“Snail pace service...”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
England
“Snail pace service...”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Second visit to this restaurant and not as good as the first. Service was horrendously slow. Table booked for half seven and only just finished main at ten. Apart from serving of first drink everything was slow - even taking the order. More than an hour between starter and main course.

Food nicely presented as before. Portions did not seem as big as previously - maybe just hungrier as had to wait so long. Bit mean on the chicken content in main course. Tasty food, but not exceptional. Rather disappointed overall. Fortunately we were with good friends, which meant the wait did not seem so bad.

Maybe a Ramadan thing - with staff not performing at their best. Shame as on last visit both service and food were great.

• Visited August 2013

London
“Average food with friendly service”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This place has been recommended but didn't quite stack up. Situated in an old pub, probably named "The Bull" with the "&Spice" added later, we have been welcomed in a friendly way. The poppadoms have been served with chutney where one was runny and left the impression of being stretched with water. Some dishes which supposed to be sizzling didn't do so and when asked we have been told it was due to health and safety reasons. Other metal bowls could not be touched due to the extremely hot dish and we burned ourselves on that. The tandoori grill made it hard to distinguish between the different meets and fish as it was covered in tandoori spice and all tated the same. Overall a shame as I felt generally well in this place, and though the food wasn't bad, I am not sure if I like to return.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Ulrike_Christian
“Fabulous service”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We decided to go here tonight for a meal with the children for my husbands birthday. This was our first visit and will definitely not be our last. From the minute we walked in the staff we very attentive,friendly and couldn't do enough for you. They firstly helped us choose dishes as we were indecisive. They made recommendations and as the dishes are made fresh to order they can tailor make any dish to how you like it. They heard me mention my husbands birthday then wished him a happy birthday and asked his name. When his food came out they started to sing happy birthday and his food had been plated with a candle in the
Middle and around the edge of the plate said happy 40th Birthday Lee. Such a lovely touch. All in all a great night with lovely food and exceptional staff / service. Thank you for making it special.

• Visited June 2013
Nuneaton, UK
“Super food!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Superb food that has improved since my previous visit (2 star). Original dishes, great service and good value are now the norm for this eatery. My only 'downer' is the decor - needs a make over to take it to the next level. The staff are attentive and friendly - always ask if you want a dish 'tuned' to your taste as the chef appears to be able to conjure up some really good bespoke curries! While Nuneaton continues to have some fine curry houses, this one certainly is pushing for a top 3 position! Well done.

• Visited June 2013
“Friends Birthday”
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

This was my first visit and won't be my last. Service was fantastic, friendly helpful and attentive. My curry was delicious and flavoursome. It was my friends birthday and they wrote her name and Happy Birthday on her plate nice touch.
Price was reasonable too, definately worth a visit.

• Visited May 2013