“Best Indian Restaurant around”
Review of India Red

India Red
Ranked #11 of 157 Restaurants in Nuneaton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Been here quite a few times now with friends and never fails to disappoint and always have a good meal. The portion sizes are always very good too and the owners are always humble and helpful. Would definitely recommend the mixed grill sizzler for the starter to share

There are newer reviews for India Red

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Staff are very friendly and if you can't see it on the menu tell them what you like and the will help you. The food is fantastic , I have been to India and its the next best thing. Drinks are dear but aren't they all. If you complain about this place then there is something you are missing. We have been many times and would recommend, can't beat it.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Myself and my partner were made to feel very welcome as soon as we stepped foot into 'India Red' and we enjoyed a drink before being shown to our table. We were seen to very quickly despite having not booked a table. The service was efficient and the food very tasty indeed. I was particularly impressed with the chicken pakora starter as it was not like the very average chicken pakora you find everywhere else, it was lightly battered and the spices used were truly authentic in taste. All food was hot and served to our liking.

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

I have been to India red 3 times and have found it equally poor and disappointing each time.

I only chose to go the first time - the other 2 occasions were for birthdays not by choice.

Firstly, compared to other Asian restaurants in the area it is expensive - both food and drink!

Secondly, it was freezing with plug in heaters set up throughout the restaurant.

Thirdly the food is foul! The mango chutney that you get with popadoms is the thick sticky chutney that you get out of jars and instead of onion chutney you get little pickled onions!? Not sure what that's about!?

On my first visit I had chicken biryani as did my friend - the curry sauce it came with had the consistency of water and the rice was so overcooked I could have picked it up in a block - both of us had bad stomachs after this visit!

On the other 2 visits I had pretty standard currys - I like vegetables in currys but couldn't actually tell what was in the currys here because the sauce was blended to within an inch of its life so all the currys were the same sloppy consistency - also all it tasted of was salt!

I cannot understand why people rave so much about this place I must be missing something but I would actually go out of my way to avoid going here again and I would much rather go to any of the other Asian restaurants in the area and be able to both enjoy my food and take my coat off!

5  Thank Struth_13
indiaredManager, Manager at India Red, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Customer, i am extreemly suprised at this review and very dubious at the same time, but as we are a proffesional business i will go through your points,

You state you have been to the restaurant three times and found it poor and dissapointing, firstly this is a strange situation as if a customer visits a food establishment once and does not have a good experience you would expect that they may wish to give this a second try at a 50% chance albeit reluctantly, then to have a second bad experience and then go again seems to go against the norm in the restaurant industry, what would have been better would have been to have informed the manager (myself) on the second or third visit that the previous experiences were not so good so we could have helped to rectify any issues.

I personally visit all tables and customers as do our other staff to ensure all guests are happy during the meal, we also have a rule that approx after 5 mins of having the meal we always ask guests if all is well and if anything else is required. As we have very minimal complaints i remember almost any issues that arise and can honestly say i have never had a customer thats been in three times, complained about the food and been notified.

Compared to other restaurants we are slightly more expensive but our ingrediants are of a very high quality and all our meats are delivered fresh daily also at a higher cost, to be honest we very very rarely have complaints about our food, we are also the only authentic Indian restaurant in the area that sticks to the sort of menu you would find in a premium restauarnt or hotel in India.

We have never ever had a complaint about the mango chutney this is a first, mango chutney is a thick chutney and we dont water this down to increase our quantity as this is not our style, we choose to give our customers an authentic feel, if you were to walk into a premium restaurant in India like i mentioned before you would find pickled onions in their condiments tray, every restaurant has their own style and we wish to remain authentic, and is the reason why we have more indian people visit our restaurant from far and wide than any other indian restaurant in the area. May i also add pickled onions are more expensive than regular onions and that you received the poppadoms and pickles complimentary without charge as we have this as part of our standard service.

As far as the food is concerened i can only say you are entitled to your opinion but i cannot agree with your comments at all that the food is sloppy and salted heavily we also do random dish tests every week to ensure our standards are kept very high, our vegetarian curries are a huge hit with fresh vegetables easily identifiable in the curries and as we have a larger than usual vegetarian offer a lot of vegetarian people use the restaurant for this reason, good quality fresh cooking.

Finally we have never ever had any complaints about our food causing any issues we record every detail before serving our food and can asssure you the cause for your bad stomach was not our food, the only thing i can apologise for is if you were cold, as we have had extreem cold weather only last week we had snow and the winter has been cold all around, we have a few plug in heaters to ensure guests are comfortable, again if you advised us you were not warm we could have assisted in resolving the matter without delay.

There is a concern here that you had so many issues with one establishment yet did not make this aware to the management.

You are entitled to your opinion but i cannot agree on almost any of the points you have stated, excluding your review we have had 81 other reviewers with a combined reviewer tally of 899 with reviewers from all over the world of which none have had even 10% of the issues you have found.

We try our upmost to take good care of our customers and would be happy to do what they required in order to ensure they have a great dining experience, we also take constructive criticism very well but somtimes we can not please all customers as in this instance.

We are sorry the restaurant is not to your taste and thank you for trying us.

Kind Regards
Manager.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Had a first meal here a few nights ago and id read some reveiws about india red and spoke to friends who had been and all said is was great food and service.
Me and my girlfriend had such a lovely 2 course meal. My girlfriend is not into spicey food and only enjoy's korma style curries but this was not on there menu,but we asked about it and they made her her very own korma...brilliant service....We are are booked in again for this wkd i cant wait yum yum.
If you aint been yet then please give it a go,i doubt you will be dissappointed

2  Thank Tye38

Thank you very much for your review hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards