All reviews fusion restaurant sunken bath comfortable stay dance floor following morning jug venues
Selected filters
Reviewed March 26, 2019

i considered various venues for my 60th birthday party, ranging from the local pub to something grander. fifty people were to be invited, and The Grosvenor won the day. The guests found The Grosvenor easy to find with its central position in Rugby, and within easy walking distance from the station. Guests coming by road used the ample and secure hotel car park, and could stay overnight in the hotel's bedrooms.
As for the catering, there was ample food of good quality,
presented in an attractive room which easily held the fifty guests. The meal was a self-service buffet, both hot and cold. we congratulated the cook on the quality and seamless supply - as soon as one tray was finished, be it hot or cold, it was immediately refreshed.
Our guests who stayed overnight were happy with their rooms which were of perhaps an older fashioned type, but were nevertheless very comfortable.
Everyone enjoyed the disco which was supplied, and he dance floor (in the same room as the eating guests) was never empty. The dancing went on until midnight - without disturbing any of the neighbourhood.
The following morning, guests who had stayed overnight had a choice of a delicious continental or full `english breakfast.
I can recommend The Grosvenor to others searching a place to hold a similar event.

Date of stay: March 2019
1  Thank Pavlina S
Reviewed February 12, 2019 via mobile

The service level at this hotel was exceptional. From the minute you check in until you check out. I liked how they showed you to your room and made you aware of what the room had. The food was delicious. Very pleaaant and comfortable stay!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank gilbee1971
Reviewed December 31, 2018

The room where we ate in the Fusion Restaurant was freezing cold and we all kept our coats or jackets on all night. The food was quite nice, but silly things like butter on the table but no bread rolls and when I asked for them, was told they were not on the menu and the butter was just for anyone having pate. Ridiculous. I also had to ask several times for glasses and water for us all before it eventually came. Nothing special I would say, just ok, but would not go back.

Date of stay: December 2018
Reviewed December 23, 2018

We booked at the end of September a Christmas lunch for 14 people and paid the balance at the beginning of November. On the day of arrival they knew nothing of our booking, no-one else was there, the kitchen was closed and there was no chef and no waiting staff and no tables laid out. it was a total cock up as they had forgotten our booking. I demanded a full refund which I got, and I got a bottle of prosecco. it was an absolute catastrophe and never want to come here again.

Room tip: do not book here, this hotel is awful
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Gagan D, Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2018

We understand your disappointment, due to probably an error, the booking was on our system for a different date. However, from our side, we first gave you 2 complimentary bottles of wine while you were there and offered a full complimenteray meal for all 14 of of you at that very moment which you declined. Then the staff gave you a bottle of Prosecco as a gesture of goodwill, £25 to cover your taxi fare but in the end one of our staff members personally went to drop you home. We dont see what else we could do in this situation but there can be incidences that are out of our control. We hope that you can appreciate that and that the staff went above and beyond to rectify the situation.

Reviewed November 25, 2018 via mobile

If you work nights. Don't stay here. There had been issues with booking rooms so I had to get up 4 hours after finishing work. Then wait for another room. The first room I stayed in was quite nice. But the second was very noisy. The radiators screeched very loud and I couldn't sleep. The restaurant was closed 2 out of the 4 days I stayed. Which was a big incoveniace. I was told I should have ordered a sandwich while having breakfast. Which i had not had that day as I knew i was going to lose my room so chose sleep over food. Finished my week feeling terribly exhausted and checked out early as I couldn't wait to get away. The food is very good I will give them that. Just the service I felt let it down. Will not stay again.

Date of stay: November 2018