“Nice Hotel poor Customer Service”

Bosworth Hall Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Market Bosworth
Northampton
“Nice Hotel poor Customer Service”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I have stayed in many hotels around the UK for business and pleasure and when me and my wife were driving up the drive we were amazed by the beauty of the building but the second we walked through the door and greeted by the less than wanting to be here hello from the receptionist. The rest of the staff were pretty had the same attitude through out the stay, the bed was like sleeping on the floor which might have been more comfortable.
Brittania Hotels are not famed for quality and excellence in running hotels and should really make a decision to renovate this hotel and invest in properly trained staff that enjoy there jobs.

The hotel grounds are beautiful shame the hotel lets it down, excellent wedding venue for excellent photos.

I'm only giving it 3 green pips because I think with the right management and training and a bit of updating it could really impress and draw me back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,185)
London
Reviewed May 13, 2014

It is was a great pity that the quality of the hotel experience didn't match that of the setting which was truly stunning.
The hotel is indeed of great deal of modernisation and updating. The carpets and general décor wouldn't have been out of place in a residential care home whilst the bedrooms lacked style, quality and finesse. That said, the bedroom was spacious and had tea and coffee making facilities plus a very old-fashioned TV.
The evening carvery was disappointing: (tin??) mushroom soup for starters which contained far too much black pepper or a salad bar; traditional beef and turkey carvery but both meats were as dry as a bone, roast potatoes which were burnt beyond recognition, red cabbage, carrots and cauliflower (all dry and hard); desert consisted of a selection from chocolate cake, profiteroles, lemon tart, rice pudding and tinned fruit salad (it all looked shop bought!). Breakfast the following morning consisted of tinned grapefruit and orange segments, prunes, various yogurts, a range of cereals and muesli, toast, plus the usual cooked breakfast that had been sitting around for far too long.
However, at £59 for the room, dinner (including a bottle of wine) and breakfast, it was at least good value.
Overall, if you are just staying overnight then this hotel is fine but I wouldn't recommend staying longer!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank jnbtt
matlock
Reviewed May 13, 2014

we went on a groupon deal £90 for B&B and evening meal with 2 treatments. dined in the cromptons restaurant and it was a nice meal we paid £6 for a bottle of wine at time of booking saving £6.
The room was large,comfortable a bit dated but it fitted in with the period.we had good internet access in this room and all in all had a pleasant stay. The spa treatments we very good and all the staff were polite and sociable. I would definitely go again and there is a new deal on groupon as of 13th may 2014 which I am concidering booking.

Room Tip: room 117 was an executive room it was large with a big bathroom the internet was good but the view w...
1 Thank whitebhoy
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Bought a Wowcher spa night for two at Bosworth Hall for my mum and I as a treat. The hotel is beautiful and the grounds are lovely but the service in the hotel, the lack of attention to detail from the hotel staff, the lack of pride of working in such a beautiful and historic building and the relative lack of care (and ability to say sorry) is really doing this hotel a massive disservice. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone and I won't personally stay in a Britannia owned hotel again or use Wowcher again after this "treat".

Our stay was less than tranquil and verged towards stressful - embarrassingly so. I would not stay in this hotel again, not even for free!

Room Tip: Don't go
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank Suky D

