“Terrible”

Ramada Oldbury Birmingham
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Oldbury
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Very disappointed, hotel awful,had no record of our booking of 3 rooms, public toilet downstairs appauling, evidently not checked regularly, dinner was ok, staff shortage +++ Total contrast to the Ramada at Chester, although this has since changed ownership. Review already put on by my brother (ghorwood7) he has spoken with manager today, manager requested a few days to investiage. Watch this space.

Room Tip: not really any good tips to say about this hotel
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank jedatog
There are newer reviews for Ramada Oldbury Birmingham

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Personally I found this hotel to be severely lacking in all aspects when taking in consideration of the brand name Ramada, if this hotel is representative of all others under this name I would strong advise that they be avoided at all costs. Firstly I found that the service left a lot to be desired and the goods offered were of the lowest standard. The room we arrived in still contained dirty towels and had yet to be made up, though once this was brought to the attention of the staff it was rectified. At first we believed this level of cleanliness to be isolated to our room but after using the facilities offered to the guests we found this to be untrue, this was further verified when we discussed the matter with other guests over the cold breakfast supplied by a poorly understaffed catering team. The only redeeming factor of this hotel was the level of care provided by what little staff there was.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Ghorwood7
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Save your money and go else where!! Charged me an extra £55 which im having to put in a fraudulent claim with my cc company as the manager has failed to return any of my calls. If the hotel is empty which it was at the weekend be prepared to get the dat befores breakfast warmed up. Also be prepared to have a cold shower if there is a full hotel as the hot water must be distributed to whoever gets up the earliest. The entrance to hotel if you have a car be aware as it is tight. The wifi signal is rubbish unless you are in the lobby. The owners also own the travellers inn abt 100 yards away so i probably wouldnt stay there either.

1  Thank Martin B
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The room itself was very clean and modern with free wi-fi. Staff were very friendly and helpful.
Downside was you are right on a main room so very noisy, parts of the hotel need better maintain eg roof tiles missing in corridor, stair well very messy. Food is pretty poor and not many restaurants nearby.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Fraser C
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Just stayed on Business in this Hotel for a total of three days, my secretary booked the room through Late Rooms.com as she always does and this is the second time I have stayed here as usual no problem checking in all my details were in the reservation computer and the young lady on reception was very helpful and informative as were all the female members of staff, before I carry on just to say that there was ample parking in front of and to the rear of the hotel, I was given the key-card to my room at the very end of the 3rd floor, walked in and as usual a clean and tidy room with ample tea and coffee facilities, wall mounted 32" LCD Freeview TV, clean and tidy bathroom with a wet room style shower which had the usual shower gels at hand.
Had a great shower with alternating shower pulse/jet head and just to note the temperature stayed constant unlike some hotels I have stayed at not too far from here?
Went downstairs and decided to eat in as it had been an extremely long day and I'm glad I did, as I walked in I was shown to a table straight away by a very pleasant and polite young lady who took my order and before long my lamb chops and chicken biryani had been polished off and washed down with a cold pint of Magners (hit the spot and just what I needed after a 15 hour day!!), my complements to chef BALBIR who's lamb chops and chicken biryani were the best I've had in Birmingham to date.
Then went up to my room and carried on working on-line with a good Ramada Network Connection, had a great night’s sleep and the mattress/pillows must have been new as there were no soft spots, then went down to breakfast the following morning, as I arrived I was informed that I could help myself to any table and asked if I would like tea or coffee then told to help myself to the buffet breakfast and straight away I noticed quite a decent selection of bread, spreads, fruits and juices, so after I had tried them out went over to the heated food servers, where the food was enclosed to keep it warm with a separate server for each food item, there was an ample selection of food starting at one end with fried eggs and ending with sausages and bacon at the other, all of which were hot and tasty just what I needed for a great start to the morning, went back to the table and noticed that one of the waitresses had already served my coffee, quite an enjoyable breakfast and then got chatting to some of the other guests and quickly realised that the this place had changed its approach to their clients in relation to the rooms, food and service, having become a lot better in the latter part of the year, keep up with the changes and hopefully this good hotel will become a GREAT hotel, here's to 2013...!!

Room Tip: Firstly I have stayed in rooms on the 2nd/3rd Floors both were great, the 2nd Floor room was a bit n...
1  Thank amecplc
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Booked this Hotel along with two colleagues,a few months ago directly with the Hotel.Had terrible trouble getting a confirmation,wrong dates sent too many nights booked etc.
On my way up from London the morning of my stay the Hotel phoned me and explained that they had "Lost a Floor" and had no room for me.They said they would ring me back and transfer me to another Hotel.
Luckily my colleagues were in the Hotel at the time and I rang and asked them what the problem was ,they went down to the front desk and spoke to the guy and explained that we were all booked together for convenience purposes and it would not help us to have me a few miles away. The guy at the desk rang me and said he had reallocated me a room,and while on the phone said to his colleague to ring the next guy on the list and "Bump" him.
I stayed only one night as my colleagues had already been there three nights.
I understand things can happen but it does appear that the Hotel is not run very well.
I asked for a sandwich at 17.00 after getting in my room, the front desk girl said its not possible as there are no Chefs till 18.00.Obviously we did not eat there that evening. The room was average for what you are paying but the mattress on my bed was very poor, old and of a cheap quality,needless to say did not sleep well at all.The Hotel and its various Public areas are "Very Tired"
Breakfast was the usual buffet type but as stated in previous reviews not very hot and not too adventurous.Pleasant young lady serving Tea and Coffee,not much sign of other members of Staff.
Thankfully I only stayed one night,I suppose if price is your guide then its a room with breakfast!
On reflection I would not stay here again as it appears to have gone downhill rapidly since we stayed a couple of years ago.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is the worst hotel experience EVER! Booked through Hotel.com (never again). Arrived at the hotel for check in (6 Oct) to be told the rooms we had booked were gone. Booked 2 twins, money taken but no twins. The duty manager was extremely rude (Alex Wynn). Offered no apology and had us waiting for at least half an hour while he sat at the computer. When I asked what was happening I was told he was finding another hotel. Holiday Inn Express. If I wanted that hotel I would have booked it! Customer service is non existent! I witnessed him being rude to other paying guests. The hotel may have the franchise but they do not offer THE RAMADA SERVICE. I have had to call my parents who live 30 miles away to say I need a room for me & 3 friends. DO NOT STAY HERE. It doesn't take much to be courteous and polite especially when you are in the hotel business. Shame on you. I rate this hotel -10

• Stayed: October 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oldbury
Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2
Travelodge Birmingham Oldbury
Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West
Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley
The Quality Hotel Dudley
Ramada Park Hall Hotel and Spa
Ramada Park Hall Hotel and Spa
#8 of 21 in Wolverhampton

Been to Ramada Oldbury Birmingham? Share your experiences!