“Brilliant”

Nuneaton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We have just returned from an evening in Crows Nest. What a lovely evening out. The food was excellent. We took advantage of the special Thursday night offer (a drink and a choice off the grill menu for 5.90) The food was excellent. The service was very good with nice friendly staff. It was very good value for money. Would fully recommend for a pleasant evening out.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank 922Alison1964

Coventry
“Much nicer nowadays”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

After the makeover and new management the Crows Nest is a very pleasant place to go for a drink or a meal or both. Have eaten there three times in as many weeks and food & service has been very good. My wife ordered a rare steak on one occasion and it was actually cooked rare - brilliant - food cooked the way you want it! Ambiance is good now - it has been re-vitalised and is well worth a visit.

• Visited January 2013
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Crows Nest”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We had stopped going in the Crows Nest because of children running around unsupervised. We gave it another go last night, and it was like a different pub. Re-decorated, very clean and a pleasent atmosphere. We will now start using it again. The food was very good and reasonably priced

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank christineanddavid50
“Beautifully done out but ruined as a family pub!”
Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

We've been locals at the crows nest for the past 9 years, 7 1/2 of those we have been taking children in, 1 then number 2 then along came number 3.

The pub has undergone refurbishment and although the main part ofthe pub has been beautifully done I must say its been completely ruined. Whoever has taken over didnt go in a d see what the trade was before the changes were made. Now the main part of the pub resembles the Attleborough Arms, then round the corner is where they seem to be housing the 'rif raf', the big TV has been replaced with an enormous mirror that nobody can see in and there is what can only be described as a portable in the corner. There is a bigger TV as you go in the door on the right where the comfy chairs are but trying to watch a Manchester Derby was impossible! People walked in, took 1 look at the poxy TV and walked out! Trade lost, they won't go back in again to watch football that's for sure.

My boys went and played outside and I must say I'm surprised they kept the play area so that's 1 plus. Our little girl was in a high chair and I literally sat on the floor next to her! It seems to be shove the football lot out the way and have the rest for the posh people. I actually felt uncomfortable in my own local!

I had 1/2 pint of cider which is left on the side that the bar staff swiped and it wasn't dead, the woman behind the bar seriously needs to get over herself, I was half expecting some comment to be made as my little girl loves to just wander about.

The most ridiculous thing I've heard is that there is a 'no children after 9pm' rule. Not a problem during the winter so much unless its over Xmas and the kids are off school. We have taken the children out the last few years Xmas eve and left after 9pm, mainly to ensure they are worn out for bedtime! Plus they see their friends. However during the summer months we spend many an evening especially over the weekend when the children are off school round there until after 9pm, there are a lot of us with children so what are they going to do? Ask us all to leave????! Lots of trade out the window there!

The way it is now I would happily not return to the crows. It's a shame as it was a nice pub, I'd happily walk in with the children and wait for my hubby but not now.

Good pub totally ruined by trying to make it a bit up market and a bit more of an eatery.

Going back to yhe no kids after 9pm as thisnis 'adult time' To be told also when there are 8 adults and 5 children that the no children after 9pm rule was so that people didnt have to put up with 'kids running around' I feel is harsh and unfair. Talk about cutting off their noses to spite their faces! So they will turn down the trade of 8 drinking adults and 5 children 3 of which are drinking Pepsi and J2O. I'm sorry Crows Nest you're letting yourself down.

Relax the rule and keep people happy else risk loosing a lot of trade.

Also, the food is abysmal!

2 Thank bzgztsjsldfy
Bishops Wood
“Fabulously refurbished and highly recommended - The Crows Nest Nuneaton”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I visited The Crows Nest in opening night following the refurbishment and it was jam packed and had a great buzz. The pub looked fantastic and had clearly had a lot of money spent on it, the inside looked fantastic, modern and clean and outside has been remodelled with a patio and gazebo area that looked very welcoming, even in sub zero temperatures.
There is a separate area for those that like their TV and sport, including darts, and the large main bar/dining area had lots of different levels giving a feeling of being roomy but intimate.
The new owners and staff were rushed of their feet but managed to keep smiling and welcoming everyone to the pub.
I look forward to visiting The Crows Nest again .....

• Visited December 2012