“Not three...two and a half”
Review of Longshoot

Longshoot
Ranked #27 of 156 Restaurants in Nuneaton
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Warwick, United Kingdom
“Not three...two and a half”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We have visited The Longshoot many times over the years for a carvery meal and have always been happy enough. We visited on the first night they re-opened after a refurb. Upon entering, we couldn't help but notice that it looked the same as it did before. Fair enough, they may have had new carpets and a lick of paint but even then, I'm only guessing. If I didn't drive past every weekday to and from work, I would never had known it had been closed for a refurb. These thoughts were consolidated by a member of the bar staff who asked us what we thought of the refurb. When we said we can't see any difference, they agreed and said they thought the same.

As far as we could tell , the only difference was that now you have the choice of a normal sized plate or a big plate. It appeared to us that the meat portions of old were now the big plate portions. And if you ordered a normal plate, you would get a smaller portion of meat than you used to get. We may be wrong and it may have been a case of learning on the first night and things may have got better since but we haven't been back to find out yet. So....before refurbishment, we would have given this a four, but this review is for the most recent visit and we would like to give it a three. I have said before that I would prefer trip advisor to enable reviewers to vote out of ten as it would give a more accurate score. I would have preferred to have given this a two and a half, equivalent to five out of ten.

• Visited October 2012

Hinckley, United Kingdom
“Carvery good value!”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Excellent carvery, for a great price, £3.95 monday to Saturday. Various meats and as many vegetables and yorkshires as you can eat. Good value for money.

Visited May 2012
3 Thank KBBP
Leics
“Christmas Party?”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I use the Longshoot a lot both for business and pleasure and I have always found the carvery excellent even though I think that the mark up for a Sunday is a bit .over the top. Recently I had friends to stay and thought it woujld be nice to book a Christmas Party Night. The starter was a bit grim 'French Onion soup' was awful however we all had the Carvery as main which was excellent although the complimentary pigs in blankets left on our table were not not nice at all. Some of us had a sweet which I believe was also good. My point is that it was advertised as a Christmas Party menu.e which 'included a part ticket'. there was no party nowhere to have a dance just a seat in the main bar which was open to everyone to watch an act how can something be included in a price when it is not charged for anyway?? Also at times the tables behind us resembled a Youth Club - feel ripped off!!

• Visited December 2012
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Longshoot, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear KandDLeics

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your experience fully and would like to look into your comments further, so we have sent you a direct message.

Many Thanks
Fayre & Square
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
“decent meal for money”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Standard carvery meal all nicely cooked, plenty of choice with vegetables and generous slices of served meat . Couldn't fault it for money paid

Visited October 2012
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Longshoot, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Jeanette T

Thank you for your review, we have made the Management Team at the Longshoot aware of your comments.

Many Thanks
Fayre & Square
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“Sunday pricehike !”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We have used the carvery at the Longshoot many times in the past and it is what it is and providing you are not looking for a fine dining experience it works. However....we recently made a return visit for a meal with family only to discover that the price increases by £4.00 per head on a Sunday ! That is more than double the price of any other day !.. I cannot think of any valid
reason to charge double on a Sunday. The food is exactly the same...tables ..the same..service..the same... So beware...what is a fantastic value for money meal on any other day is not such a bargain on a Sunday.
The food as always is ok...the meat portion used to be bigger , but you can now pay more for an extra half slice of meat on a marginally bigger plate. There is a nice selection of vegetables and potatoes and as I said earlier it is what it is ! I am sure we will return on other occaisions,.....but not on a Sunday !!!!!

• Visited November 2012