“Worst Sunday dinner ever eaten.”
Review of The Cock Inn

The Cock Inn
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Wishaw
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Cock Inn is predominantly known for its fantastic dining experience. We provide a great venue for special occasions, birthdays, anniversaries, christening celebrations. We have a fantastic 'Overgreen Suite' suitable for up to 50 guests. Whether it is a buffet style gathering, a sit down meal or a conference we can really make it special for you.
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Although, I love the atmosphere of this place and always enjoy it for a drink, me and two others had Sunday dinner recently. Considering it costs nearly £13, it was extremely poor. By this point it was later in the afternoon and I distinctly got the feeling, it had been cooked much earlier and re-heated. The Yorkshire pudding was stale, as was the minute amount of stuffing that we were given. The gravy was the saltiest thing I have eaten and the chicken was dry. I am not usually one to complain about food but I would put this in the bracket if 'awful'. We did complain to the manager and were given a measly 10%o off. The poor discount is not really an issue, what is an issue is that I am unlikely to return to eat here again.

1  Thank HannaRobinson

Reviewed September 29, 2013

My wife and I went here for a meal whilst staying at The Belfry. (If only that was as nice as this place!)
Nice beer, lovely food, friendly and attentive staff.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

This is our latest visit to 'The Cock Inn' and we were not disappointed. A combination of friendly staff and good hot food delivered to the table made for an enjoyable dining experience. To reflect the price I would have anticipated boneless sea bass and a slightly larger serving of pork with our mains.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I always consider it a treat to go to The Cock as it's not cheap and it always feel special when we're there. But I am easily pleased I suppose! We went early on a Tuesday evening so it wasn't busy. Great service at the bar, good wine, nice beer. We were able to choose our table and the restaurant service was great too. I had the lamb koftas which were delicious - other half had a mashed potato hash thing which he said was weird but nice! My haddock and chips was very hot, beautifully fresh and perfectly cooked. He had the pork belly which was 'delicious'. Maybe the standards of service and food drop a little at busy times but on this occasion we couldn't fault it - freshly cooked delicious food in very nice surroundings with friendly service. We'll be back again!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

4 of us went on a Friday evening in August. As Wishaw is hardly the crime capital of Europe, and The Cock Inn is NOT cheap, then I am at a loss as to why the place needs grumpy and unwelcoming door men - so not a great start. We're 4 sober grown ups with nice manners by the way in case you were wondering!

Of the 4 of us - 3 were delighted with their food - I chose the chargrilled peri peri chicken - dreadful! Worse than a supermarket ready meal and easily the simplest thing on the menu to cook, so no excuses there! Plus under-cooked fries...Had I not been entertaining clients I would have sent the whole lot back.

Service slow and it wasn't heaving so not sure why, BUT apart from that the atmosphere was good and 75% of the food excellent - so I would go again and give them another chance, though at these prices they should be getting the basics right!

...They do sometimes act as if they are doing you a favour by allowing you to book and eat there too, so a few front of house issues!