“Forgot my prawn crackers!”
Review of Loon Fung - CLOSED

Loon Fung
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Loon Fung is a family run restaurant situated on the outskirts of Rugby just off the M6 Junction 1. We provide an excellent selection of all your favourite chinese cuisine as well as something different for those wanting a real taste of China. With an excellent selection of food choice, easy access from the motorway and ample amounts of free parking there is no reason not to visit! We hope to see you soon.
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Only thing that I would say negative is they forgot the prawn crackers I ordered - so went back and got them!

Really good goood though, will do anything you want and staff are friendly!!

Connieflower, Manager at Loon Fung, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Hi Peter,
Thanks for your review. Sorry about the prawn crackers. Glad everything else was good. :)
See you again soon.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Used to come here with my kids before it was refurbished and re-opened under the new name. Good, simple Chinese food, easy to park, sensible price....it has all the basics right. It's next to a supermarket, shops, a low cost hotel and just off the M6 so the locality is not fine dining material. Service ok, but nothing special. Food fine, but nothing special. Atmosphere a bit flat. In summary I will go back, and probably many times but not for a special occasion. Why is it the top rated restaurant ? Guess for the same reason Toyota and Skoda score so well in the JD Power Car survey, it's the top place in town if your expectations are relatively modest.

Hi Peter, thanks for your review.
We always like to improve on our customer service so if you could suggest how we could improve our service and where in particular the food did not meet your expectation we would appreciate it. As new business we always like to find out where things are not up to standard.

Hope you have since visited again and continue to do so.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stopped at Loog Fung after a recommendation from a friend and we were not disappointed.

I’m a big fan of Chinese food and this restaurant does some of the best Chinese food I’ve ever tasted. The staff were really friendly and the restaurant is a really nice place to spend an evening.
I highly recommend the ribs!
Top marks Loog Fung!

1  Thank stephen4wright

Glad you enjoyed the ribs Steve!

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I visited Loon Fung on the opening night back in August (see my first review from 25th August).
Without dwelling on that visit, I said I'd be back in the spirit of fairness when things had settled down, and I returned here with my best friend and best man to catch up one night in November.
An excellent decision. Food was just as good as before - prawn dumpling starters are to die for, and despite ordering the wrong duck (my fault) it was completely scrummy.
Service was 100 times better, although it started badly when a plate of chips was brought to us but not ordered (it can happen).
Overall though Loon Fung has now surely cemented its place as one of the top Chinese restaurants in Warwickshire.
It was also a nice touch that Connie came and had a chat with us, and was very honest about the opening night. Well, Connie, you should be very proud of what's obviously happened since.
Good value too, nice decor. Maybe one or two more veggie options would be worth thinking about.
WILL BE BACK!

2  Thank GorillaFoot

Hi, thanks for giving us a second try like you said you would. I am glad this time round everything (bar forgetting the chips) was satisfying.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

My wife and I have eaten at this restaurant a few times now and the service and quality of food has been sublime.

This time we decided to introduce my wife's mother to the delights of Loon Fung and she stated it's the best she's had. This includes some awarding winning restaurants in Liverpool.

I would love to recommend this restaurant as a modern, relaxed and friendly venue that deserves to become an established venue in Rugby.

1  Thank _Jon_23_11_2012_

Hi Jon thank you for you review. see you next time :)