“Very good!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Very good!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Been here twice. First for the a la carte dinner with a Thai friend and my kids which we all enjoyed and yesterday with my family for Mother's Day lunch - we had the Sunday buffet.

The a la carte menu is a little pricey but go for the Sunday lunch buffet which is very reasonably priced! Good spread of variety and very authentic Thai taste - some even better than my Thai friends' home cookings!! I was very surprised how good the buffet is and the taste feels like eating in Thailand, with the decor and atmosphere to support it. Nice Thai furniture without being tacky and quite elegant-ish in Thai style.

The service is excellent. Polite, friendly, helpful and smiles all round. Back to buffet foods, I especially love the hotness of the som tam (papaya salad). It's just like how me and my Thai friends would make. I saw a few of Thai people eating there too so they must have approved. And the dessert! Excellent varieties!! Very nice!!! As many choices for desserts as those of the buffet itself and none doesn't taste good!

We enjoyed our meal yesterday very much and my 7 year old son has even said today that he really likes it and wants to eat there again soon! I have to agree with him on that!!

I'd definitely recommend Thai Orchid and I'll be back very soon too. The place is suitable for any occasion from romantic to family meals.

2 Thank Ki2x

“Lovely place”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Great food, wonderful service, amazing decor, nice atmosphere. We'd walked past this place a hundred times and always wondered what it was like; now we know what we've been missing. The best restaurant in Rugby (Cafe Vin Cinq is a very close second though)

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Dave W
“Simply the best”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Visited this place for valentines day, this time they were very busy, and this time again the service was spot on, beautiful surroundings gorgeous food, the attention to detail down to carving the carrots into leaves, perfect meal perfect surroundings maybe a bit pricey overall but where isnt these days when eating out. just faboulous can not understand why this is not the number one restaurant in Rugby.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Delamigo
“delicious”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

iv had a couple of takeaways from Thai Orchid definately recommend..never sat in but heard its lovely dinig experience so will try one day

Visited May 2012
3 Thank 998sarah
nsw
“lovely ambience and good service”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

A great well presented restaurant with excellent service. We enjoyed our meals although they were a bit pricey compared to Thai restaurants in Australia, however the UK is a fair hike from Thailand so a fair call I think.

• Visited February 2012