“excellent”

The Plough Inn
Ranked #27 of 153 Restaurants in Nuneaton
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
“excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

i'm local and have realised wot a decent place this is excellent food nice presentation and good staff will return for sure

Nuneaton, United Kingdom
“First time we have walked out of the Plough disappointed !!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

Firstly there is no problem with the quality of the food. As always excellent. We are local and use the pub for family meals but have not been in for a while. Prices seem to have gone up and meal size gone down. We fully appreciate that prices need to go up but why ruin a winning formula! Meals were amazing and have taken many friends there who have been over the moon but walked out tonight really really disappointed. Not special or great value any more. just like all the other local pubs. Don't mind paying a bit more but not for a lot less!

Bedworth
“Excellent!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

We had been out for the afternoon to enjoy a lovely walk at Market Bosworth. On the way home decided to stop at a recommended pub in Shakerstone for a meal. We both selected our meals from a rather extensive menu to be told that's off the menu on three choices!! Decided to move on and couldn't think of anywhere that would serve us at 16-30 on a Sunday afternoon other that the "normal" Sunday lunch which, we didn't want.
Fortunately for us we stumbled across the Plough.
On entering we were greeted by a very welcoming member of bar staff who informed us that the main menu started at 17-00 and we would be most welcome to sit and wait whilst having a drink. We were given a menu which, I fail to see how anybody could complain at the choice. It's just like a full restaurants rather than a pubs!!
I chose the 4 hour slow roasted belly pork and was astounded at the quality of cooking and the way it was served. My partner chose the Baked Haddock which was again delightful. The only comment we would make is, the sauce should have been put over the Haddock as it was a little on the dry side. The vegetables that she asked for should have included carrots. However, this wouldn't deter us from going back again.
All the staff were exceptionally pleasant and very caring which makes the time we spent there even more enjoyable.
We would strongly advise anyone to try the Plough. We will certainly be returning!!!!!
I would like to add that the menu quite clearly states everything is cooked to order so don't expect to order and be served immediately like a previous comment.

2 Thank Jerry P
Warwickshire, England
“DISAPPOINTED”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

I am a regular visitor the Plough and took a couple of friends with me on recommendation but I was so disappointed as were my friends with the food. I had Salmon and supposedly prawns (but found 1 !) in citrus sauce, pasta was overcooked, no hint of lemon whatsoever in sauce and very little salmon, and it was not worth £10.95! My friend had tuna steak in chilli/lime sauce, the steak was full of bones and dry, which should not have been the case, and my friends BBQ smothered chicken was OK but average and very fatty bacon covered the chicken. We had to wait quite a while for our food too. Has really put me off going again, sorry.

Leicestershire
“Steak? Spot on! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Visited this pub with a couple of work colleagues for lunch and what can I say? Service with a smile, friendly atmosphere and generous servings. Definitely a pub I would recommend and return to. The steak was cooked perfectly and great quality from start to finish. Thank you and see you again soon!