“Thank You”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Market Bosworth
Birmingham England
“Thank You”
Reviewed August 23, 2006

we have just taken our american friends to Bosworth Hall for one night, they loved it!. So very, very english. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The bedrooms are a bit 'tired' looking but still elegant. Beautiful grounds. Very good value. Special thanks to Kelly, reservations manager.

SM

• Liked — VERY ENGLISH
  • Disliked — LARGE ROOMS
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with friends
2 Thank archers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,198)
London
Reviewed August 21, 2006

went for 1 night was apprehensive because of some of the previous reviews............do not worry . Rooms fine, very large, staff helpful and pleasant. Food good, spa area lovely. Lovely grounds. I can imagine that when a wedding is on it would be noisy. Very busy hotel. Very good value.

• Liked — informal and relaxing in lovely surroundings
  • Disliked — bedsprings
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
Wolverhampton
Reviewed July 23, 2006

We stayed at the Bosworth Hall Hotel last weekend for our wedding anniversary and were very happy with our time there. We found the staff to be helpful and friendly. Our room was clean, larger than we expected and overlooked the croquet lawn.

We had a carvery dinner and a full English breakfast, both were very good and plentiful.

The location and grounds were lovely, and only a few minutes walk through the church yard into the village. This is an excellent base to explore the surrounding area and we would have no hesitation in returning.

• Liked — Grounds and Location
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank The-Ws
Fife
Reviewed July 19, 2006

My husband and two girls stayed at this hotel for two nights and found it delightful. The room was spacious and bathroom was superb especially the shower.

The food was calvery food which was good and there was a good selection of it. We found the hotel clean and welcoming, however the staff in the resturant could have been a bit happier and the bar staff werent very impressive.

We had a swim in this hotel and the pool was lovely the only things that spoint the leisure facility was the stairs to and from the pool which were spiral.... not very good if you have a todller as they could be potentially dangerous. All in all though a pleasant stay with lovely walks around the hotel and a lovely village.

Stayed July 2006
3 Thank Fiona69
Oldham
Reviewed July 3, 2006

1. The hotel is very difficult to find. The directions on the leaflet was pathetic and innacurate.

2. When i finally arrived. The reception staff didn't have a smile on their faces and were stroppy. Then they got me to fill out a silly questionaire for them....all i wanted was my room key. The directs they gave me to my room was just as bad.

3. it was 'puzzle' time then trying to find my room. I had a lot of luggage with me and not one person assisted.

4. the room was shabby. was not impressed. some thing from 1985. no air conditioning and their was problems with the windows. the decor and tables and chairs were not very nice.

5 bathroom was old/tatty. had a univeristy halls smell about it.

Some nice bits about it....

6. absolutely beautiful location. i only drove thrugh the town market bosworth...and even that was gorgeous.

I was attedning an event at the conference and also everything was paid for by my company, therefore it didn't bother me too much about the rooms etc. If it was upto me, and i HAD TO STAY the night...i would have stayed in somewhere like premier travel inn....rooms are much nicer.

premier

• Stayed July 2006, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Market Bosworth hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 28, 2006

My wife and I booked a night in the hotel just looking to get away for a couple of days. The hotel is as previous comments in beautiful surroundings in a quaint town. For the price you pay including breakfast and dinner it really is difficult to complain. I have stayed 3-5 * hotels all over the world and the service we received was extremely good. The room was adequate, large but dated. I would not take much to turn the hotel in to what it should be as it is just a bit run down. From what I can gather most weekends they have a wedding so we were lucky enough to have a room away from the main party - if your room is near the wedding party, then it could possibly be a noisy night.

• Stayed May 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
England
Reviewed June 24, 2006

I spent one night at this hotel, attending an event.

The room was a good size. However, the decor was dated. The double bed was actually two single beds put together. The mattress should have been replaced a long time ago. The only positive aspect of the room was the pressure of the shower.

I could tolerate a room of this standard for a one night stay where I spent very little time in the room. Otherwise, I would have insisted on a different room.

The restaurant and the service were OK.

The hotel grounds and the building itself are quite attractive, and what is most disappointing about this property is that it could be a really good hotel, if an investment was made to bring the rooms up to date and sharpen up the service. In its current state, I would not choose to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
Days Inn Leicester Forest East M1
Kilworth House Hotel
Kilworth House Hotel
#1 of 1 in North Kilworth

Been to Bosworth Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!