Travelers are raving about these Market Bosworth hotels

Pontypridd, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 11, 2014

The hotel itself is beautifully set in an historical area and looks very impressive.
However, on entering the hotel, you quickly realise that's where the classy appearance ends and that wet cold flannel of reality strikes. Basil Fawlty would be proud of the mouldy windows, gaffa taped stair carpets, heavy screwed to the wall pictures and the eighties peeling decor ! My favourite moment was when my other half dropped his shoe on the bedroom floor and it turned the kettle on 6 feet away .. Doggy electrics or ghost .. You decide !
The hotel is staffed by Jeremy Kyle's Best ! Who have failed to understand the concept of customer service, meeting the expectations of the customer or performing basic duties such as delivering the correct food ordered or pouring the wine !
The only help on offer is the customer service signs indicating if you are blind please ask for help. .. Which has no Braille ,!!??!!
The TV in the room was nearly as deep as the bed and forget using the wifi unless you wish to stand on one leg and hang off the roof !
On a more serious note I actually alerted management to the fact that the fire escape in the restaurant was blocked by a laid out table for six !!!!
We went via Groupon so thank goodness did not pay full price however I had to show my proof of the offer as the restaurant manager refused to let us eat in the Comptons Restaurant until he had confirmed with reservations! Unfortunately as we stayed two nights .. We endured Groundhog Day and wasted a further hour the second night reproving what they confirmed the night before !
If you want a basic level of service expected from your stay I suggest you look elsewhere. However if you want to make John Cleese proud then enjoy ! Ps bring your best trackie x

Room Tip: Book in a different hotel
1 Thank Tracey W
Billy240, General Manager at Bosworth Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and I was sorry to read that you felt that parts of our service fell short. I noticed in your comments that you booked a Groupon voucher that included dinner. I'm sorry to say that this is incorrect and you booked direct with our central reservations and this did not include Crompton’s restaurant. I was however very pleased that my team allowed you to dine in Crompton's restaurant free of charge. My apologies for the misunderstanding but one can only book a Groupon voucher when this is purchased in the first place.

Thank you for your comments regarding the fire exit that has now been resolved.

Off course I would have been delighted if you would have made your comments during your visit especially when we met in the morning during check out.
With kind regards,

The hotel management
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We stayed here for 1 night as a last minute get away. We payed £49.50 for bed and breakfast. Firstly, who can complain at that price, a beautiful hotel with lovely grounds in a lovely little village. Ok, so the rooms may be slightly dated, but who cares?, It clearly states a 3 star hotel, the bed was comfy, the TV worked and had enough channels to get a choice.

We decided to have dinner there and payed £12.50 each for 3 corses!, Food tasted lovely, we have NO complaints about the food. It is buffet style, however had choices for a cavery with two different types of meat, fish and chips, curry and rice. Enough to choose from to fill you up. The breakfast-Also buffet style had everything you can ask for.

We did not use the spa or swimming pool facilities so therefore cannot comment on these.

We would definitely return to this hotel.

3 Thank jessicaah91
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your feedback. In recent months we have worked hard to get retrain the team and I’m delighted to hear that this is working.
I thank you for your comments and we will continue to further improve the hotel were we can and appreciate that you have taken the time to write to us.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Hotel management
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Driving towards this hotel is very impressive, especially of the history of the area it is situated in. Checking in was ok but the hotel is in need of some TLC. I was attending the venue with approximately fifty work colleagues, a room was set up for refreshments but twice I attempted to pour what I thought was coffee from a flask but got 'hot water' none of the other flasks were labelled i.e. Hot water,tea.
Whilst having a buffet lunch a chair collapsed when a guy sat on it. A waitress saw it and just ignored it! In another room we had to move two other chairs ' out of action' due to the chance that they would collapse. The weather was very wet outside but on two corridors the rain decided to join us. A hotel worker quickly pointed out the hazard and 'marked' the effected area off - good move.
My room was a executive room which was a good size but needed updating, very dated.
The evening meal was in a very pleasant room and we were entertained by a lovely young female waitress who referred to Yorkshire Puddings as 'Yorkies' and because the plate of beef was heavy unknowingly used my right shoulder as a table whilst serving my colleague.
Overall, a beautiful setting but the hotel was in need of some TLC..
Breakfast was not very good. The scrambled eggs were a solid mass and not pleasant. The only male employee on breakfast duty required a course on customer service and make the customers welcome.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank wilkm02
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your feedback. I was sorry to read that part of your stay could have been improved and we will continue to work on this in the coming weeks.
Your feedback has been shared with the team to ensure that all are aware of your comments so we can improve on these.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Hotel management
Badgers Mount Hotel
Badgers Mount Hotel
#1 of 1 in Elmesthorpe
Leicester Marriott Hotel

Been to Bosworth Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!