“Friendly”

The Rugby Hotel
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Rugby
“Friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

I liked it ! The receptionist is so kind, the room is tidy and warm. If you have a long day , you can refresh and sleep in a good enviroment. There are lot of possibilities in the near .
Very good, I can recommend to everyone :)

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

Was struggling to find a room last minute in the Rugby area - found this hotel on the web. It is located on a pedestrian High Street, so I had to park in the 24 hour ASDA behind the hotel (was a short walk). I arrived late after a long journey - the staff were very welcoming. It was a work trip and I had paid more for a room with a work area and I also requested a bath. I had to carry my suitcase up quite a few stairs (there was an offer of help, but it was quite light) - no lift. When I entered the room (on a cold Feb night), the cold air hit me immediately (a window had been left open!!). The radiator was freezing - I saw that there was a heater, that was plugged in - but absolutely no heat was coming from it. I rang down and they kindly brought me up a new heater......I'm sure this broke all sorts of H&S regs?! The TV was tiny and the "workspace" was about 60cm by 60cm and all the space was taken up with the kettle and Info book! I did get the requested Bath, but the Bathroom was so cold I didn't bother. Lots of drinks available and biscuits. Shower not very powerful in am and very cold. The staff were so nice - I did get money off when I politely told the truth when asked how my stay was. No time for breakfast - downstairs looked lovely - very modern. Not a great trip if I'm honest, but the brilliant customer service made up for the cold!! Bed was comfy and room was clean.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

I have been stopping at this hotel for about 7 weeks now on and off due to work commitments in the area. I can positively say it has been a very pleasant time, all the staff are very helpful and friendly, the breakfasts are a very nice standard with plenty of choice, and my morning chats with Nigel after breakfast putting the world to rights are always good for a laugh.
The rooms are of a good standard but the heating is a bit hit and miss but there has always been a fan heater in my rooms to keep it warm, the beds are very comfy and always had a great nights sleep. I do agree with some of the other reviews about the showers though depending on which room you get the showers can be a very low pressure but others are great. The free Wifi is very temperamental but apparently this matter is being looked into as the signal has a tendency to keep dropping off ( bit annoying when you are trying to watch sky go on my laptop). These are a few minor problems but it does not stop me from re-booking week to week as the rest of the service is TOP NOTCH. :-) The location is great if as I am you are there for the week you are in the centre of Rugby town with all the restaurants and bars.

Room Tip: 1st Floor Rooms seem to have better shower pressure and more stable Wifi signal.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

We held a team meeting in the hotel for about 20 people. Rooms were adequate although the showers were not great. Breakfast is straightforward and nothing fancy but hit the mark. The lunch menu was excellent - the burgers particularly good. Bar stayed open late which is always a positive.

For a work event, the hotel ticked all the correct boxes and I am sure we will hold another there at some stage.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Clevedon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

Me and a work college stayed at The Rugby Hotel for 7 weeks during November and December 2013.All the hotel staff were helpful, cheerful and efficient. They even kept our push bikes there during our stay. We were starting work at 6 each morning to which the night porter would have a bacon or sausage sandwich waiting for us before we left. The food in the hotel is outstanding and the bar is well stocked with quality beers, ciders etc. The Hotel is excellently located close to shops, restaurants and Bars. The rooms do not carry all the ‘mod cons’ of newer hotels but the hotel was built in the 17 century. Overall the Hotel and the staff make us feel very welcome during our stay, 'a home from home'. If we have to return to the area, we would have no hesitation in staying here again.

Room Tip: Rooms at rear of hotel are quieter
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

My self and my husband stayed here in December as a Christmas present to ourselves, after reading the reviews on here we were a little apprehensive, however we needn't have worried as we received nothing but good service. When we arrived we was told they were having a problem with the heating, our room was cold but we wasn't going to let that spoil our time there. We ate in the restaurant and although we could see the staff were a little stretched, they were very pleasant to us, we did have to wait a while for our food, however it was a particularly busy evening! We enjoyed our stay here and would stay again, I just hope the heating is working next time : ).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Ulricehamn, Sweden
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

Checking in the receptionist was very pleasant. The room was ABSOLUTELY freezing!! No heating whatsoever in December!! The radiator was broken. We asked to have a look at another room and was given a room with NO heating but with the use of a convector until the radiator in this room was fixed. There was a stone floor in the bathroom with NO heating! We rushed off to finish things for my partners 50th birthday celebration that evening. I returned to inquire about the heating and was told it was fixed. I asked for a bottle to be taken up to our room and ordered breakfast for the morning. We returned to the hotel at 4.30 am to find the heating was not fixed and impossible to use the unheated bathroom obviously affected by below zero temps outside. The convector was noisy and l didn't sleep a wink. The breakfast was not up to standard and had been left under a grill or hotplate to keep warm, we couldn't eat it! We returned the unopened bottle of wine without charge and on checkout we did not pay for the breakfasts.
We did not get a discount on the room. Not at all the same standard of hotel l once applied for a position at!

Room Tip: We had a room facing an alley which was quiet but the lack of heating made the stay impossible to sl...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lyzette2013

Travelers are raving about these Rugby hotels