“Perfect for a coeliac”
Review of The Bell Inn

The Bell Inn
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We were staying in a nearby hotel but due to my wife's allergy to gluten and wheat we needed to find a place to eat that could cater for her. We are never too hopefully As most places struggle to offer a good selection of meals, but the bell inn offered a great range of food for my wife and we were extremely happy with the competence of the waitress she clearly had good knowledge of the allergy. We both loved our starters and mains, I do not suffer from any allergies myself so I normally feel guilty at having anything on the menu I fancy but on this occasion I could eat with a clear conscience as the big smile my wife was showing clearly showed she was happy not only with the amount of meals available to her but also how delicious she found them. Also for the first time ever my wife had a choice of desserts including ice creams, chocolate brownie with sauce and gluten free sticky toffee pudding! She went with the chocolate brownie with sauce and ice cream which was delicious, I had a normal sticky toffee pudding and we we extremely pleased with the waitress who warned my wife not to try a bit of my sticky toffee pudding as it was not the gluten free one. We had 3 courses each and an alcoholic drink each and it came to £59.20 this is a bit more then we like to pay but we never normally have 3 courses and the food was well worth the money. The atmosphere was fantastic, I can't fault the place at all. If we lived nearby we would be going all the time

3  Thank Sayers1984
There are newer reviews for The Bell Inn

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Wanted a special birthday dinner for mums 80th birthday. On arrival table decorated. Staff polite and friendly could not have done more. It had also been my grandsons 3rd birthday a couple of days before so they treated him special too. Food was quick which was perfect for two small children. Food was excellent. Just the right amount of choice on the menu to suit all tastes. Children's menu was also available. Will defiantly visit again

Reviewed December 16, 2013

The gluten free sticky toffee pudding was outstanding. It was great to have a wide range of options available. The only item missed was the option of gluten free chips.

However that said - it was a great place to eat, the food was good, the staff very helpful and friendly

1  Thank 60LikeToTravel
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Went here early December with family (4 adults). We'd booked, were seated quickly and drinks taken shortly after. Two of us had three courses, the other had two and all had coffee and tea. The food was fresh, flavorsome and fantastic. The menu had a wide range and the staff were friendly and knowledgeable about the food they were serving.

The only thing that I couldn't quiet work out was whether the service was slow or just about right. There was a good gap between each courses which in a way was nice as it allowed us to breath but there was also that feeling that they were just a tiny bit slow but other than that it was great.

We will be returning. It's 1/2 way between two families and there are some nice walks in the area so we fill up on good food and then attempt to walk it off!

Give it a go!

Reviewed November 22, 2013

It is not always easy to find pubs doing food on a Monday and even harder to find such a comprehensive and interesting menu which satisfied all tastes including a great selection of vegetarian food. The service was friendly and attentive, the prices were on the higher side but good value considering the quality and portion size. There were seven of us and we all enjoyed something different - everyone was delighted with the whole experience. There was a good wine list too - plenty of choice.