“Best food in town”

Ranked #1 of 159 Restaurants in Nuneaton
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We had the pleasure of having them as our caterers for our wedding day reception. The food was out of this world, couldn't wished for better food..We have also been to the bistro, the atmosphere and food are fantastic....It being a family business brings that certain happy atmosphere...would recommend to anyone to go their for a meal...

1  Thank Phillips76

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Visited for my wifes birthday........lucky to drop on a last minute cancellation. Three excellent courses of food........especially liked the salmon fishcake starters and monk fish with curried mussels main. I guess the chocolate panacotta dessert my wife had was also very good as I never got offered a taste and it dissappeared in double quick time! Cheese board selection and portions were good but it would have benefited from a little fruit (grapes/apple). The atomosphere is very friendly and the service was good and very attentive..........especially liked having the table for the whole evening and not being rushed. Only point for improvement I would suggest is expanding the wine list selection...........although I am led to believe that if you have a particular wine preference the restaurant will source for you pending adequate notice. Good value for money and nice to have a quality food option available in the Nuneaton area at reasonable prices........will definitely be visiting again. Word of caution book well in advance for the evenings as the restaurants popularity means that it gets full a few weeks in advance.

1  Thank DAVID T
Reviewed June 16, 2013

If like me you had never thought about this place to go for an evening meal you should give it a try, the food is so good better than some other well known places. It has a lovely cosy atmosphere the staff are the best so helpful and friendly you will want to return,
The portions are plentiful drinks are reasonably priced can't wait to go back.
Would probably have to book a table in advance as its a busy place.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I've been to Anthony's a few times now (only for lunch, not for dinner yet!) and the food has always been great and affordable, the only problem is the actual place. It's far too small! We had to pull the table away from the wall just to get in and this meant we were in the way of the waitresses and people trying to get by, so we didn't feel comfortable or at ease, having to keep getting up. Plus with it being a small place, the steam and heat from the kitchen makes it quite hot and stuffy inside. The food is great, the chef is fantastic and the ladies who serve are very friendly, but it feels like the restaurant is stuck in limbo between a cafe and a decent restaurant. The restaurant could do with one or two people with Front of House experience in restaurants and little touches like greeting people at the door and seating them rather then letting them seat themselves would be great, because you can control your covers and know who is where. Anthony's has the potential to be a great place, the Back of House is bang on, but the Front of House needs looking at and the location dosent do it justice. But that's just my opinion, I urge everyone to go and check it out!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Went to Anthony's for my Birthday meal, had always wanted to do a Murder Mystery evening but wanted to do it somewhere that I knew the food would be excellent, There were 12 of us and Anthony's were very accommodating with the food as we played our game, the food was fabulous and there were no delays in serving us all at the same time, the atmosphere was great and they really couldn't have done enough for us. We all had an excellent time, big thanks to Anthony's for making it a brilliant evening.