“Nice hotel to stay in” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hatherton
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel to stay in”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

Was a bit worried about staying here after reading some of the reviews but after staying 2 nights when visiting family, think they are a bit over critical and don't agree at all.

The room was nice and clean, staff were friendly and helpful, clean towels and tea/sugar etc each day. Bed was comfy and I was pleased it was a nice big room.

I know some people think it's a bit like a motel but we quite liked that(!), at least there was plenty parking and as for the long walk to the rooms, we had to walk a bit but it's hardly something worth complaining about in my opinion.

We didn't eat in the hotel so can't vouch for service but cleanliness is a big deal for us and we were happy. Also had people we know staying in the hotel at the same time who said they had the same worries before they arrived but, like us, they were more than happy with the hotel too.

We will be staying there again next time we go down and have reccomended it to others.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2012

We stayed at the roman way hotel last week and well to be honest i couldnt really fault it. After reading other reviews i was more than a little apprehensive but for £29 for a double room i thought it was definately worth a try. Well i was more than pleasantly suprised......my room was spacious, fairly modern, and was very clean (as was the bathroom) and the complimentary toilettries & coffee/tea/biscuits were a nice added touch. The bar/restaurant area was more than adequate (even has a tv in there - which was showing live football) and food/drinks prices were very reasonable - even after the bar was closed the staff on the reception were more than happy to get me a drink to take to my room. Yes the hotel was a tad on the quiet side, but that certainly didnt bother us, and yes if you want to be picky the walls are a little thin! But Overall, The Roman Way Hotel was exactly what i was hoping for - a perfectly nice hotel at a great price. If you want a 5* Hotel then pay 5* Prices....... i will definately be staying here again :)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
france
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

It was so comforting to revisit the UK and be on the receiving end of a professional team of workers; obviously well trained and knowledgable Clean and friendly atmosphere. The staff went beyond 'helpful' The service was efficient. Fabulous hotel I will definitely book in on my next trip over. Thankyou to all the staff.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank hazeyFrance
Cannock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2011

We didnt really think you could top what you did in May for Grandma but for Marks 50th you did. Also it was great to see that the same staff asked to look after us again and remembered not only us but our family and friends. For anyone wanting to book this venue for their special occasion it really is one of the best

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Gillyval
Leeds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

This hotel does not even begin to compare to other hotels in this price range. It is in need of a major refurbishment. In fact we felt like we took a trip in a time machine and not in a good way. The room smelled less than fresh to say the least. The bed was terribly lumpy. The receptionist was defensive when I brought to her attention that the pictures on their website make it look like an entirely different hotel. The only good thing about it is location. Don't stay there!!!!!!!

Room Tip: If you want a good room, you have to go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
RomanWayHotel, Manager at Roman Way Hotel, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
Thank you for your feedback, however I am shocked to learn that you found our rooms unsatisfactory. We are receiving high standards of feedback on our refurbished rooms and to hear your comments does somewhat confuse me. I have been able to locate the bedroom you stayed in due to your name on this review matching a resident from Saturday night. To learn you have stayed in a refurbished bedroom which is of the same standard as pictures on our home website does shock me.

Although you have spoken to one of our Reception team, should you have asked to speak to the Duty Manager or myself we would have been able to rectify all matters at the hotel and directly face to face.

I do appreciate all feedback.

Kind Regards, Hannah Thompsett 01543 572 121

Travelers are raving about these Hatherton hotels

Liverpool, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2011

We stayed here for 1 night when going to V fest, the room was dirty and full of dust, the bathroom door didnt close, paint was peeling from the ceiling, fan didnt work, unable to see out of the window for dirt, fire alarm went off 3 times in night, just for a couple of seconds, staff were uanable to give explanation. I spoke to reception staff in the morning about the room and was advised to contact manager via email. To this day i still havent received a response. Terrible customer service!
I don't normally do reviews as i'm quite easy going and accepting, but the ignorant manager was the icing on the cake for me.
Avoid like the plague!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
RomanWayHotel, Manager at Roman Way Hotel, responded to this review, September 21, 2011
Thank you for your feedback. I am disappointed to read this poor review especially as I have not to this date had any emails relating to any such complaints. If I was aware of this situation I would respond with immediate effect as I do my upmost to ensure all guests have an enjoyable stay. Obviously problems can occur and on this occasion I was out of the building and was unable to rectify this on your departure. Unfortunately I do not have direct contact details for you, however I would be delighted if you could contact me directly on 01543 572 121 as I would appreciate to resolve this matter.

We as a company are continuing to move the hotel forward with ongoing investments and improvements taking place.

Many Thanks, Hannah Thompsett
Leeds
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2011

The photos onthe website must be from another hotel. Whilst the exterior is nice the room we stayed in was not. Full price is supposingly £95 we paid £40 through a website. The carpet was stained in several places and the bathroom looked very dated and had botch repairs done all over. The furniture looked as though it had been picked up from car boots. The door to the room had been kicked in at some point and instead of being replaced they had repaired this gluing. There is a premier inn across the road, which had I know was there before I booked this I would have stayed there. The receptionest was friendly enough and the reception area was nice. It maybe that it's just a dated hotel and we got the one room in the place that was run down. However, that said I would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for one in the main hotel building perhaps
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hatherton
Oak Farm Hotel
Mercure Stafford South Hatherton House Hotel
Fairlawns Hotel And Spa
Fairlawns Hotel And Spa
#1 of 1 in Aldridge

Been to Roman Way Hotel? Share your experiences!