“Great food and service”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We have eaten here many times and never had a bad meal the staff are helpful and friendly and it is good value for money

1  Thank Willie P

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Just returned from a meal in this restaurant, having gone there in a party of 20+. The menu is fairly small, with at a guess, ten starters and sixteen mains plus a specials board. In my opinion a restaurant with a small menu always serves better food and La Margherita did not disappoint in variety, quality, imagination and quantity. There was beef, pork, lamb, chicken, fish and vegetarian dishes all accompanied by different vegetables , herbs and sauces to enhance the experience. Servings were generous.
Service was great, everyone receiving their meals within a few minutes of one another and as I said we had more than twenty people in our party.
For the quality price was also very reasonable with mains from c. £ 8.00 -15.00
My only regret is that living in South Wales, it's not an establishment we can visit frequently but if you get the chance make sure you have a meal here

2  Thank BFGWales
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have eaten here many times and have enjoyed the experience every visit.
Great food and wine at sensible prices and always a very warm welcome and good service. Thoroughly recommended!

1  Thank Daveharrell
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've been to La Margherita a number of times over the last few months and Maria's devotion to food is both welcoming and exciting. Offering vegan options as standard - not to mention being more than happy to adapt other menu items accordingly - is a definite bonus as my partner is vegan. If I had to give one 'not quite so positive' comment, it would be that the restaurant has invariably been very quiet when we've been, which is a shame, as I think a little more atmosphere would really boost the overall experience on this level... Apart from that, the food is always well-cooked, tasty, hot and pleasantly served. The menu is fine, as is the wine list and the prices aren't bad at all for the quality of food served. (If you want cheap, freezer-to-microwave rubbish, there are a number of options elsewhere!) Keep up the good work,.. Hopefully we'll get there when it's approaching full and can then see how the staff cope with a full restaurant, which it definitely deserves to be!

1  Thank Nick W
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Service and food always very good and if you have any special diet needs they happily cater for you. Prices very reasonable as well so can't really fault it.

1  Thank janet w