“Cracking country pub”

Olde Red Lion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Atmosphere, food and Drink are all excellent. Great real ales and a warm welcome. Even well behaved dogs are welcomed in the bar.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

we only went in for a drink but very friendly warm and welcoming this pub is in walking distance from bosworth hall. right in the centre of market bosworth. We did check out the menu, reasonable prices for bar meals, guest ales are available , try before you buy, definately worth a visit

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We decided to pop to the red lion for lunch on my husbands birthday with friends.
Although we are only a village away we haven't eaten here together before, and I haven't visited the pub for many years, so it was nice to go back to an old haunt, and nothing has really changed, which is nice!
They had a special lite bite menu and my husband and friends had the lasagne - the vegetarian lasagne was only available on the main menu and so I decided as I had been wanting a vegetable lasagne to go for it, even if my meal would be twice the size of my fellow diners.
Everyone was happy with the food and all said the portion size was perfect, I however battled on with my big vege lasagne for some time, it was definitely home made, however the addition of cauliflower did make the dish somewhere confused between a cauliflower cheese and a lasagne, but that's just me, I haven't had cauliflower in lasagne before and I perhaps would chose something different next time, the staff were lovely and offered us the use of the car park if we were having a wander wound the village which we thought was very kind, this is a lovely traditional pub, where dogs are welcome in some areas, and they have a large outdoor eating area and smoking hut, ample parking is available, and its the place to stop if you don't want a gastro meal but a more traditional English pub menu, enjoy.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We had arrived early in Market Bosworth to meet family. Popped in here for a pre lunch pint. Lively and busy but served quickly. Good pint and had some nibbles. Very enjoyable, friendly and a "proper" pub

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Reasonably priced food and good range of beers.
Good they haven't gone down for the Farrow and Ball colour scheme and but prices up. A solid British pub with simple but tasty food at less than gastropub prices. Friendly staff.
A welcoming fire on a cold day too.