“Not what I expected”

Ramada Oldbury Birmingham
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Oldbury
Reviewed January 10, 2014

First of all, when I found out I was staying at a Ramada hotel I was looking forward to it.

Upon arrival I wasn't sure what to make of it. From the front of the hotel, everything looks modern, plenty of free parking..

Inside, whilst mouthing wrong with the hotel, the decor would have been suited to a similar hotel in Mumbai. Again, nothing wrong with that, but the Indian theme is a little over the top.

TV good, wifi good, room good, bathroom good and the aircon was better than most.

The breakfast was again, good.

As a business stop over hotel it is good, and for the price that was paid, defiantly a bargain, would stay again.

Room Tip: Try it for yourself.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed January 9, 2014

when i got to my room it was freezing and had to sit in my coat for an hour hoping it would warm up it didnt, the bathroom was like an ice box far too cold to shower .
I complained to the management they moved me to the adjacent room which was just as bad they ended up giving me a portable heater!!!! if i hadnt had to pay by card up front i would have checked out.
Other issues tap water no hotter than tepid, white towels that were yellowing through age, stained pillows and throws

very poor breakfast it opens at 7am, i turned up at 715 and the cooked items were at best luke warm!!
the last morning i went to make tea in my room i emptied the kettle, out came brown coloured water and chunks of limescale disgusting!!!
little things you notice smears on the glass door panels, pepper pots always empty cups cracked.
This is not and never will be a ramada hotel Avoid at all costs

Room Tip: book at another hotel
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank stephen g
Reviewed December 11, 2013

My partner and I stayed at this hotel and went to a company christmas party at the beginning of December. Firstly, we got there and stood at the desk for ages while the lady behind the desk ignored us. When we finally got our room key, we went up to find a reasonably sized room with what looked like a very large bed and an en suite. All very nice at first until we spent more than 5 minutes in the room! There were dribble stains all over the pillows and scatter cushions, the bed was very uncomfortable, and there was an open pack of mouldy cheese in the wardrobe which made the wardrobe and then the room stink!
The Christmas party ramada put on was ok. I would say that the dinner was adequate for mass catering but the empty salt and pepper pots on the table? Also, the music was far too loud during dinner to the point you couldn't have a conversation with the person sat next to you...
I wouldn't waste your money on a party here or on a room...

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank NikkiJTL
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I have seen various reviews for this hotel, not all good, and was not sure what to expect when we were booked in with a group.

However, for the price, this hotel is better than others we have stayed at in the area. True, it is not perfect, but it was clean and comfortable and offered a hefty breakfast.

We will definitely stay again if we want to go to another NIA event.

Room Tip: We were at the back but know nothing about the other rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2013

My mum and dad stayed for 1 night at the Ramada in Oldbury in September 2013,, which was a treat for them as they dont very often stay in hotels. Unfortunately it wasn't a pleasant experience for them, they had a shabby, dirty room with curtain pole broken, no door handles on wardrobes, toilet holder hanging off the wall and lack of adequate lighting in the room. they asked reception if they could sort out the lighting as my dad is elderly and has to use a walking stick, they were told the lights would be sorted by the time they returned from a family party - regrettably nothing was sorted!! Since then i have contacted the manager of the hotel, named Sunny, i spoke to him once, he said he would investigate my complaint and contact me by the end of that week,that was 2months ago and he has not contacted me since even though i have telephoned the hotel and emailed him numerous times, he has made no contact at all, hence leaving me with no option but to leave this review. Their website states they have excellent customer services, well this has proven that they really don't!! My parents did not have an enjoyable experience, and an even worse customer services experience.

Room Tip: Dont stay at this hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Rose M
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We use this hotel while working in the area for 4 nights after reading the reviews on here expected the worse but it was not as bad as people has said ,,,,booked in fast the receptionist had plenty of information for us with a smile.the room its self was a twin room very clean indeed good shower,which was cleaned when we was out at night on our night shift so we always returned next morning to a clean bedroom with fresh coffee,tea and milk and the beds made.
good hot breakfast was awaiting for us so no problems there the only problem was tv reception but we did get told about this booking in as they at the moment have problem with tv reception
would i use this hotel yes i would if working in the area

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Needed a cheap hotel for the night for a friends birthday, managed to get in here for £49 - twin room. Quite happy with that.

Arrived and checked in, went to my room and was a double not a twin. Fortunately the person I was supposed to share with dropped out last minute so went with it. Literally checked in and left again as needed to get to the party. Due to a coach party arriving we had to wait 5 a while to get out of the car park, which is the tiniest in the world, as the coach was blocking any possible exit.

Bed was ok but room had filthy water marks on ceiling by window. Some other dirty marks in wall by bedside cabinet. Also a chip/chunk has been taken out of the "desk" at some point .

Adequate for a bed for the evening, beyond that would probably avoid staying again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Neil P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oldbury
Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2
Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West
Travelodge Birmingham Oldbury
Travelodge West Bromwich hotel
Travelodge West Bromwich hotel
#2 of 5 in West Bromwich
Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley
The Quality Hotel Dudley

Been to Ramada Oldbury Birmingham? Share your experiences!