“Good two night stay”

Premier Inn Rugby North (M6 Jct1) Hotel
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Rugby
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed two nights to attend a wedding nearby. Efficient friendly staff. Room large and very clean. When we arrived it was very warm in the room, but a fan was provided. However after attending wedding we returned frozen and were welcome of the heat. Had dinner and breakfast and both were good. It is a large restaurant and well run.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
TheReceptionTeam, Receptionist at Premier Inn Rugby North (M6 Jct1) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Premier Inn.
We pride ourselves on clean, comfortable and affordable accommodation and excellent service, so I am very happy to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to having you stay with us next time you're in town.

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Rugby North (M6 Jct1) Hotel

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We have just returned from a one night stay at this hotel. We were met at reception by the very friendly and cheerful Sarah and the check in was quick and faultless. She booked a table for us in the restaurant next door and we made our way to our room.
The room was bigger than we expected and as always with Premier Inn was clean and tidy. The bathroom was perfect and the bed was fantastic. The TV was a bit dated but we were only there for one night, so wasn't an issue.There was a good selection of channels.
Upon our arrival in the room, the window was open and a fan was blowing to keep the room cool. The view looked out onto a row of flats and the rear of some shops.We were not there for the view only a stop over so again not a problem. We did find the area very quiet which was nice.
We had a meal in the Brewer's Fayre next door which served your run of the mill pub food.We were informed that around four items off the menu were not avaliable, but the carvery was still serving.However, after deciding what to eat, the carvery closed so another item not included?!
We are not fussy so ordered a salad and a burger both of which were very nice.The staff were friendly and we enjoyed our meal.
We both slept very well, apart from being woken up at around 6am to the noise and banging of a delivery lorry and a short time later a refuse lorry making the same loud noise. That was a small issue which didn't spoil our stay.
We had pre booked breakfast and again this was very nice with a lot of choice. Once again the staff were friendly.
We really enjoyed our stay.We were in the area for an anniversary party and stayed here due to its motorway location. If we were in the area again we would definitely stay.If your after a pleasant and quiet overnight stay then we would highly recommend this hotel.
Finally, check out was very quick and painless with Sharon this time on reception and once again very friendly and cheerful.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor at the rear.These seemed to be the even numbers, so if you want to avoid...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much indeed for your wonderful review of Premier Inn. It is always very pleasing to see our guests take the time to leave a review. To ensure you continue to get the best value for your money please continue to visit our website – www.premierinn.com.
The team and myself look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stopped here for one night wife my wife and once again found a very clean and well maintained premier inn.We ate dinner in the pub next door which was very welcoming and prices were very reasonable.The food was of a good standard and arrived promptly.

A very good stay all round

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
TheReceptionTeam, Manager at Premier Inn Rugby North (M6 Jct1) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you so much for writing such a positive review following your recent stay at our hotel.
Our aim is to provide excellent service, food and accommodation yet remain price fair so I am glad you felt our restaurant and hotel provided good value for money.
I will be sharing your comments with the whole team.
We hope to welcome you back at Premier Inn in the near future.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I turned up here not expecting the earth but hoping for the normal reliable Premier Inn experience as I was on a work trip & wanted a functional stay after a very long drive.

Check in was fine - the receptionist offered to book me a table at the adjacent Brewers Fayre pub and my room was again absolutely fine - the weather was warm & the room had been prepared with a fan on, the window open & curtains shut. I could hear the rumble of the motorway but I was expecting that and it was not a problem.

I went for dinner - it was then the problems started. I had to wait to be seated which took a while. Next to the section I was standing were home made promotional notices complete with spelling mistakes and a prominent pile of staff literature giving details of how to persuade customers to buy more items - this seemed rather unprofessional to me. Also I could see the buffet selection to my right - the theme was "Burgers and sausages" - all you could eat for about £7.00 - at 8.45 pm you can imagine how unappealing this looked - really greasy & unhealthy.

