“nice place with friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Miller & Carter

Miller & Carter
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Serving up its painstakingly sourced menu of succulent steak dishes, Miller & Carter is devoted to all things beef. Alongside delicious cuts from the grill, the diverse menu includes build-your-own burgers, market-fresh fish dishes and a range of tempting nibbles. Chilled draught beers, cooling cocktails and an extensive list of tipples are found behind the bar, or guests can choose from the well-stocked wine cellar.
Seeboden, Austria
“nice place with friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed at the bar room and also had my lunch there, since I have been alone. Prices acceptable for the quality offered. Rich choice from the menu with the dominance of meat!

• Visited March 2013

“Great for a Mother's Day treat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had a lovely meal as a Mother's Day treat. They had the full main menu plus a couple of special starters and mains. Mum and Dad really enjoyed their food which was excellent. We left extremely full and having really enjoyed ourselves. The waitress was friendly and helpful. My only quibble would be that the scallop starter - unlike the rest of the meal - was tiny for the price. The Eaton Mess, however, was huge and it took 2 of us to eat it! Yum!

Solihull, United Kingdom
“Disappointing Luncheon Experience, especially the wine scenario!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I met with four of my colleagues for Lunch here on Tuesday 12 March, we had a pre Lunch drink in the Lounge area and then went through to our designated table. we were given menu's and the wine list as i was the host i chose an Argentinan Malbec and also a bottle of still water, the waiter disappeared to collect the drinks and wine, upon his return he delivered the water but informed due to a busy "Mothering Sunday" my wine choice had sold out, I again re visited the wine list and chose a Spanish Rioja, off went the waiter to retrieve my choice, upon his return, empty handed he informed me that again due to a busy Mothers Day this wine had also sold out!! he also went on to inform me that the Cabernet Savigion was also unavailable!! before i made yet another selection I informed the waiter that he had given us Sparkling water and not the Still which we ordered!! I reluctantly chose another Red that was the most expensive at £30.00 per bottle which we managed to drink FOUR bottles of during Lunch, I did suggest to the waiter that he should charge us (£16.95 my first choice wine) for the subsituted wine but that apparently fell on deaf ears, the manageress on duty not once approached our table to offer her apologies or any subsequent compromise, and upon paying our bill at £289.00 at no time were we offered any allowance for the failure of the Restaurant to supply the Wines of our choice. My suggestion and overall opinion would be don't visit this restaurant a few days after "Mothering Sunday!!!" I would really appreciate the feedback and comments from the General Manager pertaining to this Scenario!!!!

• Visited March 2013
“A must for steak lovers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

I took my girlfriend for a payday treat. Found it friendly, good service, food was brilliant. Our waiter kept forgetting to bring my pints but apart from that a great experience. Would definitely go back!

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Would like to be able to eat here at least once”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

Have tried on several occasions to have a meal here since it opened as a miller & carter but cannot book a table for 2 and when you turn up get asked if you have booked (where's the sense in that) then told there will be an hours wait for a table (this hour seems compulsory at most M & B restaurants as does the confusing issue of booking tables)

I know the company wants us to spend money in the bar as this has a good mark up for them but we don't all want to sit in a bar drinking when we have to drive home and there is only so much watered down soft drinks that can be drunk in a night