“Solid hotel with great sound and shock insulation” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Nuneaton

Holiday Inn Express Nuneaton
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Nuneaton
South Cockerington, Lincolnshire
“Solid hotel with great sound and shock insulation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

When ever I am in need of a hotel room on location, it is not for leisure purposes, but instead purely for business. Being long and hard work, I appreciate the haven of a hotel which is built with proper brick and mortar. Many pubs, houses or manors converted into hotels suffer from an element of creakiness, squeakiness, and general leakage, of sound. These modern cookie-cutter hotels are built specifically from the word go to be sturdy, unmovable, and above all, neat, and it really shows. I hear nothing of the people next door, upstairs, downstairs, etc, and I can stay in confidence that they'll not be bothered by any activity of my own. Nothing worse than being all too aware of those around you when all you need is isolation, right?

Being a man on the go, using hotels only for a place to bed down, I rarely find a chance to use many of the extra facilities or services on offer, therefore I have rated them neutral, but that's just the way I operate - get in, bed down, get out with a spring in my step after a rejuvenating bunk-up. I don't even use the bar either, in fact, the less I see of the hotel staff and the less they see of me, the better, so it's nice that you can just go on up to your room without walking past 3 reception desks and a restaurant, distracting everyone else as I briskly walk on by, usually behind schedule.

The rooms are neat and tidy, with the hard work put in by the cleaners after each visitor is evident, or rather not evident, given every trace of prior habitation has been straightened and mopped. You'd never guess anyone had been in there the morning before - much appreciated, and I don't have to fret too much about the people after me. Even the beds are built like a brick outhouse, which is good for anyone who is quite an animated sleeper.

Overall a well-built hotel which is built of tougher stuff. It's everything you need of a good night. A+

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
gm2_10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nuneaton, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Guest

Your review is very much appreciated. I do hope that travellers of the same cause take note of your comments and can also enjoy a stay with us.
Our housekeeping team do a fantastic job and i am glad to hear that your room was clean and comfortable.

I do hope that you choose to stay with us again should you be working this way.

Mileta Hartland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Cardiff
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stay and many Holiday Inn hotels and we found this one to be average. A nice modern hotel, rooms very clean, breakfast good and staff reasonably attentive. No major problems although could do better to keep up with standards found at other Holiday Inn hotels.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for your review.
We are still fairly new to the IHG brand, however we strive to adhere to the Holiday Inn Express brand standards, we are an Express hotel and would therefore like to put forward that we do not offer all aspects of a full service Holiday Inn.
I do hope you return to the hotel as we are constantly checking the maintenance of our hotel and currently updating all of our shower rooms, and condition of public area carpets.
October 2010 we invested in a new brand and like to invest in our guests.

Pembrokeshire, uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

Holiday Inn Express, Nuneaton.
My family, a friend and I have just spent three fantastic nights at this branch of Holiday Inn Express...in fact, we stayed an extra night as we felt so welcome and refreshed.
All the staff were fantastic but two people stood out. The first was a lovely Scottish lady who was in charge of the breakfasts...she welcomed us and helped with the six children we had in tow...nothing was too much trouble. The next person as an absolute star! His name is Graham (apologies for not knowing his surmname) and he made our trip really special...in fact, the children bought him and the Scottish lady a box of chocolates to say thank you. Extra towels and pillows appeared via Graham, without being asked for, advice on where to go, how to get there, as well as information on the best deals around was volunteered. His warm smile and ability to know what was needed before we asked for it was uncanny. I highly reccommed this hotel and will be staying there again on our next trip to the Midlands. Thank you everyone!

Room Tip: Speak to Graham!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your fantastic words of praise.
It makes me so happy to read that we have impacted so much on a guest stay that you would want to extend and stay with us longer.

Graham and Pauline thank you for your kinds words and their service has been recognised.
Brilliant comments and we do hope to see you with us again in the future.

Kindest Regards
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Just stayed one night at this Holiday Inn Express. Whilst the room was clean and comfortable I still wouldn't rate this hotel above a basic average. The fascilities were much as you would expect with this kind of chain hotel with identikit decor and miles of corridors. The breakfast however was terrible. The cooked option consisted of pale scrambled egg, baked beans and some particularly processed poor quality sausages. There was no bacon or any other cooked options. Everything run out at some point and although it was eventually replaced it was very slow. I skipped the cooked option and went for some croissants and fruit/yogurt but neither were high quality. All in all ok for one night but I wouldn't want to be there any longer.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
gm2_10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nuneaton, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear Guest

I thankyou for your honest review. I would like to request off you some reccommendations perhaps on what you would have preferred during your stay to take us out of the "average class" and perhaps have made your stay more enjoyable, as we take all our guests feedback very seriously.

Unfortunately as an "Express" brand we are budget service and in line with IHG standards we can not offer any other hot items apart from the sausage, scrambled eggs and beans. I can however look into the quality of product that we are supplying and ensure that we are only offering the best of options.

I look forward to your response

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Nuneaton a few days ago. It was the first time I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express. We have used Travelodge and Premier Inn's a lot. Feel travelodge is a bit of a lottery and premier inn a bit more expensive, so though we'd give HI express ago.