I was then greeted by a waitress who said there was no booking in my name but that there were plenty of tables left and showed me to a table. I said I had decided on my order ( as a menu was in my room) but she explained I needed to order and pay at the bar - the room was fairly quiet and I felt table service would have made a much better impression. I went and placed my order & bought a glass of wine which was lukewarm. As I am English I decided not to complain.

After a short but reasonable wait my dinner arrived minus the peppercorn sauce which I had ordered. A waitress said she would fetch it for me. It didn't appear - I started to eat ( as I was really hungry by now) - halfway through my meal I went to find out what had happened to it as by now my steak was not very hot - I looked into the kitchen and a chef came out - he said he would send one over - which happened a few minutes later. The waitress did apologize and I ordered another glass of wine from her - I was not sure if this was "allowed" but in fairness she did bring me another one ( lukewarm) and said she had removed the cost of this from my bill - which was a nice gesture and appreciated by me.

I went to bed to be woken up at 5.30am by car doors being slammed & a van being driven off at speed - I went back to sleep only for a number of other vehicles to leave noisily and then a huge delivery truck came and began unloading at the adjacent Aldi store for ages - with a lot of clattering and banging. Then a rubbish removal lorry turned up...In fairness I could have shut the window but it was too hot to do that. The "Good nights sleep policy" probably didn't include very early departures from other guests so I did not bother with this.

And so to breakfast - back in the Brewers Fayre pub to the sound of Capital FM being played very noisily ( everywhere - even in the loo) I ordered poached eggs on toast. Whilst I waited for them a small baby was sick on the floor - no-ones fault - but did not improve matters. The eggs came on toast which was slightly burnt on the bottom & slightly soggy on the top as they had not been drained properly.

This was cheap - £73 for bed & breakfast - but frankly it was a rubbish experience. I have no issue with Premier Inns - in fact I have posted 3 positive reviews about other branches - but I am never staying here again.

If you do stay here & want a nicer dinner there is a Chinese restaurant in the car park which surely must be better than the pub.

Room Tip: Do not go for ones overlooking Aldi - I was in room 56
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JuwariahBristol
TheReceptionTeam, Manager at Premier Inn Rugby North (M6 Jct1) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback on your recent stay with us.
I was glad to read that you found our location, rooms and cleanliness to be very good. I was however disappointed to read about your issues regarding the restaurant. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay and I'm very sorry that on this occasion, we didn't meet your expectations.
we have we have refunded your nights stay under the good night guarantee.
Please be assured that your comments have been noted and will be duly followed up by the Management team

Reviewed August 29, 2013

My partner and I stayed at this hotel and it was lovely. Can't fault it at all, the staff were really helpful and friendly. The room was spacious, lovely decorated and very clean. Very nice bathroom, with a bath which was lovely. Restaurant had a variety of food and was great! Highly recommend. We will definitely be returning :-)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

We look forward to having you stay with us next time you're in town.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Standard premier inn...no additional thrills , easy to find. Would use again. Don't opt for the set meal deal, restaurant does all you can eat themed buffets every night that looked like better value than the meal deal I choose when booking the room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

What you see is what you get. Well received by the receptionist and the check-in was painless.
Big negative is no air-conditioning in the rooms. A stand alone fan was provided but was noisy so had to switch this off during the night.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
TheReceptionTeam, Receptionist at Premier Inn Rugby North (M6 Jct1) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I really appreciate your feedback as this enables helps us to improve standards and provide guests with the best possible service and a comfortable stay.
Please be assured that we take all feedback seriously and that your comments have been passed on to the management team.
I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rugby
Brownsover Hall Hotel
#8 of 13 in Rugby
Travelodge Rugby Dunchurch
Travelodge Rugby Dunchurch
#1 of 1 in Thurlaston

Been to Premier Inn Rugby North (M6 Jct1) Hotel? Share your experiences!