“bosworth hall”

Bosworth Hall Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Market Bosworth
Reviewed September 23, 2012

stayed at bosworth hall for 1 night on saturday 22 of september was very nice freindly staff nice room food very nice especially breakfast i do think they could with a bit more entertainment there on the whole enjoyed my stay would go again

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
lockylock, General Manager at Bosworth Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you for your comments and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us
On occasions we do offer entertainment, however not as a general rule for the packages

There are newer reviews for Bosworth Hall Hotel & Spa

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Was looking for somewhere for a one night wedding anniversary stop over , with character and a touch of class, drove past this place and it imposing frontage and spectacular setting coupled with the quaint location appealed, so I checked the website and it looked every bit as good as I hoped ( duped for the last time by images on a hotel website ).
We arrived at 11:30am , we knew the chances were the room wouldn't be ready, but to be greeted by a receptionist who might have well have said " what are you doing stood there with suitcases at this time, go away and come back later " was not expected. I said we were checking in but almost before I had finished the receptionist snapped back " your room won't be ready until 2pm.
Then when I said we had two rooms booked , one for our two sons who were arriving later, the receptionist informed me that we only had one booked, I got my I pad out and showed the reservation clearly with two rooms but we had the classic "computer say no" discussion for five minutes with eventually three members of staff getting involved.
Eventually got them to accept we had two rooms booked, but not once did We get, "apologies for the error/ misunderstanding " or " enjoy your stay" .

All in all ( with exception of the bar staff ) the hotel staff were ignorant , we witnessed two more guests who were dissatisfied, one who whispered to us " they are awful in here" when we were checking in and another who had requested a room change and was being subject to the receptionist lecturing on health and safety as a reason why the switch couldn't happen.

And then the food,,,,oh my god, it was simply not edible, I will leave it there.

And finally at check in I was presented with the same bill for our room and our sons room with all charges duplicated and the receptionist attempting to charge twice for everything.

Awful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Dale B

A little surprised with your overall comments especially regarding the food and the overall staff at the hotel.
I have never heard any staff ask what anyone is doing at reception although they may have asked if you were waiting to check-in or out due to the time of your arrival

I apologise for the mistake with your booking, however as you said once it was higlighted it was rectified at the time. unfortunately mistakes do happen

Reviewed September 22, 2012

we enjoyed our stay at bosworth hall very much,our room was lovely,a comfortable bed,a super bathroom spotlessly clean with a powerful shower.The staff were very friendly and helpful.the grounds are beautiful and we enjoyed our early morning walks around them,the village is only five minutes walk away with plenty of old pubs and places to eat.we will definitley be staying here again on our next visit to warwickshire.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your overall comments of the hotel and the staff and I am pleased that you will be returning in the future

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Just returned from a really enjoyable 5 day break here.As part of a coach group, no checking in.Just given our keys as we entered, by a really pleasant lady.I asked for an iron and ironing board which reached our room at the same time as we did.The grounds are beautiful and although we didn't use the leisure centre it looked really nice.There was also a large snooker table in a very comfortable room overlooking the leisure centre and free to use.They have everything from spa,sunbeds, waxing to painting your nails so all good if you want a special treat. Not a lot to do in Market Boswort, outside of enjoying a walk and the park where you can feed the ducks.It is a lovely place though if you want a quiet break.We went on excursions to Bath,Stratford on Avon and Stamford but spent a full day at the hotel and surroundings which was lovely.The staff were excellent and we never had a problem with mealtimes so can't fault them.Nice clean room and good service so really would go back.I always get mad when people say you get what you pay for because i always expect a clean room and reasonable service regardless, and we certainly got that at Bosworth Hall. Thankyou for making our week a really good one :0)

1  Thank PippaDurham

Thank you for your comments and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and would return again

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I've been dying to visit this hotel, the former home of the Dixie family, since I discovered that my great-great aunt's mother-in-law Rosamond Dixie spent her childhood here. Although I was aware of Britannia's less than stellar reputation I was a little disappointed by the state of my room (especially as it cost £185 for two nights). Admittedly it wasn't in the picturesque part of the building, but for that money I wasn't expecting to find a wardrobe with sliding doors that didn't slide properly and two out of three chairs with stained upholstery. The shades on the bedside lamps were also so dark I could barely see to read. But on the whole I enjoyed my stay...and the grounds are fabulous!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank JuliaAtkinson
Reviewed September 19, 2012

although my sister and i booked two rooms at this hotel we were told that our booking was for one double room. our booking printout clearly showed that we had booked two rooms. as i snore and my sister is a light sleeper we never share a room let alone a bed. we were booked into a small double bedroom which we declined. the hotel was overbooked so no other rooms were available. we were however given a full refund and allowed to use the spa facilities for the afternoon.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Driving up the winding driveway to the old hall and main hotel it all looks very impressive and charming, but sadly that is where the delight of this place ends.

I stayed here with my wife for a cousins wedding in late August for 1 night. We paid £120 inc breakfast and have to say were massively dissappointed.

First of all we booked a double room, we actually had a twin room with the beds pushed together, which massively annoys me as from my point of view, its deceitful, a double room should have a double bed, no excuses. Not according to reception who begged to differ. The rooms decour are out of date, I have noticed that the replies by the hotel says that they are not modern type of decor, but there is a difference between the shabby chique look and plain out of date, just ask Alex Polizzi, the TVs are so old sound doesnt work properly and the picture is distorted where it cant convert the freeview box flat screen format into its old format. The paintwork on the windows is all falling off, the bathroom is something out of the 70's and I can spit a more powerful shower than what actually comes out of the mixer taps. This isnt a hotel trying to be antique, this is a hotel that has got lazy and cannot be bothered to modernize and spend some money keeping it up to date. I was going to complain but when I sat in my room reading trip advisor and read some of the comments about leaking roofs and mouldy walls I thought we had done alright and didnt complain for fear of being moved into another hovel of a room.

We then decided to go to the SPA for a swim, first of all we were told to pay £5 each just to enter but that wasnt to cover the overnight stay, that was just for saturday if we wanted to use it on the sunday then that was another £5. So £20 for both of us for 2 days, my health club membership for a month is only £30!! And as regards the health club well that is of a really poor low standard, obviously built in the early 80's and not much spent on it since, pool is only half size not full length, the jacuzzi small and the steam room smelt mouldy, the locker rooms were filthy, just not nice.

The food, well it was ok, we ate the wedding food that was provided but I have had better at weddings, the breakfast was ok. The one thing that bugs me is that there is no fresh juice, its all concentrated cheap Lidl quality, full of sugars.

Overall its a horrible hotel and a complete rip off for £120 + extra for the SPA per night, Consider when you can stay in a Hilton for the same money, enjoy a fully equipped gym, full size pool and modern facilites, have a double bed when you book a double room have a superior breakfast with everything freshly cooked and provided it shows what an even bigger rip off this hotel is. In fact I would rather stay at a Premier Inn and have Lenny Henry staring at me from all angles.

Would I ever stay in this hotel again? Never. Would I use Britannia Hotels again? Not if this is anything to go by. Stay well away would be my advice.

Room Tip: Dont stay here, find another hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Badgers Mount Hotel
#1 of 1 in Elmesthorpe
Travelodge Leicester Markfield
Best Western Plus Ullesthorpe Court Hotel & Golf Club

Been to Bosworth Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!