We have stayed many times at this hotel over the years. It was really smart when new and we have felt it has been getting tired more recently. On this most recent trip our impression was that money was being invested to freshen it up, for example new carpets in the bedrooms. The adjacent parking is a boon and the check-in was prompt and efficient. The value for money was terrific for the rate we got (£63 per night and club room) and we were very happy with the restaurant service. The kitchen and waiting service was excellent. On Saturday night the hotel was full and the Sunday morning breakfast buffet was outstanding for over 200 covers -- very tasty fresh food with good choice. On Monday morning, with only 20 covers expected, it was individual table service and that was also very well done. Although the hotel is purpose built the sound insulation is mediocre and the place gets noisy on a Saturday night with people moving around and talking in to the early hours. Other than that we found the room was very comfortable. The location is perfect for the expansive Merry Hill shopping mall which provides a choice of other dining options. Although the hotel is in the middle of the old industrial Black Country there is much of interest to visit in the area and wonderful country close at hand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Copthorne Hotel Birmingham Dudley. In the heart of the Black Country just 11 miles to the west of Birmingham, this fine modern hotel overlooks the picturesque Canal Marina and is just minutes away on foot from the prestigious Intu Merry Hill shopping complex. The hotel boasts 138 rooms & suites as well as impressive conference and banqueting facilities, catering for up to 600 delegates for meetings, weddings and conferences. Relax in our Le Club leisure centre whilst enjoying a beauty treatment or workout in the gym before taking a dip in the heated pool. Visitors can explore many various attractions, from Dudley Zoo, West Midlands Safari Park, Cadbury World and the Black Country Living Museum. Birmingham city centre is a short drive away with excellent shopping at the Bullring shopping mall, theatres and the Barclaycard Arena to watch all the major music artistes from around the world. With excellent access to the M5, M6 and M54 motorways and Birmingham International Airport, the Copthorne Hotel Birmingham Dudley looks forward to welcoming you as our guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Copthorne Hotel Merry Hill Dudley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copthorne Merry Hill Hotel Dudley
- Dudley Copthorne Merry Hill