TripAdvisor
Nuneaton
Post
Inbox
Search

“Alec made our meal memorable”
Review of Corner House

Corner House
Ranked #43 of 191 Restaurants in Nuneaton
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Here at Martson's Corner House we provide a great atmosphere for the casual diner. All of our main meals are 2-4-1 including our great range of specials and pizzas. We offer Free starters or desserts with any Mega meal or Chef Specials on Mondays and Tuesdays. 2 curries for £10 on Wednesdays. 2 Steaks and a bottle of wine for £20 On Thursday and Friday. 2 Pizzas and 2 drinks for £15 12-17 on Saturdays and 2 Sunday roasts for £12.00. Great offers, Great food, Great service, see you all there.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We came for a meal with the family, food and drink was great but Alec with his witty banter, great manors and exquisite service made sure we will return. Long live Alec the king of the corner house

Kind regards
Craig

1  Thank Craig C
CornerHouseTeam, Manager at Corner House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Craig,

Thank you for leaving such a wonderful review, Alec will be delighted with your kind words.
We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Write a reviewReviews (482)

Reviewed September 16, 2019 via mobile

Me & the wife ordered 2x cowboy burgers ,
We recieved 2x incinerated cremated burgers .
We did ask if our burgers had been cooked authentically by campfire , A chef that can’t cook a burger ! How easy can things get ? . Even the batches were burnt !!!!!
Someone’s in the wrong vocation don’t ya think !!!!!!

Hi Keith,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, it is appreciated.
I apologise for the issues you had during this visit.
If you would loike to discuss these matters further please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind regards

Brian Forsyth
Assistant manager
02476 386159

Reviewed September 9, 2019 via mobile

Food was good and reasonably priced. Service was quick and friendly by a smiling Katie who worked hard to look after us.

Date of visit: September 2019
CornerHouseTeam, Manager at Corner House, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2019

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback it is appreciated.
Im glad you enjoyed your meal and found our servive friendly.
Katie will be delighted with your kind words.
Once again many thanks and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 9, 2019

Called in for a quick light bite at lunchtime today with a friend. Settled on a steak, cheese and onion baguette each! It positively melted in your mouth and we both agreed it was the best either of us had ever eaten! (and I've eaten a fair few in my life!) The meat was simply perfect and just the right amount of cheese and onions. Simply perfect.
We were greeted as soon as we entered by a lovely waitress called Katey who was bright, cheerful, very professional, and a credit to this establishment.
Overall with the food, service and atmosphere within this pub I only wish I could award more stars! Well done and may you prosper and grow as you certainly deserve to.
Best wishes and kind regards.

Hi Ian,

Thank you for your review, it is appreciated.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us.
I will ensure that this passed onto our Kitchen team and Katie who Im sure will also be delighted.
Many thanks

Reviewed September 4, 2019

We ate here recently as a family with young children. The small childrens corner was enough to keep our youngsters amused. They also have screens for older children to play games on. We decided to sit outside as it was a nice Day & with young children we didn't want to disturb people inside.
We sat on the non-smoking side, which did seem smaller than the smoking side, but none-the-less we had a lovely spot outside. The meals were served promptly & the portion sizes were incredible. I also felt there was a great deal of choice for the children.
we hope to return here regularly for a nice, reasonably priced meal out.

I only have 2 complaints:
1) The toilets seem to be a bit damp & mouldy, so could do with a touch up
2) The staff were not stocking up the cuttlery (to be used outside) so I had to ask, but they helped me quickly!

Date of visit: July 2019
CornerHouseTeam, Manager at Corner House, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2019

Hi Dyetiz,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, it is appreciated.
I am delighted that you you enjoyed your time with us.

The issue with the toilets has now been reported to our team at Head Office.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.