“a long wait for so called food”
Review of Corner House

Corner House
Ranked #97 of 163 Restaurants in Nuneaton
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Marstons Inn's and Taverns 241. Here at the corner house we offer a wide variety of meals from both our main menu and our 2 specials boards, all of which are Two For One. We also have themed nights to make your experience here even better value while still keeping the same great tasting food. Monday - Selected Chefs Specials and 2 drinks for just £15 Tuesday - 2 Steaks, cooked to perfection and a Bottle of Hardy's Wine to compliment for just £20 Wednesday - Curry Night, 2 Curries and 2 Drinks for £12, make it tastier with some delicious sides to accompany your meal Thursday - Mexican Night: 2 meals from our selected Mexican menu and 2 drinks for just £15 As well as these specials night, we also have amazing specials running throughout the week. With prices this good, food this tasty and staff as friendly as ours its not worth staying in.
Reviewed February 10, 2014

waited a long while for food even though there was not many in!! When it arrived very little bbq sauce on very dry chicken!! chips were the worst I have ever tasted!! food tainted because the fryer oil needed changing!!!

1  Thank susan h

Reviewed January 17, 2014

This has gone really down hill since I last visited, family friendly not for me, better pubs nearby to eat, sorry.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Came here Boxing Day for a family lunch. There was eight of us. There was very little to nil Christmas ambiance whatsoever, the place was not even decorated. The service was abysmal, having to wait, I do not know how long for starters and each subsequent course. The food, when finally served, was absolutely dreadful. In fact it was worse than dreadful. Everything we had, and I mean everything, was cold. The starter I had was breaded mushrooms. I only knew they were breaded mushrooms because the waitress said they were. Absolutely no flavour whatsoever, cold and swimming in water - just vile. However, mine seemed a better option than the soup that was served. Everybody, except one left it. It was cold, big surprise and a thick green gloop with a large dollop in the middle I guess was supposed to be a crouton, It looked absolutely disgusting. A couple of people said they just couldn't eat it because it tasted as bad as it looked. Mains, I had salmon, that to be fair was ok, overcooked but what do you expect? They served old manky potatoes and undercooked sprouts and boiled carrots. By the look of the turkey, it was over cooked and dry as a bone. People did later say that it was just that. Dessert, most people had Christmas pudding and it was literally the size of a gobstopper served with custard. They couldn't even be bothered to serve white or brandy sauce. I had some form of cheesecake which was so devoid of flavour I gave up eating it after a couple of mouthfuls. It did my cousin a favour who polished it off declaring he was starving and he could eat a scabby horse, but wait, he thought he'd already had! I am not exaggerating when I say this was the worst meal I have ever had out anywhere. Almost everyone left food because none of us liked it but we were all too polite to say anything. We know it was cheap for a Boxing Day meal but honestly, I cannot stress just how bad it was.

It is a shame because this place had managed to turn it self around over the past year or so. The waitresses were much more customer focussed and far more friendly than before but honestly, all they were interested in was plugging drinks. I cannot state enough how cheap and nasty this meal was and we are all pretty unanimous in saying that we will never dine here again.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Our party of six all pre- booked the three course christmas meal. The food was of good quality, hot, and the portions were what you would expect for the price. All the staff were friendly, especially our main waitress Katie. We had lovely time, but I feel the company need to put some money into housekeeping/decoration. As we choose the christmas menu, it would of been nice to have crackers to pull, from where we were placed (in corner, felt out of the way') we couldn't see any christmas decoration. There is a tree next to the bar, maybe someone has stolen most of the decorations....a tree without lights! Overall worth a visit, food was good and great customer care.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

We havent been to the corner house for a few months. We went out on a whim early Saturday night. Last time we went you had to order at the bar. Now the servers take all the orders at the table and I must say I really like this.
We had the pate to start and then steak. all was excellent. If I had to grip I would like to see a nice little side salad with my pate not just a few lettuce leaves.
Our server Zoe was lovely and also the young man who also helped was excellent. It is so nice to have personable people serving you as it makes for a nice meal.
This pub/restaurant does 2 for 1 meals and is definitely value for money.