“Excellent Stay!!”

Ramada Oldbury Birmingham
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Oldbury
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Just stayed on Business in this Hotel for a total of three days, my secretary booked the room through Late Rooms.com as she always does and this is the second time I have stayed here as usual no problem checking in all my details were in the reservation computer and the young lady on reception was very helpful and informative as were all the female members of staff, before I carry on just to say that there was ample parking in front of and to the rear of the hotel, I was given the key-card to my room at the very end of the 3rd floor, walked in and as usual a clean and tidy room with ample tea and coffee facilities, wall mounted 32" LCD Freeview TV, clean and tidy bathroom with a wet room style shower which had the usual shower gels at hand.
Had a great shower with alternating shower pulse/jet head and just to note the temperature stayed constant unlike some hotels I have stayed at not too far from here?
Went downstairs and decided to eat in as it had been an extremely long day and I'm glad I did, as I walked in I was shown to a table straight away by a very pleasant and polite young lady who took my order and before long my lamb chops and chicken biryani had been polished off and washed down with a cold pint of Magners (hit the spot and just what I needed after a 15 hour day!!), my complements to chef BALBIR who's lamb chops and chicken biryani were the best I've had in Birmingham to date.
Then went up to my room and carried on working on-line with a good Ramada Network Connection, had a great night’s sleep and the mattress/pillows must have been new as there were no soft spots, then went down to breakfast the following morning, as I arrived I was informed that I could help myself to any table and asked if I would like tea or coffee then told to help myself to the buffet breakfast and straight away I noticed quite a decent selection of bread, spreads, fruits and juices, so after I had tried them out went over to the heated food servers, where the food was enclosed to keep it warm with a separate server for each food item, there was an ample selection of food starting at one end with fried eggs and ending with sausages and bacon at the other, all of which were hot and tasty just what I needed for a great start to the morning, went back to the table and noticed that one of the waitresses had already served my coffee, quite an enjoyable breakfast and then got chatting to some of the other guests and quickly realised that the this place had changed its approach to their clients in relation to the rooms, food and service, having become a lot better in the latter part of the year, keep up with the changes and hopefully this good hotel will become a GREAT hotel, here's to 2013...!!

Room Tip: Firstly I have stayed in rooms on the 2nd/3rd Floors both were great, the 2nd Floor room was a bit n...
1  Thank amecplc

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Booked this Hotel along with two colleagues,a few months ago directly with the Hotel.Had terrible trouble getting a confirmation,wrong dates sent too many nights booked etc.
On my way up from London the morning of my stay the Hotel phoned me and explained that they had "Lost a Floor" and had no room for me.They said they would ring me back and transfer me to another Hotel.
Luckily my colleagues were in the Hotel at the time and I rang and asked them what the problem was ,they went down to the front desk and spoke to the guy and explained that we were all booked together for convenience purposes and it would not help us to have me a few miles away. The guy at the desk rang me and said he had reallocated me a room,and while on the phone said to his colleague to ring the next guy on the list and "Bump" him.
I stayed only one night as my colleagues had already been there three nights.
I understand things can happen but it does appear that the Hotel is not run very well.
I asked for a sandwich at 17.00 after getting in my room, the front desk girl said its not possible as there are no Chefs till 18.00.Obviously we did not eat there that evening. The room was average for what you are paying but the mattress on my bed was very poor, old and of a cheap quality,needless to say did not sleep well at all.The Hotel and its various Public areas are "Very Tired"
Breakfast was the usual buffet type but as stated in previous reviews not very hot and not too adventurous.Pleasant young lady serving Tea and Coffee,not much sign of other members of Staff.
Thankfully I only stayed one night,I suppose if price is your guide then its a room with breakfast!
On reflection I would not stay here again as it appears to have gone downhill rapidly since we stayed a couple of years ago.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is the worst hotel experience EVER! Booked through Hotel.com (never again). Arrived at the hotel for check in (6 Oct) to be told the rooms we had booked were gone. Booked 2 twins, money taken but no twins. The duty manager was extremely rude (Alex Wynn). Offered no apology and had us waiting for at least half an hour while he sat at the computer. When I asked what was happening I was told he was finding another hotel. Holiday Inn Express. If I wanted that hotel I would have booked it! Customer service is non existent! I witnessed him being rude to other paying guests. The hotel may have the franchise but they do not offer THE RAMADA SERVICE. I have had to call my parents who live 30 miles away to say I need a room for me & 3 friends. DO NOT STAY HERE. It doesn't take much to be courteous and polite especially when you are in the hotel business. Shame on you. I rate this hotel -10

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Very poor service, despite booking on Internet, no record of my reservation. Luckily I brought a copy with me. Bar was poor with most of the Evers off. Dinner lasted 2 hours, young waiter was worked off his feet with no support. Rooms, small ad lighting not good enough to work on computer.
Buffett breakfast was cold.
Check out was annoying with no record of my deposit i paid. Internet log in showed my credit card ayment.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The hotel was very clean staff were lovely one girl (Amy )on reception was helpfull and very pleasant .However the room we were in was facing the main road a very busy road and we heard the traffic all night. The hotel was cold the breakfast was cold we all sent our breakfasts back to go in the microwave,. the girl who was serving the breakfast was freezing cold . Our room was near a firedoor and we could hear it banging everytime someone walked along the passage way. We only paid just over £100 for 2 nights BB so i think it was good value for that kind of money Would we stay again NO would we recommend it to anyone NO

Room Tip: Try and get a room at the back of the building and test the fire door
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nunwick
Reviewed September 5, 2012

A very nice small Ramada, excellent rooms, very smart, clean, a problem with the TV signal was a little disappointing, but the problem with the internet was cured with a hotel reboot. Not bad price, small car park, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We booked 2 rooms, as were attending a family christening nearby, On arrival, we were greeted by a man on reception, who seemed very non informative, to breakfast time/check out times. (we had to ask) The rooms we were allocated, were on the 2nd floor, and were at the back of the hotel, which provided us with a quiet nights sleep(as the hotel is located on a busy main road) The rooms were big, and the beds were huge king size, with crisp white clean bedding.The room had all the facilities,including a iron/ironing board. Breakfast, was plentiful, but the only negative was, the food wasn"t HOT (luke warm) After breakfast, we were greeted by the same man we checked in with, Non talkitive,and seems not very happy in his job, and lacks customer relation skills. Overall, this hotel fulfilled our needs of a bed for the night

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lovestodine40
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oldbury
Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2
Travelodge West Bromwich hotel
Travelodge West Bromwich hotel
#2 of 5 in West Bromwich
The Quality Hotel Dudley

Been to Ramada Oldbury Birmingham? Share your experiences!