All reviews great carvery off the menu clean bathroom roast potatoes piping hot saturday night excellent value for money salmon andrea iron
Selected filters
Reviewed March 24, 2019 via mobile

I get around a number of hotels each year, as my reviews show. They're unfailingly in the 'budget' category, mostly in the UK but a few European entries too. However I'm confident that, across all of those places, the Longshoot was by some considerable margin the worst dump I've ever had the misfortune to lay my head. We booked online so didn't see, but just pulling up at this hovel should be enough for anyone to realise they need to drive straight out again. Peeling paint everywhere, dingy looking grottiness, dirty windows. Opening our door was a revelation though, lampshade hanging off the fixture, dirty looking beds, TV hanging loose on wall bracket. Bathroom was worse, hair in sink, massive amounts of rust on the ceiling light fixture.
Breakfast was awful, so bad I hardly touched it and just settled for cereal. A genuinely shocking place

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
LongshootPubCarvery, Manager at Longshoot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2019

Hi,

Thank you for your review. This page is for the pub but I will pass these comments over to the hotel team. we are getting looked into for refurbishment so hopefully the first impression will improve. With regards to the cleanliness and maintenance I will address these issues immediately.

Reviewed March 20, 2019 via mobile

Went here in January very busy, quite a wait. But in fairness seven of us, it was worth it, drinks a bit pricey but the food ticked all the right boxes, go early if it is a Sunday or pick a quieter time, would recommend and would go again, but make allowances if it is really busy and it is for a reason, it is very good

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2019 via mobile

The bathroom does not have any air vents or fans, there is an electric fan on the wall but does not work, the window which did not open in the bathroom had a crack? The tiles really do need replacing as the grout is black mould in parts which is off putting, although the bedroom was clean, new nets at the window would be nice, as ours was grey and had burns in them. There were nice white duvet covers and sheets on the beds, but it is the bathroom that really lets the room down. Lots of hot water for the shower, but just don’t look at the black on the grout! A bonus was the heated towel rail. The breakfast was ok, not much choice if you wanted a continental one, which I had.
It is a few years since we last stayed here and we really thought it might have been upgraded, but sadly not! Our room was up the stairway which had a lot of litter on the walkway. This could be a nice little hotel if some money was spent on it to upgrade it.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2019 via mobile

I stayed at the longshoot hotel for 3 nights with my 10 month old daughter, when I checked into the hotel there was clumps of hair on the bedroom floor which I had to pick up myself because my daughter is crawling, I then unpacked our things and went to meet family, that night me and my daughter were up all night sneezing and coughing, on further investigation I realised the room was disgustingly dusty (see pictures) I complained to the reception in the morning they said they would clean it however all the staff appeared to do was Hoover the room. This hotel is extremely run down and not ever cleaned thouroughly I will not be using this place again!

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 12, 2019

This hotel is best suited for the workers in big vans, its has all the basics and with the pub and carvery next door it fills all the needs. Local supermarket only 2 mins walk away (over the main road). Showers and water hot and the rooms are warm, bed are good also. Could do with a freshen up on the décor side. Parking is very good with room for large vehicles.

Room tip: book early as it is full during the week days
Date of stay: February 2019