“Something for Everyone”

Hoar Park Craft Village & Children's Farm
Ranked #2 of 25 things to do in Nuneaton
More attraction details
Owner description: Set in the beautiful North Warwickshire countryside, Hoar Park Farm dates back to the 1430's, with existing buildings dating back to 1730. These traditional farm buildings form the centre of the craft village. As well as being a craft, antique, garden centre and children's farm, Hoar Park remains a working farm covering some 143 acres.
Coventry
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Something for Everyone”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

A wide selection of small craft shops for that special gift along with many domestic animals for the children to pet all in a delightful farm setting.

Visited May 2012

Coventry, England, United Kingdom
“afternoon out with friends”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I recently fancied visiting Hoar Park as a birthday treat for my neighbour. It looks quite small from the outside and I felt we would be over and done with in an hour. However, its actually like a tardis and we spent 3 hours looking around the shops and antique centre and had a lovely lunch in the restaurant. Everybody was so friendly and chatty and the shy young lady who was in the restaurant, was very prompt in serving us and very obliging. The overall place needs a bit of TLC , especially the garden centre and animal housing, but in the present recession there is less money to spare, so please visit this endearing Park and lets hope it can do the necessary updates to compete with other parks in the area, I'll definitely be doing some Christmas shopping there followed by a Christmas treat in the restaurant, the carrot cake and cream teas are a MUST!

Visited October 2012
United Kingdom
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Lovely afternoon out”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Been here twice now and loved it both times. It's such fun to go around and feed the animals, and you can have lovely food over in the cafe and also have a little shop. I also noticed there was an auction going on the last time we went which we sat in for a bit and that was a whole new experience for us.

Visited October 2012
UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Cafe”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

This review is specifically about the Cafe. We went recently on a Saturday about 2pm. The Cafe was not particularly busy but as I joined the queue a few people were complaining that they had been waiting for over an hour for their lunch. I could hear the so called chef barking orders to the poor waitresses as I paid well over £20 for 2 jacket spuds and 2 paninis.
We went outside to enjoy the sun and found a table adjacent to the scruffy car park. The lovely view to the farm and woods, was clouded by cigarette smoke from the other patrons who had taken up the habit after losing the will to live from their equally long wait for some form of sustenance. After about an hour, the waitress with a couple of shriveled spuds finally arrived, (the potatoes weren't up to much either.) A sprig of lettuce and a slice of onion finished the dish.
I took a look at the done to a crisp paninis with their unmelted cheese and wafer thin ham and was impressed at the Chef consistency at producing such terrible food in such a long space of time.
After our hearty lunch we headed off to the animal farm where, in order to improve things, I borrowed a gun from the farmer and shot myself in the head.

Visited September 2012
7 Thank getmeoutofhereplease
“Great value kids loved the park !!”
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

We have just returned from a weekend camping our first time with our 4 year old twins ! We all had a great time cold the first night but great weather! We booked with a groupon voucher £ 22 including a full cooked breakfast both mornings drinks and toast ! A cooked breakfast in the restaurant we ate in was £5.95 I will let you do the maths. Yes there were portaloos but these are to stop you having to walk to the main toilets in the middle of the night! There is no shower block they don't hide this fact so I don't think you can complain about this fact. I am not buying into the last report about the night fishing people ? Really ? Should they not resell the pitch ?
Fishing looked good and I saw people catching fish regularly we did not go to the petting farm but this looked fine and was busy!
Fantastic value for money i dont think you could get a field on a farm for that price! we had a great time will return here and to camping!