“BUSINESS TRIP”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Oldbury
Brighton, United Kingdom
“BUSINESS TRIP”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

A very nice small Ramada, excellent rooms, very smart, clean, a problem with the TV signal was a little disappointing, but the problem with the internet was cured with a hotel reboot. Not bad price, small car park, I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We booked 2 rooms, as were attending a family christening nearby, On arrival, we were greeted by a man on reception, who seemed very non informative, to breakfast time/check out times. (we had to ask) The rooms we were allocated, were on the 2nd floor, and were at the back of the hotel, which provided us with a quiet nights sleep(as the hotel is located on a busy main road) The rooms were big, and the beds were huge king size, with crisp white clean bedding.The room had all the facilities,including a iron/ironing board. Breakfast, was plentiful, but the only negative was, the food wasn"t HOT (luke warm) After breakfast, we were greeted by the same man we checked in with, Non talkitive,and seems not very happy in his job, and lacks customer relation skills. Overall, this hotel fulfilled our needs of a bed for the night

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lovestodine40
Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

After debating on wether to stay in the malmaison or this hotel as soon as we stepped into the hotel room we knew it was the wrong choice. On the day we were the only people in the hotel! There was a funny smell throughout the hotel and the staff always looked very bored. We went in and paid £50 on the day and asked if we could have one of the better rooms an they told us £50 is the max and all the rooms are the same.
The room is very small. Towels are dirty. Bed was squeaky and the corridor had the weirdest smell every time we opened the door.
The only positive we have is that the one wall was decorated very well although the rest of the Walls need to be brought up to that standard and the shower was quite big.

Since staying in this hotel, a couple of days ago we visited Lea Marston Spa hotel which was £52 when we were expecting to pay atleast £100. After staying there we realised how ridiculously disgusting the ramada was for the price. That hotel does not live up to it's name and I would not recommend any one to stay there. For that price you can stay in somewhere 100x better such as we did which also includes beautiful scenery and free use of facilities.. And clean facilities in the room, the much bigger room.

• Stayed August 2012
Wigan
Reviewed July 29, 2012

The overall feeling of this hotel is that it just does what it thinks it has to. The staff at reception and breakfast were pleasant but you got an overriding sense that their heart wasn't really in the job.

There was nothing majorly wrong with the stay, just the small things that other reviewers have mentioned such as missing handles from furniture, stained carpets, bits of skirting board missing etc. Nothing that a quick fix wouldn't resolve. Also, I think this is the only hotel I've ever stayed at were they only had full fat milk at breakfast!!

I would say that unless you were visiting on business and really needed a hotel close to the office, there must be better alternatives.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Oldbury hotels

Lancashire, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We had our wedding reception here and the Indian banquet the hotel chef created was outstanding. The special room rate the hotel provided for all our guests was unmatchable. It is very convenient for the wonderful Sri Balaji temple just a mile or so away where we were married. The service was good, food was plentiful and fresh and the staff polite and helpful. Free parking and just off the motorway so very convenient for anywhere in the west midlands.

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2012

As a businessman I have used this hotel regularly. The rooms are small but adequate the beds are hard not to my liking but that is a personal choice. The hotel has reminders everywhere of the indian owners in decor, pictures etc....which I like. The indian theme is carried on in the restaurant which has an excellent indian menu. Service is at times a little slack but extremely friendly which more than makes up for the apparent lack of training.
Two days ago I was having breakfast and when i looked into the kitchen which is an open one, I saw two gentleman one in jeans, t shirt and an apron, and a scruffy man in shirt and trousers. This was unusual because ordinarily there is a chef in full whites etc cooking breakfast. The scruffy older gentleman was sat chopping mushrooms....as he was doing so, some fell of his chopping board onto the floor, he then picked them up and put them with the rest of the prepped food.
I complained to the waitress who advised me this was a manager and nothing further was done, needless to say I did not eat my breakfast. Later that morning once I had calmed down I was forced to check out as I could no longer stay after witnessing such an act. upon checking out I offered an explanation as to why I was checking out early . The receptionist just shrugged and identified the perpetrator as the owner of the hotel!!!!!!

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Its clean, and the staff are pleasant (though badly trained). Good cooked breakfast and good attentive breakfast staff, but breakfast food hidden under unlabelled covers. I arrived late at night, but would have liked to try the evening meal - from the smell, it seemed like their expertise was in serving Indian food that was a cut above the standard curry-shed fare.
I would have liked a welcome that:
correctly coded my room key first time
offered me a wake-up call, a newspaper and told me where and what time breakfast would be available.
The room was very small for a double.TV was good, but I had to sit for 15 mins and re-code the TV so it would accept all channels. A comfy armchair would have been nice for a 'road warrior' like myself that likes to relax after hours in the saddle of a car seat - only a stool was provided, and anyway, the room was so small that an armchair would not have fitted in. The decor was a bit odd (but not unpleasant) - main room included Indian curry restaurant red flock wallpaper,with shiny gold soft furnishings and a bengal striped heavy dark-wood furniture that dominated the room. Lampshades were ragged.
Bathroom was fine with contemporary fittings, a heated towel rail and a substantial crack in the otherwise fine wash basin unit.
It is quite close to a main road where lorries outnumber cars. The road noise and distant sounds of industrial bangings and crashings will only be problematic if you sleep with the window open.
Morning cleaning staff were as warm as toast and had started cleaning my room and moving my personal belongings about whilst I was having breakfast (sorry folks - but I do not like people handling my stuff without my permission!)
Yes, I would stay again, but not out of preference. Too many unnecessary niggles for me.

1 Thank Ravenser
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oldbury
Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2
Travelodge Birmingham Oldbury
The Quality Hotel Dudley
Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West
Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley
Ramada Park Hall Hotel and Spa
Ramada Park Hall Hotel and Spa
#8 of 20 in Wolverhampton

Been to Ramada Oldbury Birmingham? Share your experiences!