“Surprised to read any negative reviews....”
Review of La Margherita

La Margherita
Ranked #121 of 193 Restaurants in Rugby
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Rugby, United Kingdom
“Surprised to read any negative reviews....”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've been to La Margherita a number of times over the last few months and Maria's devotion to food is both welcoming and exciting. Offering vegan options as standard - not to mention being more than happy to adapt other menu items accordingly - is a definite bonus as my partner is vegan. If I had to give one 'not quite so positive' comment, it would be that the restaurant has invariably been very quiet when we've been, which is a shame, as I think a little more atmosphere would really boost the overall experience on this level... Apart from that, the food is always well-cooked, tasty, hot and pleasantly served. The menu is fine, as is the wine list and the prices aren't bad at all for the quality of food served. (If you want cheap, freezer-to-microwave rubbish, there are a number of options elsewhere!) Keep up the good work,.. Hopefully we'll get there when it's approaching full and can then see how the staff cope with a full restaurant, which it definitely deserves to be!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Nick W

Rugby, United Kingdom
“No 2 in Rugby”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Service and food always very good and if you have any special diet needs they happily cater for you. Prices very reasonable as well so can't really fault it.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank janet w
Rugby
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great meal”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

The evening meal at La Margherita with my family who were visiting me was very good. The food was lovely and the service was great, I will certainly go back, it's definitely worth a try.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank David H
Rugby
“Excellent meal”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Been here a few times. Atmosphere good, service reasonable, but food is really good. Somehow the atmosphere and service aren't quite right, needs a bit more sparkle and more customer care, and they need to change the music. Price point is a little high, but never had a bad meal so really worth a visit.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Peter S
Somerset, United Kingdom
“Never again”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

This must be one of the worst Italian eateries I have had the misfortune to eat in. The service was slow and the food a disgrace to the Italians. I ordered a fillet steak which was cooked in oil that had previousley been burnt. The potatoes were cooked using the same oil which ruined the whole meal. The vegatables were uninspiring and cold. As I was driving I was drinking tonic water and the bottle size was the smallest I have ever had served to me, it was just enough to add to a gin and no more consequently It needed 3 to fill a normal tumbler. The chairs had seen better days and by the end of the meal I was aching all over. The decor is no better than any bus station cafe. The whole place lacked atmosphere. When asked If I enjoyed the meal I told the waitress the problems, her response was no more than a grunt with no apology. I was with guests and was very apologetic asthe venue was my suggestion and they had also not enjoyed their meal. I would not be suprised if the kitchen was no better than the standard of food and service. NEVER AGAIN !

• Visited December 2012