall and lack of adequate lighting in the room. they asked reception if they could sort out the lighting as my dad is elderly and has to use a walking stick, they were told the lights would be sorted by the time they returned from a family party - regrettably nothing was sorted!! Since then i have contacted the manager of the hotel, named Sunny, i spoke to him once, he said he would investigate my complaint and contact me by the end of that week,that was 2months ago and he has not contacted me since even though i have telephoned the hotel and emailed him numerous times, he has made no contact at all, hence leaving me with no option but to leave this review. Their website states they have excellent customer services, well this has proven that they really don't!! My parents did not have an enjoyable experience, and an even worse customer services experience.

Room Tip: Dont stay at this hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Rose M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oldbury
Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2
Travelodge Birmingham Oldbury
Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West
Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley
The Quality Hotel Dudley
Ramada Park Hall Hotel and Spa
Ramada Park Hall Hotel and Spa
#8 of 21 in Wolverhampton

Been to Ramada Oldbury Birmingham? Share your experiences!