“amazing!!!”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Rugby
Derby, United Kingdom
“amazing!!!”
Reviewed January 5, 2011

I stayed at Brownsover Hall with my wife. we travelled from Derbyshire to spend a relaxing weekend at a nice, country hotel. we were surprised when we got to Brownsover as the service we were provided there was over our expectations! My wife and I both come from hotel industry and every time we go out, there must be something that does not satisfy us, but at Brownsover we could not find that 'something'! we thought we did when the shower in our room did not seem to work (room 37) and we phoned reception to complain about it. the duty manager, Bianca arrived to our room within 5 minutes and had a look at it. she could not do much about it as the maintenance team was not there but this did not seem to be a problem for her. she genuinely apologised and moved us to another room straight awaym even helped us with the luggage. the service Bianca and her team provided in the Wineglass Restaurant could not be faulted!! we were given a 5 star treatment! also, the choice of wines on the wine list was great and we really enjoyed the wine we were recommended! to cut the long story short, we felt very welcome and definitely looking forward to going there again!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chris187048
gmbrownsover, General Manager at Brownsover Hall Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to give us such positive feedback during your recent stay at Brownsover Hall.
It really is great when we can meet and exceed customer expectations. Hopefully we will see you again in the near future. I will also pass on your comments to Bianca.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Reviewed November 6, 2010

I stayed at Brownsover Hall a few times and I always enjoyed my time there! Everything is absolutely lovely, especially the staff! I got to mention Phil and Bianca, they are always there for their guests and everything is possible for them, they're worth their weight in gold!I will Definitely go back!

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank nesta2868
gmbrownsover, General Manager at Brownsover Hall Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay at Brownsover.

It is great to hear such positive feedback and I will make sure I pass on your comments to Phil & Bianca

Hopefully we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back in the near future
ely, Cambs
Reviewed October 28, 2010

This is a really good hotel. We ate there on the first evening and the meal was of a high standard. The breakfast was also very good, as was the service at meal times. The room that we stayed in was spacious, clean, and well decorated. The main building is most impressive and the hotel is set in super grounds.
A few minor negatives: the shower in the room would not run hot and the toilet seat was very loose. Bar prices are rather high and service at the bar in the evening is, at best, intermittent (with the exception of one evening when the excellent 'Sue' manned the bar).
We stayed three nights and I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ApprenticeEly

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us at the hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed the food & service in our new Wineglass restaurant.

I will also pass on your comments to Sue for the service she provided.

We look forward to seeing you in the near future
Wirral
Reviewed October 14, 2010

My wife and I stayed here on Friday 8th October. I was travelling from Southend on Sea and my wife was travelling from our home in Wirral, both journeys take about 2 1/2 hours and we wanted to find a nice hotel where we could meet halfway and stay over.

The hotel looks the part, nice driveway, set back amongst some beautiful shrubs and trees and the house itself looks beautiful.

However...my wife arrived before me and found that there was a wedding on in the hotel. After travelling for 2 1/2 hours she couldn't even get a seat in the bar because it was packed with the wedding party. My wife went to the bar and then asked them if the wedding party would be going to another bar later on and the lady behind the bar said that there was only one bar and that the wedding guests would be using it as well.

We have nothing against the wedding party, after all, it is a great venue to have a wedding but for other guests it is a nightmare. My wife spoke to a duty manager who really couldn't have cared less if she tried.

Then a lady called Chanelle (we think) came to speak to us (I had arrived by then) and said that as we booked through laterooms, they should have mentioned something about a wedding being on. I explained that they didn't and also that I spoke to the hotel reception myself at 8.30am on the Friday morning to book the restaurant that night and that they didn't mention there was a wedding on either.
If we had known that we would have cancelled the booking as it was before 12 on the day of arrival but by the time we got there it was too late.

We were located in the stables area at the back of the hotel (which is very nice indeed) but our cold taps ran hot even after leaving them running so they must have a plumbing problem as well.

We got a taxi to a local mexican restaurant in Church Street (about 5 mins and lovely it was too) and both the taxi drivers on the way in and out said that the hotel is dead when there isn't a wedding on, so it does seem to cater specifically for the wedding crowd.

The saving grace was the lady in charge of the reception, Chanelle. She was courteous, polite and listened to us and then offered us a couple of free drinks in the bar (by this time we were sitting on a sofa under the stairs)
The problem is that the hotel caters specifically for the wedding market which is fine but they need to get another bar or put a room aside for the wedding party so that 'normal' guests can also relax in peace.

We would stay again but the hotel must inform all potential guests whether there is a wedding taking place or not and then let the guests decide themselves if they still wish to stay.

Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
gmbrownsover, General Manager at Brownsover Hall Hotel, responded to this review, November 24, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback during your stay.

I am glad that Charelle was able to help with your stay and that you appreciated her efforts to look after you.

We have wedding guests & non wedding guests staying at the hotel every weekend and both have equal access to the facilities of the hotel.

Hopefully we will get the chance to welcome you back to the hotel in the future
northampton
Reviewed October 8, 2010

We stayed here for a couple of nights after our wedding. I have to stay the reviews of this place were good, but it was even better than we expected.

The place itself is stunning- set in acres of woodland. You feel like you are miles from anywhere.

Tha accomodation was clean, cosy, spacious.

The food was out of this world. The breakfasts were good, but the evening meal was amazing. I cant remember the last time i had such tasty food.

The service throughout was very good- friendly and helpful.

And there is a beautiful walk through fields an along a river.

Overall i couldnt fault it 10 out of 10

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback

It’s great to hear the positive comments about our new Wine glass restaurant. I will also pass on your comments to the gardeners who put in great efforts to maintain the grounds at the hotel.

Look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Scotland
Reviewed September 30, 2010

Small restaurant didn't seem busy but had to wait 45 minutes for table.Left with menu for ten minutes,ordered cold starter which took another ten minutes to arrive and looked like an afterthought,main course not a great improvement.Didn't even consider dessert.Just totally ignored throughout the meal and very disappointing.Reception staff were welcoming and helpful,room large and spacious and hotel in nice secluded surroundings.Unfortunately good things about the hotel overshadowed by the dismal meal and service in the restaurant.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

I am glad you enjoyed the majority of your stay and I will pass on your comments reference the reception team.

It is also disappointing to hear your comments reference the restaurant. I assure you that this is not the normal standard.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2010

We stayed at the hotel on the weekend of our friends Civil Partnership ceremony. It was a great venue for the event. Close to the motorway yet out in the country. Great grounds, plenty of parking. Pleasant room, nice and warm, clean and well presented. Very friendly staff who were pleased to help. Enjoyed the Breakfast! plenty on offer and a great choice!
The bar prices were eye watering. Drinks were very expensive. At least I didn't wake up with a hang over........ I couldn't afford to!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rugby
Coombe Abbey Hotel
Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire
The Grosvenor Hotel
The Grosvenor Hotel
#11 of 13 in Rugby

Been to Brownsover Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!