“O dear, o dear”

Bosworth Water Park
Ranked #2 of 21 things to do in Nuneaton
More attraction details
Owner description: Bosworth Water Trust is a 50 acre Leisure Park with 20 acres of lakes for dinghy sailing, windsurfing,kayaking and fishing.We have a large range of equipment available to hire including rowing boats, canoes and pedalos.We also have an award winning caravan and camping facilities adjacent to the main lake and beach area. We have a mixture of grass and hardstanding pitches available.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“O dear, o dear”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Maybe I came on an off day but after I paid £3 to enter via a barrier and after that it all went down hill. The restaurant was a hut with a conservatory. Most of the menu was off so I settled for a tuna baguette. Unfortunately they run out of baguettes and I had two small baps on a plate, no salad, no crisps, just two small baps at £2.50p I felt a little hard done by. I also had a cappuccino which was watery. The view of the lake was ok but the serenity was lost as the music from the cafe was loud and far from relaxing. Unless things dramatically change I doubt I will visit again.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank Rob H
Bosworth W, General Manager at Bosworth Water Park, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Many thanks for sharing your experience with us,

I am sorry for the negative experience you had during your visit. I will pass on your comments to the cafe manager. For the time of year we should have had a full menu available and the coffee should always be fantastic.

I do hope that you choose to visit us again as your experience is not typical, once again my sincere apologies for the issues you encountered.

• Polish first
Kenilworth, United Kingdom
170 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 202 helpful votes
“Fun day out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

We had a great day here at the beginning of September, when the weather was still nice. We hired a pedalo and toured round the lake for an hour. The kids loved the man made beach, and happily swam in the sandy, cool water. There was a shower available for use which was nice. The kids enjoyed the pirate ship play area and feeding the ducks and fish in the lake. All good, simple fun. There are lots of other water sports available and you can book lessons too. It only cost a few pounds for the parking which made it great value, and the water sports, boats etc can be booked for additional cost if you wish. The camping area was close by, with their own shower/ toilet block, and somewhere I would consider staying when the weather is nice again. I found all the staff very friendly and helpful too, so no complaints from me overall.....

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Debbiedoodle1

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

I go camping here and I enjoy going to spend time relaxing. Time to time I go and sit, have a coffee and overlook the lake. it's very relaxing and they have improved it this year. Going camping there next weekend. Let's hope the weather on our side :)

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Lynith75
Many thanks for sharing your experience with us,

It’s so nice to read positive comments, it means allot to take your time and leave positive feedback and we thank you for this. We are so proud that you have noticed the improvements we are making and we assure you there are loads more to come!

We are also hoping for great weather!

We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“camping not recommended”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

we have been camping here now for many years, mainly because it is local to us. The site itself is lovely and ideal as a camping site when not overcrowded. In general the grounds are kept clean and well maintained. The pirate ship for kids is fab and we could not fault this. On our last visit in June we arrived on the saturday it was very busy as we'd expected and we were given the last pitch available. Nice large pitch, enough room for our car and large tent, though it was away from the electric supply but we were lent an extension lead from a friendly reception guy so full marks for this. It did seem every other tent had 2-3 cars to it which caused people serious problems when trying to get in and out of their pitches. Luckily by the monday afternoon most people were packing up and the problem disappeared as people went home. It should be one car to each pitch and there should be an overflow car park for any extra cars. Seen this on other sites and works perfectly well. My other complaint would be the shower/toilet facilities. For campers there is a seperate block which you needed a code to access so this prevents day trippers using them. (the toilets for day visitors are dirty and full of sand) In the campers toilets there is only 3 showers and 4 toilets in the ladies and often we had to use the day visitors toilets which were disgusting and full of sand from the man made beach. In my opinion 3 showers is not enough for the hundreds of campers at weekends. During our WEEK there not once were the toilets/showers cleaned(we checked each day by the rubbish on the floors and no toilet roll each day) It got to the point of disgusting and we refused to take a shower because of this. The bin in the toilet was not empited once and empty shampoo/ shower bottles lay on the floor all week. There was a mop and bucket for campers to use but the mop was falling to bits and water in the bucket was dirtier than the floors so this was pointless. Bosworth used to be my first choice of camping but now i'm afraid its at the bottom of my list. Its a shame because i used to love it and the staff in the shops/reception there do a brilliant job and are always polite and helpful.
Come on Bosworth get your act together and entice us old regulars back. Invest a bit of the money you make into updating your toilet/shower facilities and employ some cleaners. Clean showers and toilets with toilet rolls is not too much to ask. How about putting a phone number on the back of the toilet so us campers can report back when the toilets/showers are dirty. It works it other places.

I can recommend eye kettleby lakes near melton mowbary, though it is adults only and i do appreicate that most campers at bosworth have children

Visited June 2013
1 Thank vicky0110
Many thanks for sharing your experience with us,

We are pleased that on the whole you enjoyed our park and facilities.

I am surprised at the comments regarding the toilet facilities, we are fully aware that in our peak times the current toilet and shower facilities are unable to cope and we are hoping to add more for this coming season.

Cleanliness should not be an issue, they do get dirty between cleans but we have a full time cleaner and a night shift that cleans as well in the peak season, I am to be honest shocked that you say for the whole week they were not cleaned. With the amount of residents on our site in June they would need cleaning 3 times a day at the least, if they had of been left for more than 24 hours we would have had a deluge of complaints in the office.

Once again I do apologise and we hope that the investments we are making to add additional facilities will rectify the problems.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“4 nights camping”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed here july on the campsite and had a great time. The site has a nice campsite with washing up facilities and electric hookup. Toilets and showers, a massive lake, man made beach, shop, bar a masisve park and i caught my first big fish in that lake :) had a great time will deffo go back next year

Visited July 2013
Many thanks for sharing your experience with us,

We are pleased that you enjoyed your time with us, good luck with the fishing!