“Service”

Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Wishaw
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Cock Inn is predominantly known for its fantastic dining experience. We provide a great venue for special occasions, birthdays, anniversaries, christening celebrations. We have a fantastic 'Overgreen Suite' suitable for up to 50 guests. Whether it is a buffet style gathering, a sit down meal or a conference we can really make it special for you.
Tamworth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Service”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Recently visited with my granddaughter for lunch and we clearly were not important to the waitress as the water I asked with my order did not arrive and had to ask twice more to different waiters before I got it. We were placed in a corner out of the main restaurant although there were nicer tables available.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Caroline E

UK
“Great food in a good atmosphere”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Went here for a meal a few weeks ago on a Saturday night.

The restaurant was very busy, as was the bar, but the food was fantastic.

Prices here are slightly above average compared to elsewhere but the quality of the food makes up for that.

Looking forward now to see what the Christmas menu looks like.

Visited September 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Worst Sunday dinner ever eaten.”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Although, I love the atmosphere of this place and always enjoy it for a drink, me and two others had Sunday dinner recently. Considering it costs nearly £13, it was extremely poor. By this point it was later in the afternoon and I distinctly got the feeling, it had been cooked much earlier and re-heated. The Yorkshire pudding was stale, as was the minute amount of stuffing that we were given. The gravy was the saltiest thing I have eaten and the chicken was dry. I am not usually one to complain about food but I would put this in the bracket if 'awful'. We did complain to the manager and were given a measly 10%o off. The poor discount is not really an issue, what is an issue is that I am unlikely to return to eat here again.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank HannaRobinson
Beverley, United Kingdom
“VERY NICE”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My wife and I went here for a meal whilst staying at The Belfry. (If only that was as nice as this place!)
Nice beer, lovely food, friendly and attentive staff.

Visited September 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Good food at a price.”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This is our latest visit to 'The Cock Inn' and we were not disappointed. A combination of friendly staff and good hot food delivered to the table made for an enjoyable dining experience. To reflect the price I would have anticipated boneless sea bass and a slightly larger serving of pork with our mains.

• Visited September 2013