“Very nice”
Review of Dilruba Restaurant

Dilruba Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 237 Restaurants in Rugby
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Real home style Indian cooking - Our Menu has been created to demonstrate the range of exciting flavours and ideas that can be found in Indian cooking without compromising on quality & freshness.
Reviewed December 12, 2018

Went here for the first time after using a different takeaway for many years.
Food is very good and plenty of it.
Delivery is quick would recommend the butter chicken.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed November 22, 2018

really enjoyed the main dish which was one of their specials. Thought the side dish and Nans weren't up to much but all round thumbs up. The waiting staff were rather surly, just because they were busy wasn't our fault which

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank Martin D
Reviewed October 6, 2018

Our first time visiting this restaurant, lots of tables but not overcrowded. Were offered poppadums and drinks as soon as we were settled which arrived only minutes later, no rush to choose our food and happy to explain the dishes. Empty plates and glasses were collected quickly and our mains turned up in good time after this. The food was delicious and exactly as described on the menu, my partner usually goes for the most hot curry but was more than happy with something less hot put with more flavour, I had the butter chicken which was a new edition to the menu and was lovely. A brilliant meal out and will definitely be re-visiting in the future.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

We thought we would take advantage of 3 course takeaway offer for what sounded like a very reasonable £9.95.
We ordered a medium chicken curry. Lamb tikka starter. Fried rice and paid an extra £2.15 for a naan. This also came with a poppadom.
When we got the food home I realised the naan bread was missing out of the bag so I called them back and the man was very apologetic and said could I come back and pick it up. With no offer of compensation I wasn't very happy as we had already drove to the other side of town to collect it.
When we finally sat down to eat after picking up the naan the food was rubbish
The lamb tikka starter was grey in colour and had no flavour. Usually lamb tikka from an Indian takeaway is cooked in a tandoor and is so tasty and pink or red. This had clearly been flash fried in a pan. It was sat in a pile of brown soggy lettuce.
The rice was brown and so greasy it was shiny.
The curry had no spice or flavour apart from salt and we were given lamb instead of the chicken curry we ordered.
The naan was no bigger thanks a small tortilla wrap and was pale ,soggy and flavourless.
The yogurt and mint sauce was more like milk with green dots in.
The only good thing about this takeaway was the poppadom that was lovely.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank d0gsbreath
Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

I often visit this restaurant with my wife. We usually both have the spicy madras but I recently tried the Dilruba juicy gosht and my gosh, it’s delicious. Delicious and spicy! The service here is very good and much better than a few years ago.

Date of visit: September 2018