Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Nuneaton
Ranked #122 of 163 Restaurants in Nuneaton
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Bin to one you,ve been to them all, this one the food service was slow, other than that i cannot tell the differance

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We've eaten here quite a lot, more out of habit than anything. Quite diverse menu, which suits us both, me a vegetarian and my husband a meat lover. We normally order from one of the specials menus, mainly because the full menu is over priced for what you get. The wait staff seem more competent than the managers; who, on more than one occasion, looked scruffy, seemed uninterested and were rude. This is the only F&Bs we've had to send a dish back. It's such a shame because we've had some greats nights here (despite the extremely loud music), I feel with a bit of straightening out in the management department, and bottomless drinks all day, not just at lunch time, this could be a 'must go' restaurant.

1  Thank Sharon C
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We have just got back from Frankie and Benny's at Nuneaton. We fancied a change, so thought we would head in on our way home instead of choosing the normal Sunday afternoon carvery option.
First of all the greeting was friendly and welcoming, we were shown to a table and given menus plus two kids packs for the children (they are 6 and 3), which had colouring, a little game and an activity book with one pencil)
Then we waited around 25 minutes for someone to take our drinks order, then another 10 mins for the drinks (1 bottled beer, 1 diet coke, 1 regular coke and one apple juice) and someone to take our food order.
We had garlic cheese mushrooms (came served on toasted ciabatta, very nice), Amazing skins with cheddar and bacon (not that amazing and very potatoey) and breadsticks with garlic butter (very nice) to start.
Then we had spaghetti and meatballs (tasty, good size portion), philly steak bake (tasty, but not enough steak) and two children's chinese chicken wraps (great for the kids to do their own, good sized portion)
The kids got a free pudding with their meal, they had Hot Chocolate pancake, which was finished, so must have been good!!
The kids drinks were "bottomless" which I thought was good.
In total our bill was £65, which was a bit more than I think the food was worth.
The service was quite slow and we ended up being in there 2 hours.
The music is great, but far too loud - It's a restaurant, you're their to eat food and chat ... for certain songs it was hard to hear each other.

The staff were friendly and the restaurant and toilets were clean.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Visited Saturday night. Restaurant was busy so service was a little slow, but as always whole experience was enjoyable. Food was very good. Very nice place to eat before catching a movie.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

I visit this restaurant on a regular basis as it is handy and when the food is good it is lovely. However, everytime I have been lately the food has had to be sent back due to it being cold. There are never enough staff to wait on the tables hence the food being left for sometimes up to 15 minutes under the heat lamps which is simply not acceptable bearing in mind the price of the food. I have complained directly to head office and I received a voucher from them and also a letter from the Nuneaton restaurant with another voucher, so decided to use it this week. The food was great and hot, but the table behind me complained as they did not get the correct order and this meant that they took one meal away only to return it after the others had finished! I agree with the previous reviewer go to the Fort in Birmingham the service and food there is second to none. I don't know if the food was hot as they knew I had complained, but after the meal the manager took my payment and did not even ask if everything was fine, in fact he did not even say thank you when I paid.

Travelers who viewed Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Nuneaton also viewed

Birmingham, West Midlands
Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands

Been to Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Nuneaton? Share your experiences!