“Excellent meal”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Been here a few times. Atmosphere good, service reasonable, but food is really good. Somehow the atmosphere and service aren't quite right, needs a bit more sparkle and more customer care, and they need to change the music. Price point is a little high, but never had a bad meal so really worth a visit.

1  Thank Peter S

Reviewed January 16, 2013

This must be one of the worst Italian eateries I have had the misfortune to eat in. The service was slow and the food a disgrace to the Italians. I ordered a fillet steak which was cooked in oil that had previousley been burnt. The potatoes were cooked using the same oil which ruined the whole meal. The vegatables were uninspiring and cold. As I was driving I was drinking tonic water and the bottle size was the smallest I have ever had served to me, it was just enough to add to a gin and no more consequently It needed 3 to fill a normal tumbler. The chairs had seen better days and by the end of the meal I was aching all over. The decor is no better than any bus station cafe. The whole place lacked atmosphere. When asked If I enjoyed the meal I told the waitress the problems, her response was no more than a grunt with no apology. I was with guests and was very apologetic asthe venue was my suggestion and they had also not enjoyed their meal. I would not be suprised if the kitchen was no better than the standard of food and service. NEVER AGAIN !

1  Thank rob2222187309
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Whatever you order, you will not be disappointed. Sometimes I'm not sure if the combination will appeal but it invariably is excellent. These people really know what they are doing!
Fresh ingredients and superbly-cooked food. Imaginative menus and great wine!
If you are a 'foodie', try it!

1  Thank janelovell128
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Fabuous food, Fabulous service, have eaten here on many occassions, just love it and would recommend to all

1  Thank JenniferJayne
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We went with friends who frequently use the restaurant. We received a warm welcome and were given the option of drinking at the bar or going straight to our table. The restaurant was much larger than it looked from the outside but it managed an intimate atmosphere despite being very busy. Tables were not close together. The menu was supplemented by a specials board. The wine list is very good and reasonably priced. The bread with flavoured oils was an excellent introduction to the place as we decided what to have. We all enjoyed our starters the scallops being particularly good. I particularly enjoyed the lamb tagine and couscous, the couscous being spot on. My wife was also very complementary about her chicken dish. The deserts were fine but less memorable. The service was very good, attentive, efficient and friendly. With main courses between nine and fourteen pounds it is very good value for what you get and the standard of cooking. The owner came over to see us and asked about our meals and whether we had enjoyed them. All in all a great night out and some where we look forward to returning to.

1  Thank TRGSharnford