“Pleasantly surprised”

The Griff House Beefeater
Ranked #59 of 162 Restaurants in Nuneaton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Championing the unique flavours which come with chargrill cooking methods, Beefeater Grill Griff House offers a modern take on traditional steakhouse dining. Alongside an accomplished bar stock, prime meat cuts, fresh fish and wholesome vegetarian dishes make up the simple yet diverse Beefeater menu. Beefeater Grill restaurants pride themselves on sourcing the finest meat cuts and premium seasonal produce. Also renowned for its family-friendly welcome, Beefeater Grill presents a 'Little Eaters' menu, offering a fun range of dishes for children. Evoking a lively ambience and offering a menu filled with favourites, Beefeater restaurants are a consistent crowd pleaser.
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We ate here with friends - the restaurant was reasonably busy despite it being a Monday evening. Choice for vegetarians is limited but my mushroom risotto was very nice. My partner had ribs which he said were good, and our friends all enjoyed their meals. Service was quick and the waitress was friendly. Better than the usual chain pub grub. The only problem was the heat! It was unbelievably hot!

Reviewed February 28, 2013

My daughter and I visited the Griff yesterday for lunch. Surpirisingly it was quiet with few diners, the decor is dark but not foreboding. Our waitress was very courteous and helpful, taking our drinks order and bringing them promptly to our table.

The food was not great, I had a Chicken Paprika salad, which was mostly sald with two small pieces oc very dyr chicken breast on top, the paprika sauce was unusually strong overpowering everything else on the plate, my daughter had chicken with fries and seemed to enjoy it.

For what it was I felt it was short on value for money and the fact that there were not many diners seems to highlight that.

Would I go back, probably not, would I use another Beefeater, probably, just to see if this is a one off.

1  Thank Garth M
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We called into the restaurant, on our way from Plymouth to Nuneaton, when one of the special deals were running. We had not made a reservation and the place was absolutely packed. The manager was a real gem he set us up with a table for four in the bar and i have to say that the food was considerably better than other restaurants in the group and the service was so good that we have subsequently called in again and we have found the same very high level of friendly service and good food. The restaurant is very well run with well motivated staff and a few of the other restaurants in the group should bring themselves up to this standard.
On our next trip to Nuneaton we shall be dining here again.

2  Thank swtraveller186258
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We went to the griff to celebrate my parents golden wedding anniversary ...there was ten of us ...adults, teenagers and children , we all had a really nice time ,made,especially pleasent because of our serving waitress ...a lovely helpful and attentive lady called Jayne.
There was a Varied selection of food and suited all our differing tastes.
The ambience of the place was warm and cosy and would defiantly reccommend for a family meal or celebration. We had an anniversary cake that we had bought in ourselves and they were quite happy to bring it to our table after our main course and provide plates and serviettes.
Will defiantly return.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

My wife chose salmon and I chose the 10 oz rump steak for mains. We started with a wild mushroom soup with sherry which was absolutely delicious.

The mains arrived and my wife enjoyed her salmon; my steak was 50% gristle & fat; in all fairness, the waitress offered to replace it but I didn't relish the thought of watching my wife eat, then her watching me eat so I ate what I could. As we were using a two for one offer, the waitress didn't charge us for the soups which was a nice touch. The service was excellent, just a shame the meal was let down by my steal which could have been easily spotted, even before it was cooked!