“Bad service”

The Grosvenor Hotel
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Rugby
Reviewed December 1, 2011

The hotel is poor to average for the money you pay.
Cold water tap in my room was not working.

At night, they double charged my dinner. Ok, it happens. I was told I could have asked for my money back as soon as I had a confirm from my bank. After 4 phone calls and 2 weeks I still haven't managed to get my money back.

The waitress looked confused when we asked for separate bills and bring one for the three of us.
The guy at the reception at check out could not provide a receipt.

Not coming back.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Federico M
ManagerGrosvenor, Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2012

Thank you for your review. Would like to sincerely apologise for your experience with us

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Me and my husband had our wedding reception here on 13/08/11 and have very mixed views on the quality of service. My main problem was the management. Communication prior to our reception was appauling. The first meeting we had with the manager Bal to initially look round the venue was great, he gave us all the information we needed and the hotel was currently undergoing refurbishment with the hotel inspector tv programme, which was fine so we made the decision to go with them for our wedding reception after looking round various venues in rugby, it was best value for money. After that several meetings were arranged with Bal and then his wife but twice they did not show...On the second occasion we turned up with our 10mth old baby and the doors were not even open.This was about 3 weeks prior to our wedding.As you can imagine panic started to take over.So close to the wedding and not to show up was awful. When I finally got to speak to someone it was a gentleman called George and he could not have been more helpful and I arranged to meet with him instead of Bal. He restored my faith in the grosvenor hotel as I was very close to cancelling the booking. He did everything he possibly could of done to help me with the last minute bits, and just wish I could of dealt with him to start with. On the actual day of our wedding I can not fault george and his team of staff as they were so helpful.The food was amazing the staff were friendly. There is nothing I would do to actually change anything on the day. The only thing that was slightly dissapointing was the bridal suite. It just looked very dated and like a standard room not a bridal suite. That definately needs updating. It was nice touch with champagne in room etc.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa P

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the kind words with regards to the wedding, we do sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Reviewed October 1, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel in September 2011. She was born in Rugby and we stayed there. The staff were very friendly,courtious and very helpful. The restaurant and our meals very great and well presented.The accommodation was excellent.It was one of the highlights of our trip.We're from Australia.

Room Tip: Don't look around for other accommodation, go straight to the Grosverner. Youwon't be disapp...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alex P
ManagerGrosvenor, Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2011

Thank you for your positive comments regarding the hotel and restaurant, and we look forward to welcoming you when you're back in England next

Thanks

Reviewed September 28, 2011

Passing by rugby wanted a place to stay with my partner, did know about this hotel from TV hotel inspector, so i thought i would give it a try. i loved it. Peaceful sleep, fantastic food and great staff very helpful.
I would recommend this to anyone wanting a hotel in rugby

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank solnee R

Thank you for your positive comments regarding the hotel and restaurant. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you in the future

Reviewed September 27, 2011

If you are looking for a hotel with no or very little character then dont bother with this little beauty...I have been staying here since October 2010 and was looking for something that I can call home whilst I am working and staying in Rugby. So what if the rooms are not to the Ritz standard, they certainly have character!!!! The food is superb with a nice varied menu and the staff are always extra glad to help and serve. If ever I have had a 'serious' problem with my room it has been dealt with immediately and efficiently.

Would definately recommend this hotel if you are looking for a place to eat in Rugby and would certainly recommend it if you are looking for a permanent place to stay whilst on business in Rugby. I would not recommend this hotel to 'snobs' who expect to be pampered and have gold plated taps in their bathrooms, go book the Ritz in London and commute to Rugby!!

Thanks guys for everything and please do not modify the rooms too much !!!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Robert B

Thank you for your positive comments regarding the hotel and restaurant, we are glad that you gave enjoyed your stays with us, and look forward to seeing you soon

Reviewed September 20, 2011

My partner and I stayed at this hotel and we certainly will never stay again. The curtains were hanging off the rail, and when you turned the cold water on it was hot, very hot, also the toilet roll holder was on the floor. The bed had a big dip in the middle and was very uncomfortable.
In the morning I wanted to have a shower and there was no hot water.

The rooms certainly need updating it is a pity they are not as nice as the downstairs area.
We will never ever stay in that hotel again.

Room Tip: Don't stay there
Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Erica504202

Thank you for your review. Do sincerely apologise about your experience, a refurbishment programme is in place and works are always on going. Apologies again

Reviewed August 18, 2011

The food at the hotel was fantastic. I have been going for many years before the recent change of management. i have never stayed there as i live very near the hotel. The décor is great and the service fantastic. Portion size can be too big and also too small. Also the vegetables are not always cooked fully, which stops my Grandmother wanting to go there for large family dos.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank adventurebooks

Thank you for your warm comments regarding the restaurant, we are working on to get the portion sizes right and do sincerely apologise about this.

We do hope to see you again in the near future