“Top class night at top class hotel!!”

Copthorne Hotel Merry Hill Dudley
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Brierley Hill
“Top class night at top class hotel!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2011

We were attending a charity event at the hotel that evening and as it was my birthday weekend we decided to make the day of it. I asked if I could request an early check in for my room as my group and I were having treatments in the leisure club and my was at 9.00am! I arrived at 8.45am and my room was ready which was fab! The treatment in imagine was amazing and well worth the money! The therapist was lovely and the leisure staff were also very helpful. The leisure facilities were great and the pool is lovely. I had arrange for us to have some food and drinks with my party at 3.00pm. The food was lovely, the best steak sandwich I have had!! My friends club sandwich also looked good! The ambience in the faradays was lovely and everyone was polite and nothing seems too much trouble. On the night the charity event was great and the food on the evening was amazing. The presentation and taste was the best I have had when attending other parties/ weddings. The next morning my husband and I enjoyed a very rare lie in and had to rush to get down for breakfast. When we got down there, the hot food had gone so the staff explained if we were ok to wait then the chef will cook us some fresh. The Scottish gentleman who served my party and I was outstanding. Nothing was too much trouble and he kept coming to offer us more tea and coffee even though we could see he was trying to set for lunch. The hotel is the best in the area and I will be recommending it to all my friends and family and thank you for helping me to make my birthday weekend such a pleasurable one!! Plus merry hill is a stone throw away and I can always find a reason to shop!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2011
GMMerryHill, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Merry Hill Dudley, responded to this review, May 4, 2011
Dear Nicky

May I begin by thanking you for taking the time to share your recent experience?

I was delighted to read that you and your party had such a wonderful experience. It was our pleasure to support the charity event and I hope you were able to raise the profile as well as funds for such a worthy cause.

Thank you also for your kind comments regarding the service and especially my colleague Murray, whom you mention at breakfast. I will be sure to pass your kinds words to the team.

Thank you once again for sharing details of your stay and I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Matt Ward

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
Gloucester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2011

I Made a reservation for a twin roomon their website.

When we turned up at the hotel at just gone 16:30 we were told they had overbooked and had no twins available but they would put us in a double and put another bed in the room.

When we got the room they had put in a fold up bed which was really only suitable for a child and was not suitable for an adult.

Whenwe explained this to reception they got the manager who blamed us for checking in late even though we had to put card details into the website to guarantee the room. They would do nothing to resolve this apart from make us pay for a second room (even though it was their error).

We ended up having to check out and drive home missing the event we had pre-booked tickets for and wasting petrol.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank Pashie78
GMMerryHill, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Merry Hill Dudley, responded to this review, April 14, 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience, though I must apologise that you have left the hotel unsatisfied. This is far from our intention and a far cry from our regular service standards that we pride ourselves on.

May I recommend that you contact me directly at the hotel, so that I may discuss the matter directly with you. In addition I would like to discuss the opportunity to return to the hotel as my guest so that I may show you exactly what we are capable of?

Please contact me at your leisure on my direct number 01384 473102

Thank you once again and I look forwards to hearing from you soon.

Thornton, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2010

Basically, everything is extra. Internet is extra and only available in the lobby. Purchased an internet access card but couldn't access the internet - hotel staff blamed it on the snow. Very happy I don't have to travel to Birmingham in the future so I won't have to stay at this hotel again.

On the plus side, the rooms are warm, the breakfast buffet and staff are awesome.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
GMMerryHill, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Merry Hill Dudley, responded to this review, December 30, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience when staying at Copthorne Hotel, Merry Hill.

I was really pleased to see that you had enjoyed food quality and service during your breakfast.

I was sorry to read that you had experienced internet connection issues and can assure you that the internet solution is now fully functional in the lobby area. As a company we are currently reviewing the wi-fi offer and hope to role out a new solution in 2011.

Once again may I take this opportunity to thank you for your comments and wish you a Happy New Year.

Birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2010

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel...the rooms are beautiful and the food was really nice ...Helpful staff..and the whole hotel was spotless.. A special thank you to the Scottish waiter he was very efficient and friendly there was nothing he wouldnt to to ensure our stay was perfect...
Access to the shopping centre across the road was fantastic only a 5 min walk away and the Merry Hill shopping Centre is fantastic

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with other potential guests.

I hope you have had a great Christmas and are now looking forwards to the New Year.

It is always a pleasure to receive such warm comments, especially when they point out one of the team for their hard work. I will be sure to pass your comments onto the team and particularly Murray, whom you have highlighted.

Thank you once again and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Happy New Year and kind regards

Brough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2010

Overall lovely hotel that is just starting to "date" a bit, as other people have stated. That said at same price for room only as the nearest Premier inn it was excellent. Pool was main attaraction to us, as was it's location. Room very spacious, shower head was a bit dodgy but otherwose very pleasant!

Breakfast was expensive as had we wanted it at the hotel it would have been approx £23 for a adults and a child. Went to the Wetherspoons acrross the canal and had a vey nice breakfast for a fraction of the price.

Merry Hill shopping centre litterally next door and good to explore the surrounding area which we know from a previous trip.

Bed, especially the pillows were not the comfiest, but maybe that is me!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Okehampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2010

£79 - B&B (booked with the hotel)

Parking was good. Reception friendly.

Room spacious and clean except that one of the glass tumblers still had toothpaste on it.

The adjustable shower head was stuck in one position (akin to standing under a pressure washer).

Breakfast was also OK, but again the cleanliness of the crockery was problematic.

Checkout was also friendly and efficient, noting the comments regarding housekeeping for management review.

I've stayed before, and at the price charged would use it again.

• Stayed September 2010
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2010

I stayed for one night for business.

Room - large. Very warm - had to open window. Decor was nice but looked like it needed refreshing a little - handles worn, curatin tie backs threadbare, carpet stained. Bathroom was great.
I heard from others that internet did not work in the rooms - though I didn't try to use it.

Food - evening meal was a large scale catered affair. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food. Breakfast was buffet - nice selection. You can ask the chef for an omelette - this is not advertised but I saw someone else do it.
The view at breakfast is nice too.

Service - couteous and polite throughout.

Meeting rooms - no problems at all.

Overral - impressed.

Ramada Park Hall Hotel and Spa
Ramada Park Hall Hotel and Spa
#7 of 20 in Wolverhampton
The Quality Hotel Dudley

Been to Copthorne Hotel Merry Hill Dudley? Share your experiences!