“Best Steak I Ever Had!”

On the Rocks
Ranked #3 of 204 Restaurants in Rugby
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to On the rocks at Quigleys, a new, informal and welcoming setting where you can enjoy a unique dining experience! Our menu offers simple sharing starters, indulgent desserts (freshly made by Ourselves) and of course the unique On the rocks main event! Here at On the rocks, you make your selection of the freshest cuts of meat, which is presented to your table on your own volcanic 'Hot Rock'! This lets you cook the ingredients exactly to your own taste and the simplicity of the freshest, locally sourced meat, cooked to your liking makes the food incredibly tasty.
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Really funky place, little old bar downstairs where the band playing almost takes up the size of the room then upstairs is the rustic little restaurant where they have came up with the amazing idea of you selecting a steak and its served on top on a 400degrees volcanic rock! You cook it on the rock whatever way u like it. The meat was amazing and the best steak I have ever had and I've had a fair few!! The meat is from a local butchers. Service was brilliant as well and absolutely great value. We also had a started which was a Mezze board and made up of different breads with a selection of hummus feta cheese and chorizo to put on it - gorgeous. Will def be going back soon! Book because the restaurant itself it quite small!!

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

What a brilliant idea!
Went out with my family of 5 for a meal. The steaks were amazing and the service was 5 star! There wasn't enough the waitress could go for us. She also made conversation with us and tables around us which made the atmosphere great, which got even better after the meal when we went down stairs to listen the the traditional Irish band!
Also tried a dessert which was very nice!
Highly recommend the rump steak. I will 100% be returning here!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Wanted a good steak from the local area. These steaks were all sourced from JOSEPH MORRIS BUTCHERS.
Simple but great. We're not into posh wines ( to push the bill up ) and did'nt want a load of "waffle" for dessert to fill us up.
The Rump Steak meal at £11 was bril.
Thanks
C u again soon.

Franki

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I went as part of a party of 8 for a birthday celebration! The staff were friendly and helpful, the food was amazing (best steak ever) we loved cooking it ourselves! And the decor and style looked lovely, a very pleased customer indeed.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I loved the idea behind this. In essence you cook your own steak to how you want it and the table on these lava rocks. The meal is wonderfully presented with quirky serving of chips in a mini deep fat fryer basket. My downside to this was 1. They only had one choice of white wine (which was quite honestly vile). 2. When I purchased a bottle of champagne (due to the lack of wine list) I wanted to pay by debit card so that it wasn't added to the whole bill, which was being split between a group of us, however I was informed "We do not accept card payments unless you are having food aswell". Well I was having food and I could understand if I was paying for drinks that were just £5, but this was over £25. 3. When I asked the waitress where the meat was sourced from (which when you are marketing the quality of your local produce, you should be able to state which butcher), she did not know. 4. (And finally), when you use the toilets at the restaurant you do not expect to hear the male staff in the kitchen swearing, discussing their "conquests" and other behaviour through the (quite obviously) very thin walls!

So in summary, although the food was spot on, I will not be going back there again. To run a restaurant they need a better wine list, knowledgeable staff and staff who do not swear at least 30 times in as many seconds who unknowingly are projecting their social lives to all who use the toilets. I do not want to know and I am sure others do not too.

2  Thank dani3008
ontherocksquigleys, Owner at On the Rocks, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear Customer,

I appreciate your comments with regards to on the rocks.
Let me first apologise for the language used by our kitchen staff and I have already chastised them.
With regards to the card payments and the source of our Steaks (which are all from Joseph Morris butchers) I can only assume that this was the first night that this member of staff worked with us and we will make sure this does not happen again.
I'm glad you enjoyed the food and grateful for your comments so that we can avoid a repeat of this in the future.
Can we offer you and your plus 1 to a free meal to compensate for your disappointment for the unacceptable level of service.
Please contact us on our business number if you would like to take us up on this offer.
Many Thanks