“super super food”

Simla
Ranked #94 of 189 Restaurants in Rugby
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: formerly known as the Kismat has been under new managment for 1 month
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“super super food”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

just been to the simla for an indian meal
what great service
what great FOOD
value for your money
mood setting for an indian restaurant will make for families couples or parties

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank chunky68chunky

“Had to try it again”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I am new to the area, I wanted to try all the the Indian takeaway/restaurants in Rubgy, review them all and report back on the best in Rugby.
I failed as this one was so nice the first time, I had to go back a 2nd.
This time I had the chicken tikka starter and chicken naga with rice and naan for main. very nice.
I also got another stamp in my book so that I get my 5th takeaway for free.

• Visited July 2012
7 Thank Si W
Rugby
“Too good to miss”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I have just visited this new restaurant in Railway Terrace, Rugby for the second time. Just too see if it was as good as the first time - it was. This Indian restaurant offers a new slant on the food. The presentation is great and the food is just lovely. I have been with two sets of friends and they all agree. It was such a shame that it was not busier - they deserve to succeed. The service was friendly, attentive and first rate - made especially good by the complimentary cocktail given to me for my birthday. All I can say is well done I hope you succeed - you deserve it. Tell your friends. I don't do reviews very often - only when I feel it deserves it and they certainly do.

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank JohnKRugby
Rugby, United Kingdom
“nice food, and good service”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Very polite and friendly service and nice food. I ordered a takeaway from here of chicken 65, onion bhaji, nan bread, chicken tikka pathia and madras sauce. The chicken 65 was tasty and flavoursome and made up of strips of chicken breast served with bay leaves and dried chilli. The onion bhaji was good, but wasn't crispy as I like it. The nan bread was soft, and tasted ok. The pathia was an ok sauce, but not the same taste as I expected, not spicy or sour enough for my liking, but the chicken tikka was tender and tasty. The madras sauce was very spicy indeed. The food was served with mint yoghurt and a couple of above average salads and diced onions.

• Visited June 2012
3 Thank SukyB
“Very Nice.”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Well, first time that I have tried this one. I live in rugby and had a flyer come through the door. The menu has a great choice and some things on there that I have not heard of.
I ordered the the Garlic King Prawn starter, omg, it was a king prawn too. Very nice. never had it before. Then I went straight for the kill, Chicken Tikka Phaal, Staff advised me against it but I had it.
Had the garlic mushroom fried rice with Garlic naan bread also. yummy yummy.
i was also impressed with the delivery time. On a busy Friday Night my meal was on my table at home within 30 mins of ordering.
To put the icing on the cake, they gave me a voucher to keep, once i get 4 takeaway vouchers i get the fifth meal for free. Winner.
Well done Simla
I will return, maybe try your restaurant next time.

• Visited May 2012