I was a little concerned with the mixed reviews on the review sites but was pleasantly surprised, on check in the gent on the front desk was very helpful and polite. Our room was directly above the entrance on the 1st Floor and we had the room next door as well (201 & 203). Our first impressions was very nice. Was clean, size was what was expected. A little small but nothing we couldn't cope with.

The bed was comfortable and there was a choice of soft or firm pillows. The sofa bed was adequate for my 9 and 7 year old to share. The bathroom was very good. The shower was very powerful with a good temperature range. There was only a limited amount of toilet roll and the soap had run out. As we passed reception we asked for some more and the lady gave us some more and was very apologetic that this hadn't been refilled during the clean.

The only negative was the room temperature. The room was very hot and as we were above the main door we couldn't leave the window open due to people smoking out the front. This wasn't the end of the world it is the middle of summer and was a warm day.

Breakfast was good, it's free/included so why complain. Ok it's not a full English but sausage, scrambled egg and beans is enough to keep you going. Along with a couple of pastries, cereals, fruit and yoghurts. If you want a full fryup the beefeater over the road does them for £8.50!

Overall I'd stay here or another Holiday Inn Express again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Neil W
gm2_10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nuneaton, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your review and your comments will be taken on board.
I am happy that you were pleasantly surprised with the hotel, and to hear our team were polite and helpful during your stay.

Our rooms are very important to us and we push for clean comfortable rooms but i would like to apologise that there was not enough toilet roll and the soap had ran out. This has been put forward to the housekeeping team to check thoroughly upon cleaning the rooms.

Please note for any future stays with us at Nuneaton we do offer fans for hire available from the reception just to make summer stays slightly more comfortable.

Hamilton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in July. Rooms were really clean and our room was a good price. We were overcharged for the room and I called to query this when I noticed this and was sorted out quickly and easily. We got 2 nights for the price of 1 so only paid £55 for 2 nights so felt this was good value. Room was extremely warm on the first night, but we left our window open all day the next day, so although the second night was still slightly warm, it wasn't uncomfortable. Breakfast was adequate, but hot food was slightly cold, continental items are probably a better choice. Good location just next to a few restaurants, ciniema and bowling.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
gm2_10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nuneaton, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Trip advisor.
I am very glad to hear that you found your stay value for money and at a good price.
There are some good promotion rates out there at present for two nights for the price of one and 21 day saver rates etc so it is always best to search for the best deal.
I am happy that your room was adequate and clean. This message has been passed onto our housekeeping team.
I do apologise for the billing mistake you mention but anything that is noticed and bought to our attention we will rectify as quickly as possible so you can you enjoy your stay.
If you are to stay with us again in July or another hot period please note we do have a limited number of fans available from Reception for hire that can be placed in your rooms.

We hope to see you with us again

Kettering, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here as a family of four for one night in July 2012, wasn't overly impressed.
The location is good, on a park with an Odeon, bowling, pub, Frankie & bennies etc and there is plenty of parking.
I've not stayed at a holiday inn express before, only holiday inns. I was disappointed by the room size, it was tiny. My booking said double bed & double sofa bed but the bed my two boys had to share wax not a double size, it was very small. Our bed was also a little lumpy and dipped in the middle.
Breakfast was included but was nothing special, very limited choice and I'm not sure how fresh the cooked items were so gave that a miss.
Overall it served a purpose in that we wanted to be reasonably close to the Ricoh stadium. However i wouldn't say it was very good value. The holiday inn rugby we had stayed at the night before was half the price and much much nicer.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
gm2_10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nuneaton, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear guest

I would like to thank you for leaving a review and for your honest opinions.
I am very disappointed and sorry to hear that we did not "stand out" for you on this stay.

To differentiate between the Express and the Holiday Inn Brands we are a smaller, limited and more speedier hotel with the idea that you receive the same service and similar but limited products as you would at a Holiday Inn.

We are located 5 minutes from the M6 J3 with easy access to the Ricoh Arena. As pointed out there is a bowling alley, cinema and number of restaurants on the park in which we are situated.

I apologise that you feel the room was not quite big enough for your family, i would like to let you know for any future stays you may be looking at in this area that we do also offer interconnecting family rooms, which are available on the brand website and booking direct with us at the hotel. This consists of a double bedrooms with shower, tv, tea and coffee and one double bed, with an adjoining door to a twin rooms with exactly the same but two single beds, these are probably more suitable for those families with slightly older children and also gives you the opportunity to have the room closed or open.

I would like to assure you that all of our breakfast items are fresh and prepared on the same morning of breakfast. No items are reused or kept and they are constantly replenished with fresh items throughout the breakfast sitting so none of the items are left there sitting.

I would feel pleased to know that you would give us another try in the future and if so please dont hesitate to ask the team for assistance of any kind.

Mileta Hartland
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nuneaton
Premier Inn Nuneaton/Coventry Hotel
Longshoot Hotel
Longshoot Hotel
#11 of 12 in Nuneaton
Sketchley Grange Hotel & Spa

Been to Holiday Inn Express Nuneaton? Share your experiences!