“nothing to write home about”

Anthony`s Cafe Bistro
Ranked #1 of 162 Restaurants in Nuneaton
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2013

felt like I was an un-needed customer when the waiter asked if they could sit another couple on my table as they were short of tables, left for a weird uncomfortable dining experience, my toasted sandwich was soo thick in bread but with little cheese inside, wont be back I am afraid.

5  Thank HONESTEYISMYPOLICY

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We had heard a lot about Anthony's in the evening and failed to secure a table a few times before getting a table for a birthday meal some 6 weeks in advance. Book early! The restaurant is small, downstairs only seats about 10, upstairs has a small room at the back and a slightly larger one at the front with 3/4 tables in it. The menu choice is not terribly large but still offers a good variety. Drinks prices are reasonable and includes a small but reasonable wine list. All our starters were generously proportioned, presented nicely and tasted great, the chicken caesar salad was a nice twist on an old favourite. The main courses followed the same pattern, well flavoured, freshly cooked and generous portions. The stuffed chicken was succulent with chunky flavoursome stuffing and tasty sauce. The spanakopita was large and well stuffed with lovely flavours. The monkfish was cooked perfectly. We were pretty full after all that but pushed ourselves onto dessert so we could see the full extent of their repertoire. We had The Hokey Pokey ice cream, Lemon Semifreddo and chocolate panacotta, all were extremely good. The only slight downside was the service which could rather generously describe as 'relaxed', but slow would be more accurate although it was very friendly. The price for 2 or 3 courses is reasonable for the quality of food. Overall Anthony's is a very welcome addition to the dining options in Nuneaton,

1  Thank nuneatonmark
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We had the pleasure of having them as our caterers for our wedding day reception. The food was out of this world, couldn't wished for better food..We have also been to the bistro, the atmosphere and food are fantastic....It being a family business brings that certain happy atmosphere...would recommend to anyone to go their for a meal...

1  Thank Phillips76
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Visited for my wifes birthday........lucky to drop on a last minute cancellation. Three excellent courses of food........especially liked the salmon fishcake starters and monk fish with curried mussels main. I guess the chocolate panacotta dessert my wife had was also very good as I never got offered a taste and it dissappeared in double quick time! Cheese board selection and portions were good but it would have benefited from a little fruit (grapes/apple). The atomosphere is very friendly and the service was good and very attentive..........especially liked having the table for the whole evening and not being rushed. Only point for improvement I would suggest is expanding the wine list selection...........although I am led to believe that if you have a particular wine preference the restaurant will source for you pending adequate notice. Good value for money and nice to have a quality food option available in the Nuneaton area at reasonable prices........will definitely be visiting again. Word of caution book well in advance for the evenings as the restaurants popularity means that it gets full a few weeks in advance.

1  Thank DAVID T
Reviewed June 16, 2013

If like me you had never thought about this place to go for an evening meal you should give it a try, the food is so good better than some other well known places. It has a lovely cosy atmosphere the staff are the best so helpful and friendly you will want to return,
The portions are plentiful drinks are reasonably priced can't wait to go back.
Would probably have to book a table in advance as its a busy place.