“nice gastro pub”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
“nice gastro pub”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Nice little gastro pub set in the heart of the village. The food was nice but I've had much better, Six of us dined here for the Christmas set menu, the starters were all lovely and well presented but the main of traditional turkey dinner I found very rich and salty as did a couple of my friends. Not bad value @ £23 for 3 courses however we found the service charge very expensive.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank debbiefrances

Solihull, WM
“Country pub setting”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Enjoyed a lovely January midweek lunch beside a welcoming roaring log fire. My dining companion and I had Moroccan Chicken and Pine Nut with goats cheese filo parcel with risotto. Cooked to perfection. Waiting staff friendly and most welcoming. Interior decor quite contemporary but basic in muted greys. Would recommend.

• Visited January 2014
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great Food but Staff Lacking Enthusiasm”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We had a table of six at The Bell a couple of weeks ago. It's a very nice intimate gastro pub in the heart of the village. The food is very good. I had the pork belly followed by apple pie. There's a good range of drinks on offer including real ales.

My only criticism is that the front of house staff seemed to be going through the motions....like they didn't really want to be there. We'd definitely go back for the great food though.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Brumjam
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food and good service.”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Lets be clear this is not a "two for £10" type place. It isn't cheap. However the food is excellent and the service is very good.
The menu is varied and interesting but a little limited if your a veggie.
I will be returning and would recommend it to others looking for something special.

• Visited October 2013
Worcestershire
“No question the number one restaurant in Tanworth in Arden”
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Having not been to the Bell for a some time we have been back twice in the last couple of months because we liked it so much. It's everything you want in a pub, nice decor & atmosphere, good service and great food. What more do you need to know? Oh actually there is a really nice looking private dinning room (I am still trying to think of an occasion so I can book this!) and bedrooms too if you or your friends don't live locally. Absolutely has to be the number one restaurant in Tamworth.
There are lots of tasty sounding dishes on the main menu but somehow I keep getting tempted by the specials. I guess I am just going to have to go back AGAIN!

Visited August 2013